Sunderland working out now on ESPNU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sunderland working out now on ESPNU

bench press has to be the dumbest testing event ever. typical people who can bench a lot are short and stumpy w little flexibility aka not basketball players.
As someone in the fitness industry this is simply not true.

Yeah I mean Lebron has a 7'1" wingspan and I'd be willing to bet he could put up 185 more than once.

If everyone knows you can't shoot, what's the worst that can happen? Take a chance and do better than expected and you've given people something to think about.

No, you don't risk really tightening up and bombing out. That would absolutely kill him. Yes, there's a chance he could shoot well, but the downside risk is too high. It could cement opinions against his potential.

I think MCW is going to have a hard time getting around those hedges coming up on pick' n roll D. He could easily get bumped and dislodged.

His handle is not that tight. I like to see our kids succeed, but he could have used another year badly. He's got Donte written all over him. Clearly not ready physically or skills wise. Plenty of room for improvement in both. He's going to get exposed this summer.

No, you don't risk really tightening up and bombing out. That would absolutely kill him. Yes, there's a chance he could shoot well, but the downside risk is too high. It could cement opinions against his potential.
It's a punt. I have strong feelings about punting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's a punt. I have strong feelings about punting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Most people projected the lottery don't do it. It's not like he's pussing out. It's sound business advice.

While I will agree that someone with shorter arms that has less motion to complete a rep might be able to do more reps, it doesn't mean someone with that body type is stronger than someone who is longer.

Southerland comes in that 6'8" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan and 220 lbs (for comparison's sake, Nerlens Noel came in at 205 lbs lmao).

MCW measured out at 6'6" in shoes with a 6'7.5" wingspan I believe, and 185 lbs.

Good measurements for both of them. Measurements like that could be enough for Southerland to advertise himself as a stretch 4 in the NBA, and measurements like MCW's will definitely be a topic of discussion among GMs.

Couple other notables:
Rudy Gobert is an absolute freak. 7'9" wingspan, 9'7" standing reach (he can grab the backboard with ease while standing flatfooted without shoes)
Shane Larkin came in at 5'11" in shoes with a 5'10" wingspan, so he's basically a late 1st round pick at best at this point.
Trey Burke came in at 6'1" in shoes with a 6'5.5" wingspan, which is huge for him (though I personally don't hold his size against him, I question his ability to break his man down).
Otto Porter 6'8" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan, great for him.
Peyton Siva 6'1" in shoes... Complete and utter shock to me. I thought he'd be 5'11" in shoes.

Southerland comes in that 6'8" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan and 220 lbs (for comparison's sake, Nerlens Noel came in at 205 lbs lmao).

MCW measured out at 6'6" in shoes with a 6'7.5" wingspan I believe, and 185 lbs.

Good measurements for both of them. Measurements like that could be enough for Southerland to advertise himself as a stretch 4 in the NBA, and measurements like MCW's will definitely be a topic of discussion among GMs.

Couple other notables:
Rudy Gobert is an absolute freak. 7'9" wingspan, 9'7" standing reach (he can grab the backboard with ease while standing flatfooted without shoes)
Shane Larkin came in at 5'11" in shoes with a 5'10" wingspan, so he's basically a late 1st round pick at best at this point.
Trey Burke came in at 6'1" in shoes with a 6'5.5" wingspan, which is huge for him (though I personally don't hold his size against him, I question his ability to break his man down).
Otto Porter 6'8" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan, great for him.
Peyton Siva 6'1" in shoes... Complete and utter shock to me. I thought he'd be 5'11" in shoes.

this is a draft in which you would be better off not winning the #1 pick: there is going to be pressure to roll the dice on Noel, but there might be better bets lower in the lottery (like Gobert).

this is a draft in which you would be better off not winning the #1 pick: there is going to be pressure to roll the dice on Noel, but there might be better bets lower in the lottery (like Gobert).

Agreed, which is why for once, I'm happy where the Bucks are drafting (though I think it's too late in the draft to get MCW, which I would have loved if we let Jennings go).

I'd love to see us target Adetokunbo, Gobert, or possibly Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in a draft like this and just hope that they become something special while running the risk that they could easily be complete busts.

He's currently at his doctors as it has lasted for much longer than the requisite 4 hours.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
It scares me thinking of what a doctor does to relieve the 4 hour erection. Because I know how to relieve a normal one, and I don't want any help from a doctor.

It scares me thinking of what a doctor does to relieve the 4 hour erection. Because I know how to relieve a normal one, and I don't want any help from a doctor.

It depends on how good looking the nurse is. ;)

What in the hell is the purpose of measuring a basketball player's ability to bench press? I can't think of a single reason you'd need to use those muscles while playing basketball.

heard today that Mitch Kupchak and Mike D'Antoni were closely watching Southerland. Lakers have the 48th pick. He'd be a good fit for D'Antoni's system.

I hate the Lakers, but I am always looking for scenarios that will bring Syracuse kids here (last month it was the Waiters rumor). I just want to see them play for a first class organization that knows how to win and is committed to doing so. Lakers and San Antonio are always my preferred destinations for former Orangemen.

heard today that Mitch Kupchak and Mike D'Antoni were closely watching Southerland. Lakers have the 48th pick. He'd be a good fit for D'Antoni's system.

I hate the Lakers, but I am always looking for scenarios that will bring Syracuse kids here (last month it was the Waiters rumor). I just want to see them play for a first class organization that knows how to win and is committed to doing so. Lakers and San Antonio are always my preferred destinations for former Orangemen.
If the late great Doctor Buss was here I would agree with you but unfortunately he is not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Durant's lack of strength was a serious factor in the Grizzlies series. No doubt he's a special talent, but with Westbrook out, he did not have the strength nor stamina to carry his team into the next round. Certainly, imo, his weaker frame contributed to him missing that mid-range open look at the end of last night's game. Several critics said he should've driven or gotten closer to the rim, but his relative lack of strength (along with the series' affect) likely convinced him otherwise. In my opinion, Durant needs to work on his strength...

And, despite all that, there isn't a GM around who wouldn't still draft him #1. So, "serious factor" or not, it seems sorta irrelevant, draft-wise.

I think Melo certainly has the strength, but with subpar series from his teammates, he also might not carry his team to the next round. It's all circumstantial...

You're in LA and "hate the Lakers?" Ouch.
I've been in LA only since August. I've been a Lakers 'fan' since Magic, even though i don't particularly care for Kobe, and disliked Shaq... I agree, though, that any scenario that would bring an SU kid over here would be fantastic. I was previously in NYC, and couldn't contain myself when Melo came over. All those televised games...

What was the Waiters rumor?

Not sure if it's the same one, but it was floating around for a little that the Cavs intended to trade Waiters this offseason, potentially in a package for LaMarcus Aldridge.

And also that Mike Brown didn't like Waiters, but that has since subsided.

it wasn't even a rumor as much as idle speculation by a couple of LA radio guys . . . everyone in Lakerland is looking for some way to turn Gasol's huge contract into a younger and more athletic roster. The same chatter that Melancer noted was brought up, so they proposed a Gasol for Varejao and Waiters trade; the argument being that the Cavs get a very good big on an expiring deal while ridding themselves of the iffy health of AV

Let me be the first to start the rumor Waiters to NY for Iman Shumpter and the Knicks 2015 1st rd pick. Knicks get a young scorer and the cavs get a great young defender!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom