Take this FWIW but Jerry Palm still has us in... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Take this FWIW but Jerry Palm still has us in...

You don’t decline the NIT.
Just have Sidibe get surgery.
Play walkons and don’t kill the starters.
The team will lose.
It would be cool if they put Washington as the 2 seed and Hop came East.

Do your thing. We seem to be all about the NIT lately so extra home games for you.
I will do my thing and it's not about the extra home games. If they win here I will watch the remaining games on TV.
You are also welcome to do your thing.

Honestly, I'll not only watch it, I'll go to the games that are played in the Dome.
It's called support for the players and these guys earned that support. Certainly not a great team but they worked their butts of with what they had to work with.

I’ve posted it on here before and so have others, but the Butler NIT game in 2002 was one of the more fun crowds I’ve experienced at the Dome. Place was rocking with like 6,000 people there. No riff raff or band wagoners, none of the stupid ads and promotions, just the diehards supporting the team in an exciting basketball game.

And I wasn’t there but that game when we got 27,000 for San Diego St. after we got screwed out of making the NCAA’s was also a memorable game to watch.

We dont get the money anyway? Dont we just get cost money and the rest goes to the ncaa

I hate the nit as much as anyone but if any su team could use extra games its these guys.
That would be great for Howard Washington, if he wasn't injured, and also Sidibe, Dolezaj and Moyer. Plus it gives this team an opportunity for four more wins. It's not the NCAA, but why would people think Cuse would pass it up. Doesn't make sense. Hopefully if it ends up being a nice run in the NIT, then it would carry over for next season.

I think those two are just trolling eachother w their last 4 in/out
I don't think either one cares about the other. Didn't lunardi actually say he has given Up trying to figure out syracuse.

Jerry still has us in as the 2nd of the last 4 in this morning. He has MTSU, Alabama and Arizona State in the first 4 out. I agree about MTSU but I have a feeling that Alabama and Arizona State will still make it. I hate having to cheer for Bruce Pearl and Auburn today vs Bama but gotta do what you gotta do.

NCAA Tournament Bracket Predictions - Bracketology - College Basketball

Lunardi moved us back into First Four out. He had us Next Four out yesterday, I believe.

If we end in the NIT we will probably have a home game against Washington - welcome back Hop!

I doubt they will have a team from the West Coast come all the way to the East Coast for NIT game. If they meet it would be FF at MSG.

and Washington is going to be a high seed, so we wouldn't face them until then.

I doubt they will have a team from the West Coast come all the way to the East Coast for NIT game. If they meet it would be FF at MSG.
NCAA owns the NIT.
Hop at SU would sell a few more thousand tickets and make them money.
That would offset the cost of flying 25 people if that cross country.

NCAA owns the NIT.
Hop at SU would sell a few more thousand tickets and make them money.
That would offset the cost of flying 25 people if that cross country.

It has to be fair though. Washington is a top 2-3 seed.

Just put SU as the 1 and Washington as the 2.
That is legit.
If they gave no P5 to SU in the 4-5 they are basically setting it up.

Yep, and we’d probably be a 1. We’d meet them game 3 in the dome or at MSG.

The NIT has geographic regions.
If the NCAA can make money they will do whatever they want.
Washington at Syracuse in the final 8 would draw them money at Syracuse.
Fans would want to thank Hop.

If the NCAA can make money they will do whatever they want.
Washington at Syracuse in the final 8 would draw them money at Syracuse.
Fans would want to thank Hop.
Bigger crowd at the dome for that game than at MSG. Mo money, mo money.

He's an ass clown and a copy cat. He steals his from people who are 10x better than he is, when he realizes how wrong he is.
I'm still trying to keep a small amount of hope we sneak in as the last team in the big dance. I'm not too optimistic, however.

I'm still trying to keep a small amount of hope we sneak in as the last team in the big dance. I'm not too optimistic, however.

I'm not optimistic either, but I keep coming back to "why does Palm - as well as a few other bracketologists -- have SU in the field of 68?" Every year there seems to be one or two teams who most people have as "out" who somehow made it in. I hope SU can be one of those teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom