Super Bowl LVI Thread... | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVI Thread...

My first take on the game was that the Bengals were damn lucky to be there at all. They had one of the softest schedules in the league and still were only 10-7. Burrows didn't see a really good pass defense until the playoffs.

My first take on the game was that the Bengals were damn lucky to be there at all. They had one of the softest schedules in the league and still were only 10-7. Burrows didn't see a really good pass defense until the playoffs.
That may be true but in the Super Bowl, they lost because their coach didn't put the ball in their best players hands and the Rams guy did. All they hype about the Rams big names, the only massive advantage was the Rams had Donald and a better (not good but good enough) Oline.

4th and 1 Rams get it to their best player. Short yardage all year Taylor tried to show how smart he was rather than get his best players involved.
Bengals had better DE's, LB's Secondary, RB's and WR's (especially with OBJ out). McVay is overhyped but he was less awful than Taylor.

Last edited:
The Bengals were 6-0 against Baltimore, KC and Pittsburgh. They lost their last game because they didn’t try.

Salty Buffalo fans need to remember they could have had homefield if they just beat Urban Meyer. The officiating didn’t hurt them that day.

The Bengals were 6-0 against Baltimore, KC and Pittsburgh. They lost their last game because they didn’t try.

Salty Buffalo fans need to remember they could have had homefield if they just beat Urban Meyer. The officiating didn’t hurt them that day.

Not having Tre White for the playoffs was the bigger loss for the Bills IMO

Not having Tre White for the playoffs was the bigger loss for the Bills IMO
I wanted to see the Bills win before the playoffs, but the discussion by the fans on Twitter has become obnoxious about them being the best team and saying they would have won out if they beat KC. There’s two sides of the ball. Stop someone.

Last edited:
Two sides of the ball...yes. The Bengals averaged a sizzling 23 PPG in the post-season. With Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and GOAT Burrow. Can't all be coaching.

I wanted to see the Bills win before the playoffs, but the discussion by the fans on Twitter has become obnoxious about them being the best team and saying they would have won out if they beat KC. There’s two sides of the Ball. Stop someone.
I don’t even hate the Bills but their Twitter fan base is ridiculous with this mythical Super Bowl title.

The best team doesn’t always win the Super Bowl. Bills Twitter needs to calm down.

Seems like a lot of people here pay much attention to Bills fans on Twitter. Maybe block all Bills-related content?

Isn't it kind of natural for a team's fans to play the "what if" game?

What if the tOSU/SU Elite 8 game in '12 game had played out differently (remember, don't complain about officiating...)

What if Triche hadn't fouled of the SU/UM FF game in '13 (again, tough calls CANNOT be criticized)?

What if AO hadn't been injured in the BET in '10? I guess that everyone here who stated that SU would have won the natty is an idiot, right?

What if AO hadn't been injured in the BET in '10? I guess that everyone here who stated that SU would have won the natty is an idiot, right?
The officials didn't screw Buffalo in KC. And I and the rest of Saints fans were told on here and on twitter to suck it up in 2019 when the Rams blatantly tackled a Saints receiver that the officials ignored. All the Bills had to do was beat Jacksonville and the KC game is home.

The officials didn't screw Buffalo in KC. And I and the rest of Saints fans were told on here and on twitter to suck it up in 2019 when the Rams blatantly tackled a Saints receiver that the officials ignored. All the Bills had to do was beat Jacksonville and the KC game is home.
Who said that the Bills were screwed by the refs in the KC game? I'd appreciate a few concrete examples. Frazier blew that game.

Whoever said "too bad, so sad" to Saints fans after the Nickell Robey-Coleman DPI/personal foul is an idiot. Why have rules, if they are not (or selectively) enforced?

Who said that the Bills were screwed by the refs in the KC game? I'd appreciate a few concrete examples. Frazier blew that game.

Whoever said "too bad, so sad" to Saints fans after the Nickell Robey-Coleman DPI/personal foul is an idiot. Why have rules, if they are not (or selectively) enforced?
I agree with you that the officiating is absolutely awful across the league, but I don't think they are playing favorites. I just think they are that incompetent. Nothing is ever going to change though because we keep sucking up the product. The officials need to be paid more and be full time, but I don't see that happening.

And I only brought that up because I was told that on this board by some of your fellow Bills fans.

I wanted to see the Bills win before the playoffs, but the discussion by the fans on Twitter has become obnoxious about them being the best team and saying they would have won out if they beat KC. There’s two sides of the Ball. Stop someone.

Twitter is awful and I try to ignore the bad takes there, but there's definitely Bills fans that are being salty haven't accepted the end of the season.

I call out incompetence. You apparently defend it.

What did you think about the officiating last night?

I don’t know or care who you root for, as I guess I don’t pay attention to your posts.
It's hard to distinguish posts of yours that are legitimate criticism of teams, players, coaches, officials etc. You hate on pretty much all of them.

Two sides of the ball...yes. The Bengals averaged a sizzling 23 PPG in the post-season. With Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and GOAT Burrow. Can't all be coaching.
The Bengal defense stifled KC. The Bills? Not so much.

Yup. Bengals went into KC and beat the Chiefs. And then put up a heck of a fight in the SB.

The Rams were loaded. Every bit as talented as anyone else.

Basically all of these games between all of the top teams in the playoffs were close.

I think, if they had gotten there the Bills most likely would’ve played close games with the Bengals and Rams, and those games could’ve gone either way.

Last edited:
Not here nor there but I think SU would have had a better chance of winning a NC if Fab Melo were playing in 2012. AO was a good player but that 2012 team was loaded.

I wanted to see the Bills win before the playoffs, but the discussion by the fans on Twitter has become obnoxious about them being the best team and saying they would have won out if they beat KC. There’s two sides of the ball. Stop someone.
So, they would have won if they hadn’t lost. Interesting take

Because I live in Baltimore I follow the AFC North more than anything. The Steelers and the Ravens were so beat up most of the season that the Salvation Army could beat them. The Browns play was inexplicable. The Bengals had close to the weakest schedule in the NFL and managed to lose to the Jets.

That may be true but in the Super Bowl, they lost because their coach didn't put the ball in their best players hands and the Rams guy did. All they hype about the Rams big names, the only massive advantage was the Rams had Donald and a better (not good but good enough) Oline.

4th and 1 Rams get it to their best player. Short yardage all year Taylor tried to show how smart he was rather than get his best players involved.
Bengals had better DE's, LB's Secondary, RB's and WR's (especially with OBJ out). McVay is overhyped but he was less awful than Taylor.
The Rams were missing Woods there second best receiver, TE Higbee their third best receiver, Odell their 4th best receiver and the backup TE. They also lost both starting Safety's and had to call a guy up that had been retired for two years the week before the playoffs to start. Rams won the Super Bowl despite this. McVay is still in his 30’s and brought the dumpster fire Rams to the super bowl twice already. He is under hyped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom