Sure | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games has Syracuse got with that kind of home cooking? None. Just like the FSU football game, FSU gets a bowl, Syracuse can go kick rocks. If you didn't have blind contempt for Boeheim, you would be able to see it.
If you bothered to have facts you would see Florida State football went 5-7 last year. They didn’t go to a bowl game.
But you can’t be asked to do that.

Syracuse got a very friendly whistle this laat game against Florida State on Saturday.
The basketball refs aren’t even ACC refs. They do Big East, Big Ten, A-10 games as well. The ideas you express just to do trolling which is sad. It’s sad also i can’t ignore it because you get the attention you seek.

If you bothered to have facts you would see Florida State football went 5-7 last year. They didn’t go to a bowl game.
But you can’t be asked to do that.

Syracuse got a very friendly whistle this laat game against Florida State on Saturday.
The basketball refs aren’t even ACC refs. They do Big East, Big Ten, A-10 games as well. The ideas you express just to do trolling which is sad. It’s sad also i can’t ignore it because you get the attention you seek.
So you feel the officiating was fair in the Wake game? OK.

Someone should show JB that benches can develop throughout a season, if given opportunities. Mark Few only plays 8 scholarships guys. Even Jay Wright has been starting to play 7 guys double digit minutes.

Someone should show JB that benches can develop throughout a season, if given opportunities. Mark Few only plays 8 scholarships guys. Even Jay Wright has been starting to play 7 guys double digit minutes.

If we were scoring 115ppg like Gonzaga is I’m sure JB would play the bench more. Not to mention those are 3 elite recruits I’m pretty sure

I'm surprised this faceplant of an SU basketball season is not receiving wider attention. JB is a HOFer. Syracuse hoops has been a big-time program for decades. Yet the team's record under JB has never been this bad at 17 games. You have the story of an aging legend, failing to win while coaching his two sons, as SU's always impressive fan turnout wanes, and said legend frequently lashes out with caustic comments. This is the kind of juicy trainwreck national sportswriters and pundits love to delve into, typically. Maybe they are holding their fire in case JB stages another late-season turnaround.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing our coach scrutinized under a hot spotlight with the sports world looking, instead of lying shrouded in the shade of irrelevance. Someone needs to hold him accountable for a program that is slowly but surely crumbling. The local media won't do it and I'm not sure yet if Wildhack can do it. If the circle of critics gets broader and louder, either Coach learns to adapt (hopefully but unlikely) or it starts touching off footlights toward a sad exit.

I'm surprised this faceplant of an SU basketball season is not receiving wider attention. JB is a HOFer. Syracuse hoops has been a big-time program for decades. Yet the team's record under JB has never been this bad at 17 games. You have the story of an aging legend, failing to win while coaching his two sons, as SU's always impressive fan turnout wanes, and said legend frequently lashes out with caustic comments. This is the kind of juicy trainwreck national sportswriters and pundits love to delve into, typically. Maybe they are holding their fire in case JB stages another late-season turnaround.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing our coach scrutinized under a hot spotlight with the sports world looking, instead of lying shrouded in the shade of irrelevance. Someone needs to hold him accountable for a program that is slowly but surely crumbling. The local media won't do it and I'm not sure yet if Wildhack can do it. If the circle of critics gets broader and louder, either Coach learns to adapt (hopefully but unlikely) or it starts touching off footlights toward a sad exit.
The problem is nobody outside of Syracuse or alumni care. We lose recruits to UConn and other schools that are lesser known nationally.

The other problem is that it’s been a gradual decline for the last 7 years or so. If we had gone from consistent 25 win seasons and top 4 seed in the tournament straight to what’s happening this season, I guarantee there’d be more of a national story on this. But because of our recent history and being the trendy bubble team these last few years, the shock just isn’t there on a national level. We’ve been trending in this direction since 2015.

If we were scoring 115ppg like Gonzaga is I’m sure JB would play the bench more. Not to mention those are 3 elite recruits I’m pretty sure
Great point. JB has shown a willingness to play the bench in the past - when the talent is there. This comes down to nothing more than recruiting misses and roster management.

Recruiting is the backbone of any program development & leap - like you see with the Zags now.

Great point. JB has shown a willingness to play the bench in the past - when the talent is there. This comes down to nothing more than recruiting misses and roster management.

Recruiting is the backbone of any program development & leap - like you see with the Zags now.
Why did we go 3 recruiting cycles without recruiting a. SG then?
Unless you count Joe Girard as a SG but he is playing PG.

Change the 2003 banner to…
Travel Try GIF

There was a short spotlight on college game day to start the show last Saturday speaking to Syracuse’s and the ACC’s struggles. As for the losing record, two other hall of famers in the ACC had losing seasons in the last 3 years, both with far better recruits than syracuse.

There was a short spotlight on college game day to start the show last Saturday. As for the losing record, two other hall of famers in the ACC had losing seasons in the last 3 years, both with far better recruits than syracuse.
I'm guessing you are talking about Roy Williams with a losing record who subsequently is no longer the coach at UNC, not sure the other coach since duke finished 13-11. But in either case those programs have been strong in the last decade, we have not. We are barely a bubble team every year and keep whiffing on the recruiting trail. When we do land solid recruits they are either run out or are “not ready”. I wish we recruited like those schools so we wouldn’t have to be a bubble team at best and is also why those teams are set up for long term success. Right now we are not.

I'm guessing you are talking about Roy Williams with a losing record who subsequently is no longer the coach at UNC, not sure the other coach since duke finished 13-11. But in either case those programs have been strong in the last decade, we have not. We are barely a bubble team every year and keep whiffing on the recruiting trail. When we do land solid recruits they are either run out or are “not ready”. I wish we recruited like those schools so we wouldn’t have to be a bubble team at best and is also why those teams are set up for long term success. Right now we are not.
If it’s Duke...he’s leaving too...so if the takeaway of the post was that JB should be stepping away soon. Yep, I agree.

Roy Williams, who promptly retired 1 year later

and?
Apologies, duke didn’t have a losing season, they were .500 by the end of the year. And yes, Roy Williams retired, JB probably will after next year also so why would espn waste their time on this story about a 78 year old man?

There was a short spotlight on college game day to start the show last Saturday speaking to Syracuse’s and the ACC’s struggles. As for the losing record, two other hall of famers in the ACC had losing seasons in the last 3 years, both with far better recruits than syracuse.
The win streak is such fools gold. It doesn't translate to how long we've floundered in mediocrity or how cupcakes have kept us off the sub .500 line and how many times we've flirted with it. Other coaches and programs have had losing seasons and won more ships, I'd gladly trade the streak for another ship or getting back to regularly being in the top 25

Agree to disagree on “running these guys out” even Kadary saw significant time by the end of his freshman year, he didn’t like sharing time with JG. That’s his own decision.

The win streak is such fools gold. It doesn't translate to how long we've floundered in mediocrity or how cupcakes have kept us off the sub .500 line and how many times we've flirted with it. Other coaches and programs have had losing seasons and won more ships, I'd gladly trade the streak for another ship or getting back to regularly being in the top 25
But they didn’t have that streak, and syracuse does. You can qualify the results all you want, difference is one team has it and all the other blue bloods don’t. Keep being mad about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom