Take this FWIW but Jerry Palm still has us in... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Take this FWIW but Jerry Palm still has us in...

pretty sure joey brackets had us out in 2016 and in last year. so going by his track record we're in great shape.

Some bubble teams and their current odds on 5 dimes...

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
St. Mary's -265 to get in
Syracuse -585 to miss

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
Syracuse -585 to miss

Yikes

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
Syracuse -585 to miss

So those are good odds for us right? edit: wow guess vegas thinks we weren't close

ASU -245 to miss
Louisville -280 to miss
MTSU -410 to miss
Notre Dame -310 to miss
Oklahoma -420 to get in
Ok State -420 to miss
Syracuse -585 to miss
So Vegas thinks that Oklahoma and St. Mary's is in.

Based on those odds Vegas doesn't think we're close

Did Dakich or LaPhonso say anything? I’m at a bar sans sound and saw a segue of Chukwu dunking (!) and Deng Adel heading into a commercial for more bubble talk a few mins ago.

So those a good odds for us right?
No, we're -585 to MISS.

Which means someone would have to pay $585 to win $100 if they bet on us not making it, that essentially means Vegas doesn't think we're gonna make it. Oklahoma is -420 to GET IN, which means someone would have to lay $420 to win $100 if they get in - since Vegas sees Oklahoma as likely to get in, they have a small payout

seems weird to have a bet like that, who would take that bet... if folks were so sure, they'd lose a ton of money...

seems weird to have a bet like that, who would take that bet... if folks were so sure, they'd lose a ton of money...
I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

I would think vegas would want to make money off this, but if they are so confident in those odds, who would bet money on syracuse to get in?

My guess is that Syracuse will not ever have this high of an OC SOS again if they do not make it. This random, "you need to do this to make it this year" that the NCAA does is shite. Lay out what needs to be done, have a blueprint, and be done with it.

I would think vegas would want to make money off this, but if they are so confident in those odds, who would bet money on syracuse to get in?

It's a niche market for sure for this stuff. If no one bets it, it's no skin off Vegas' back. They are confident enough in Syracuse not getting in, that they will make you pay ALOT to win a little. There is also the small possibility that we do get in, which means Vegas will make money because they don't appear to be offering a "Syracuse gets in" line

We did everything the committee said they were looking for and our portfolio was better than comparable peers. So if we are not in, I don't know what to say
I think our resume was slightly better than most teams we're being compared to, but it's completely subjective.

We lost to GaTech, Wake and BC - we blew those ND/SBU games - we had 6 chances to beat top 6 RPI teams and lost all 6. TBH, if we win just 1 of the previous 13 games I mentioned, we'd probably get in.

We did everything the committee said they were looking for and our portfolio was better than comparable peers. So if we are not in, I don't know what to say
I do screw the committee we fit the selection criteria to a t if we don't get in I'm done with this carp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom