Super Bowl LVI Thread... | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVI Thread...

I just don't understand why teams line up in the gun on 4th and a foot and a half. It reminds me of those Family Circus cartoons where the kid just needs to walk in a straight line from Point A to Point B (i.e. a QB sneak), but instead makes it unnecessarily complicated.

05d492562493190091f3c559951dd269--keane-bus-stop.jpg

I just don't understand why teams line up in the gun on 4th and a foot and a half. It reminds me of those Family Circus cartoons where the kid just needs to walk in a straight line from Point A to Point B (i.e. a QB sneak), but instead makes it unnecessarily complicated.

Dino says it's what the center and quarterback are used to so it's safer than an exchange under center.

It gives the defense the possibility that you might throw it.

NFL got bailed out by the Rams winning .. had the bengals won close, that horrific missed offensive PI is all people would be talking about
Ironically they got bailed out because the officials bailed out the Rams on the last drive.

Or now about you have the NUMBER 3 rusher yards wise in the league and you don’t give him 1 chance to get a yard.

everyone is just trying to be too smart

Last edited:
I remember thinking, "I wonder where Todd Gurley is watching this."

Here's (what I think to be) the story surrounding The Rock's appearance yesterday. I'm sure you saw all the ads for Peacock, including the Wrestlemania ad, which was actually an NBC/Peacock ad.

Dave Meltzer, or maybe Andrew Zarian, said that NBC has given Peacock another $3 billion (!) to develop their own programs. There probably isn't a cheaper content-provider out there than WWE. As you know, the WWE Network was purchased by Peacock.

In addition to that, the 2023 Wrestlemania is set at the site of yesterday's Super Bowl, and The Rock is penciled in for that show, schedule permitting.

In other words, the Rock's appearance was an infomercial for Peacock, with WWE getting some of the rub--although that was far from one of the Rock's stronger performances.

Here's (what I think to be) the story surrounding The Rock's appearance yesterday. I'm sure you saw all the ads for Peacock, including the Wrestlemania ad, which was actually an NBC/Peacock ad.

Dave Meltzer, or maybe Andrew Zarian, said that NBC has given Peacock another $3 billion (!) to develop their own programs. There probably isn't a cheaper content-provider out there than WWE. As you know, the WWE Network was purchased by Peacock.

In addition to that, the 2023 Wrestlemania is set at the site of yesterday's Super Bowl, and The Rock is penciled in for that show, schedule permitting.

In other words, the Rock's appearance was an infomercial for Peacock, with WWE getting some of the rub--although that was far from one of the Rock's stronger performances.

His posturing, glaring and growling was funny at first, then quickly descended to pathetic. And none of it had anything to do with football.

His posturing, glaring and growling was funny at first, then quickly descended to pathetic. And none of it had anything to do with football.
Was he trying to do the robot at the beginning?

Not a Bengals fan. You have a pic of a crying Buffalo? One that moans about officiating all day long.
I call out incompetence. You apparently defend it.

What did you think about the officiating last night?

I don’t know or care who you root for, as I guess I don’t pay attention to your posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom