Syracuse vs UConn extended highlights finally available | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs UConn extended highlights finally available

So many great plays, but 2nd and 23 really stands out to me. Against NC State in 2018 we had a couple 3rd and very long (16 I definitely remember) where I had no doubt we would get the first down. Having a 1st down on 2 and 23 is such a nice luxury and has to be so demoralizing for the other team. The ease with which it was done had to be such a nut punch to UConn and their fans, on top everything else.

So many great plays, but 2nd and 23 really stands out to me. Against NC State in 2018 we had a couple 3rd and very long (16 I definitely remember) where I had no doubt we would get the first down. Having a 1st down on 2 and 23 is such a nice luxury and has to be so demoralizing for the other team. The ease with which it was done had to be such a nut punch to UConn and their fans, on top everything else.
Yeah, last season I felt like one of the big weaknesses of the WR group was they didn't make a ton of plays to help the QBs out.

That catch by Jones is what I'm talking about. It's not like it was a bad ball from Shrader or anything, but it was a play where he needed his guy to go get it.

He got it.

I watched several "extended highlights of games over the last few days" but this is the only one I couldn't make it all the way through. Can't get past the horrible announcing. Did the PBP announcer mention yards gained or yard line once during the broadcast. If you were listening to this on a radio, you would have no idea where the teams were at.

I watched several "extended highlights of games over the last few days" but this is the only one I couldn't make it all the way through. Can't get past the horrible announcing. Did the PBP announcer mention yards gained or yard line once during the broadcast. If you were listening to this on a radio, you would have no idea where the teams were at.
I watched it in 2x time, the announcers are fine that way.

Looks like Wax got away with one on his sack/caused fumble. Can't take the helmet off to celebrate anymore right?

I believe he wasn't in the field of play when he took it off.

I'll be damned. Joe Cruz IS the back up LT.
He may be second on the depth chart at LT and coming in there when they bring in the entire second unit but I think an educated guess would be Enrique would be first Tackle in off the bench if an injury occurs. I would think Enrique is at second string RT because that is the spot he is more likely to come in at if so. Bergeron is playing LT no matter what kind of shuffling happens.

Yeah, last season I felt like one of the big weaknesses of the WR group was they didn't make a ton of plays to help the QBs out.

That catch by Jones is what I'm talking about. It's not like it was a bad ball from Shrader or anything, but it was a play where he needed his guy to go get it.

He got it.
That Jones catch reminded me of Amba Etta-Tawo, nice high point. And if I recall AET had a monster game in UCONN as well back in the day.

On UConn's first TD run.. looking at the replay... was McDonald's point of attack the issue or was it just SU not getting off blocks? Or just a bad call by White? Someone with smarter football acumen might know.

On UConn's first TD run.. looking at the replay... was McDonald's point of attack the issue or was it just SU not getting off blocks? Or just a bad call by White? Someone with smarter football acumen might know.

3 things happened. Play call had Barron coming from field side, Mikel went soft on run fit, and the CB (couldn't catch number) got caught in the wash down field.

Was a good play call based on success earlier in the drive but also appears we had a "few take the play off".

Fine margins but sometimes just have to tip your cap. If it wasn't 17-0, I don't think we see same level (or lack) of effort on that

Villari caught the one pass but man he's huge. Hope he's willing to play TE.
My bold prediction is that Villari settles in to his position and by season's end he has about ten catches and has thrown 3 or more passes for completions.

I think things will get weird with him in an awesome way.

I am not sure that it matters where he took the helmet off because he was outside the limits of the SU sidelines that ends down around the 20.. if he runs thru the endzone and takes it off to celebrate he is gonna get hit up and thats not on the field either.. He probably should have gotten a celebration penalty but with so many people down there the refs probably stopped caring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom