Syracuse Football Third Annual Lift for Life 7/20/16 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Third Annual Lift for Life 7/20/16

Former Syracuse All-American and rare disease patient, Rob Long, joins Uplifting Athletes team

rob-long3.jpg
Uplifting Athletes is pleased to welcome Rob Long to our team as the Director of Strategic Development.

Rob is a former All-American punter at Syracuse University, but more importantly he was a rare disease patient. In December of 2010, Rob was diagnosed with anaplastic astrocytoma, a rare and aggressive form of brain cancer, during his senior season.

His battle with a rare disease inspired Rob’s teammates at Syracuse to start an Uplifting Athletes Chapter. And he’s continued to use his platform as a rare disease patient to raise awareness and funds in his spare time.

“It is truly a blessing to love what I do. This opportunity allows me to combine my passions of sports and fundraising to help a cause so near and dear to my heart,” Long said. “At Uplifting Athletes we raise money and awareness that supports rare disease research and patient focused programs.

“As a rare disease survivor I now have the opportunity to help others as so many have helped me.”

At Uplifting Athletes, Rob will be responsible for overseeing our nationwide network of 25 college football student-athlete led Chapters, harvesting major donor gifts and devising and executing growth opportunities for the national non-profit organization.

“We are excited and fortunate to have Rob join the Uplifting Athletes team,” Uplifting Athletes Founder and Executive Director Scott Shirley said. “Rob was an inspiration for Syracuse starting a chapter and it’s been fun to watch Syracuse grow into one of our bigger chapters. His unique perspective as a rare disease patient will serve Uplifting Athletes well today and into the future.”

Rob is a graduate of Syracuse University where he pursued a Masters in New Media Management from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. He also received a B.S. from the Martin J. Whitman School of Management. He played football all four years at Syracuse and was voted by his teammates as a team captain his final two years.

Prior to joining Uplifting Athletes, Rob spent 12 months as the Director of Sales for ProZone Lockers. A native of suburban Philadelphia, Rob graduated from Downingtown West High School and currently lives in South Philadelphia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom