Super Bowl LV Thread... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LV Thread...

This will be Brady’s largest margin of victory in the SB.
Airman’s three were won by more points than Brady’s 7. But 7 is exponential better than 3.

I'm sure I will be wrong (which is why I don't gamble), but everyone seems to be saying it will be close, so I think it will be a 3 score game. No idea who's going to win.
Maybe I should start gambling.

Then again, blind squirrel...

Listen Mahomes is great, but I don’t why everyone thinks it’s a given he will be back many more times. Other greats have struggled to win just 1.
Yeah people are way too loose with so and so will go to multiple. It's disrespect for how hard the game is imo. People don't understand how hard it is to get a 1st down let alone get to the dance.

I feel like that was the first SB in a while that sucked.
I enjoyed it thoroughly. Almost wish Tampa was still my favorite team so I could enjoy it more but I love watching a defense shut down an all time great offense.

Yeah people are way too loose with so and so will go to multiple. It's disrespect for how hard the game is imo. People don't understand how hard it is to get a 1st down let alone get to the dance.

It's clear just how much KCs OL was taken for granted when looking at Mahomes' success. Tonight being down to backups it was a disaster.

Quarterbacks who have won championships with multiple teams:

Norm Van Brocklin: Rams 1951 and Eagles 1960 (both NFL)

Tobin Rote: Lions 1957 (NFL) and Chargers 1963 (AFL)

Peyton Manning: Colts 2006 and Broncos 2015 (both NFL)

Tom Brady: Patriots 2001, 203, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018 and Buccaneers 2020

You decide: Earl Morrall was the back-up quarterback who took over for Johnny Unitas in the 1968 pre-season and quarterback the Colts to an NFL championship and a 15-1 record, actually winning NFL MVP. Then the lost the Super Bowl, which was not yet the NFL championship game to Joe Namath's Jets. Don Shula took Earl with him to Miami where he was the back-up who took over when Bob Griese was injured and led the 1972 Dolphins to a perfect 14-0 regular season and started the playoff games against the Browns and Steelers. Griese was back full-time for the Super Bowl and led the team to the championship and the 17-0 record. Earl's record as a starter in those two years was 26-2.

Do we add Earl Morrall to the list?

Tampa's d deserves a lot of credit but it feels like Mahomes was let down by his coaches. Awful play calling by them. Seems like they made no adjustments to compensate for the missing tackles.

Not many play calls are gonna work when the D gets pressure with 4-5 every snap. Chiefs line blew chunks.

It’s Babe Ruth, Bill Russell, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady.
I assume you’re just talking about in terms of winning, not that Russell is actually above Jordan in terms of all time great players which is how I read the original question?

2nd QB to win a SB with 2 teams as the starting QB.
1st QB to win a SB starting for an AFC and NFC team.

The only person who even sniffs Brady in my lifetime is LeBron and that’s not particularly close

I assume you’re just talking about in terms of winning, not that Russell is actually above Jordan in terms of all time great players which is how I read the original question?
As a winner it was Russell . Jordan is better than Russell as a player.
Brady passed Jordan as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom