Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse under NCAA investigation: Football program part of wide-ranging inquiry, sources say

I don't really care for college basketball but I put most of blame on hoops program for having the NCAA sniff for 2 years and then they pull some gerg Robinson violations out. Thanks Jim b your a legend

I say this with all my heart when I think of the things that have been going on at the football factories. The NCAA CAN TAKE A FLYING F_____ AT THE MOON. there that felt good.

Hiring GRob was an improper benefit to everyone we played from 05 to 08, inclusive. Can we get those teams placed on probation?
"You took the purest thing in your life and you corrupted it for what?! FOR WHAT?!"

Syracuse-Football-Coach-Greg-Robinson.jpg

A year or two ago ole miss had NCAA violations supposedly against them any idea what came of that? And what was origins ultimate penalty for the recurring hiring service? Those r more severe

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is now the dog being wagged by the tail. Their track record has been laughable. Big $ programs run akin to a sports franchise without a fleeting moment of fear or repercussions from the NCAA. Meanwhile, small schools without the cache or cash find themselves in the worst positions.

This situation has been known about for awhile. The football team is clear. Does anybody have an inkling as to what the basketball team may face?

Someone on the football board should reach out to iluvmygrands for comment

I nominate your friendly neighborhood Kaiser.

I think they're still pen pals.

I'm glad they're being thorough and reaching that far back. Punishment shouldn't be evaded just because the people on campus now aren't the ones breaking the rules.

:whistles to self while thinking about how the NCAA reduced Penn State's punishment since they reasoned nobody there now had anything to do with the covered up problems thehad:

They got off for "good behavior." I don't even know what that means. They completely stopped covering up heinous crimes and ignoring the pleas of the defenseless. <slow clap>

is there any statute on these things? when you watch some of the ESPN stuff people admit to stuff that was against the rules 10-20-30 years ago and nothing ever comes of it.

Technically it's 4 years, but there are exceptions to that:

“NCAA 32.6.3 Statute of Limitations: Allegations included in a notice of allegations shall be limited to possible violations occurring not earlier than four years before the date the notice of inquiry is forwarded to the institution or the date the institution notifies (or, if earlier, should have notified) the enforcement staff of its inquiries into the matter. However, the following shall not be subject to the four-year limitation:
(a) Allegations involving violations affecting the eligibility of a current student-athlete;
(b) Allegations in a case in which information is developed to indicate a pattern of willful violations on the part of the institution or individual involved, which began before but continued into the four-year period; and
(c) Allegations that indicate a blatant disregard for the Association’s fundamental recruiting, extra-benefit, academic or ethical-conduct regulations or that involve an effort to conceal the occurrence of the violation. In such cases, the enforcement staff shall have a one-year period after the date information concerning the matter becomes available to the NCAA to investigate and submit to the institution a notice of allegations concerning the matter.”

The Power 5 isn't going to lose any money from the NCAA punishing their teams anymore. Penn St had their ban lifted when the NCAA realized their would be autonomy for the power 5. The AD's in the ACC aren't going to be the first ones to lose NCAA tournament money because Syracuse is on probation, so we say we're sorry, and Swofford says they won't do it again.