Syracuse Men’s Soccer and More | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Men’s Soccer and More

BillSU

All American
Here we are. It’s Saturday evening, we just defeated Creighton in the first of two semi – final games last night and are playing for the Division 1 National Championship Monday night at 6 P.M. in Cary, N.C. and there is nothing on the main board of cuse.com about it.

I admit I am new to the cuse.com hierarchy. I don’t understand who runs it, where it comes from on campus, why there are no authors after the articles of football, basketball, promotions, etc.? Why? The content is great – who wrote this?

But, back again to soccer. Is it just a small “other sport”? Is it obviously because of its stature that it doesn’t get the coverage that football, and men’s and women’s basketball does? Tell me how that works.

It’s a Syracuse sport that could be the best of the best in the nation that doesn’t happen very often but maybe we are on the cusp of another sport like lacrosse where we are going to be great every year or something like that.

Who gives the OK to promote the sport, to give it the magic space it deserves especially in a world focused on soccer because of the world cup. Or, does it just get a day of honor and a photograph for a week if we win or lose to Indiana? And, how many years do we have to be national champions to get a page all our own. Aren’t we proud as heck to have gotten this far?

I’ll take a moment to go back to the authorships of the articles on cuse.com. I’m there often because I write expansive content for the Football Recruiting page and take each recruit who is offered, find out everything I can about the recruit then post it. But, I look at the writing of the major articles for football, and basketball and wonder who is responsible because it is really very good. It doesn’t even have typos in it like most major journalism has. It’s amazing to me a major article about a serious subject out in front of millions with typos. Drives me crazy.

I have gotten off the subject here so I digress. I’d really as an alum like to know the answers to some of my questions so I am going to post this and email Van Norris and see if I can get an answer. There has to be a reason why there is not name at the top or bottom of some of the best sports stories about a game I’ve read – or do you have to or prefer to remain anonymous?

Bill Phillips, swike7ct@comcast.net SU ’68 Industrial Design - I’m not shy. I designed the reflective packaging and logo for the York Peppermint Pattie way back when I was senior designer of a design consultant firm in Farmington, CT, and the logo for Browning Fire Arms, my fifteen minutes of fame, among others. I’m not trying to be amusing here, I’d really like to know how cuse.com works. It just seems the work has no owners - it just comes out of nowhere. Am I wrong? Is there a person(s) behind the curtain responsible for its content?

Last edited:
Here we are. It’s Saturday evening, we just defeated Creighton in the first of two semi – final games last night and are playing for the Division 1 National Championship Monday night at 6 P.M. in Cary, N.C. and there is nothing on the main board of cuse.com about it.

I admit I am new to the cuse.com hierarchy. I don’t understand who runs it, where it comes from on campus, why there are no authors after the articles of football, basketball, promotions, etc.? Why? The content is great – who wrote this?

But, back again to soccer. Is it just a small “other sport”? Is it obviously because of its stature that it doesn’t get the coverage that football, and men’s and women’s basketball does? Tell me how that works.

It’s a Syracuse sport that could be the best of the best in the nation that doesn’t happen very often but maybe we are on the cusp of another sport like lacrosse where we are going to be great every year or something like that.

Who gives the OK to promote the sport, to give it the magic space it deserves especially in a world focused on soccer because of the world cup. Or, does it just get a day of honor and a photograph for a week if we win or lose to Indiana? And, how many years do we have to be national champions to get a page all our own. Aren’t we proud as heck to have gotten this far?

I’ll take a moment to go back to the authorships of the articles on cuse.com. I’m there often because I write expansive content for the Football Recruiting page and take each recruit who is offered, find out everything I can about the recruit then post it. But, I look at the writing of the major articles for football, and basketball and wonder who is responsible because it is really very good. It doesn’t even have typos in it like most major journalism has. It’s amazing to me a major article about a serious subject out in front of millions with typos. Drives me crazy.

I have gotten off the subject here so I digress. I’d really as an alum like to know the answers to some of my questions so I am going to post this and email van Norris and see if I can get an answer. There has to be a reason why there is not name at the top or bottom of some of the best sports stories about a game I’ve read – or do you have to or prefer to remain anonymous?

Bill Phillips, swike7ct@comcast.net SU ’68 Industrial Design - I’m not shy. I designed the reflective packaging and logo for the York Peppermint Pattie way back when I was senior designer of a design consultant firm in Farmington, CT, and the logo for Browning Fire Arms, my fifteen minutes of fame, among others. I’m not trying to be amusing here, I’d really like to know how cuse.com works. It just seems the work has no owners - it just comes out of nowhere. Am I wrong? Is there a person(s) behind the curtain responsible for its content?
We had a 135 post thread yesterday for creighton

I have gotten off the subject here so I digress. I’d really as an alum like to know the answers to some of my questions so I am going to post this and email van Norris and see if I can get an answer. There has to be a reason why there is not name at the top or bottom of some of the best sports stories about a game I’ve read – or do you have to or prefer to remain anonymous?

Keep contributing. BTW, I've always like the Browning logo. Great job if this is the one.

1670729403758.png

Keep contributing. BTW, I've always like the Browning logo. Great job if this is the one.

View attachment 223009
Thank you. That's it. The company that owns Browning is based in Belgium. They flew me over to discuss the project. Then I flew back to CT and then to Utah where the guns are made, then back to CT where I spent the time developing/creating the mark. If you look closely you can see the doe in the negative space of the bucks head. It's been very successful.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom