Taurean Thompson | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

That is what I thought all along about MSU. Regarding SH it seems they would have to make schollie moves to get TT...which I am not sure they would be able/willing to do. So that leaves only SU...why commit and sign a LOI now when you don't have to, just enroll on time and get going then...he has already missed part of the summer, so no sense really in rushing to get to SU now, let alone anywhere...I think ultimately he will enroll with SU and at that time get a schollie...
Is it possible he still hasn't committed because there is some dark horse school he's still thinking about?

Is it possible he still hasn't committed because there is some dark horse school he's still thinking about?

I just checked Verbal Commits. There are a lot spots available on a lot of teams. The thing is many of the staffs are already concentrating on 2017-18 recruits so a lot of spots are already planned out. There's always NJIT, Monmouth, and Rutgirls.

I just checked Verbal Commits. There are a lot spots available on a lot of teams. The thing is many of the staffs are already concentrating on 2017-18 recruits so a lot of spots are already planned out. There's always NJIT, Monmouth, and Rutgirls.
Why insult NJIT and Monmouth by grouping them with Rutgers?

Thank you. So it's basically us or a Mid-Major since it looks like MSU isn't even being talked about by him, and SHU is over the scholarship limit now.

Anything is possible, but if that were the case then I would expect Francis03 or Jake would have posted something about that...I think they are just on their own time table now, since it is past the LOI day. I think our next hope is that something happens before July 5th as mentioned in a post above...

Interesting... TT doesn't mention MSU when interviewed and asked about schools recruiting him. It seems more and more like the MSU visit was out of curiosity and/or what the heck since TT had one official visit left in his pocket. 27 points and 13 rebounds - impressive.
I think mom was hoping it would be a compromise pick.

Sorry to take this thread off topic and talk about basketball, but if indeed Thompson is retaking a course and is not committing until it is completed, does anyone know how the NCAA Clearinghouse process works? Could there be a contingent clearance that would allow the student to move forward with summer classes and not jeopardize falling behind other freshmen? Besides the Diagne fiasco, wasn't it Roberson who was held up by this process and missed valuable time on the Canada trip? I would hate to see this end in a commitment, then have Thompson miss Summer Session II or, heaven forbid, the start of fall classes while waiting for the Clearinghouse process to complete.

Sorry to take this thread off topic and talk about basketball, but if indeed Thompson is retaking a course and is not committing until it is completed, does anyone know how the NCAA Clearinghouse process works? Could there be a contingent clearance that would allow the student to move forward with summer classes and not jeopardize falling behind other freshmen? Besides the Diagne fiasco, wasn't it Roberson who was held up by this process and missed valuable time on the Canada trip? I would hate to see this end in a commitment, then have Thompson miss Summer Session II or, heaven forbid, the start of fall classes while waiting for the Clearinghouse process to complete.
That wouldn't stop him from committing to a school, however.

That's what we do in this thread... mix a little basketball with the other "stuff". When we're really feeling crazy, we toss in a little TT.

You ask a good question. However, an academic issue doesn't really fit with what has been shared from (i.e. Francis) at least in my thinking.

That's what we do in this thread... mix a little basketball with the other "stuff". When we're really feeling crazy, we toss in a little TT.

You ask a good question. However, an academic issue doesn't really fit with what has been shared from (i.e. Francis) at least in my thinking.
ur probably right, at least as far as Brewster. but he's been at other schools. I'm not speculating .. just saying it's possible.

That wouldn't stop him from committing to a school, however.

Understood, but, if as Orangeman 13 suggests, he is delaying the announcement of a commitment pending retaking a single course is he stuck in a Catch 22 where a commitment would trigger a Clearinghouse review that he would not pass at this point but a non- commitment is delaying the start of a process that may delay the start of classes once the commitment is given?

Responding based on post 2710 in the thread:

upload_2016-6-24_14-11-30.png

The NBA Draft has come and gone and Taurean Thompson is still on the clock.

The 6-foot-10 power forward from Brewster (N.H.) Academy told me on June 2 he planned to decide right after visiting Michigan State. That was three weeks ago. His graduation at Brewster was a month ago.

"Of course it 's a little frustating because I want to commit, too," Thompson told me June 2. "It means I gotta go on another visit and then I'll commit right after."

Thompson is thought to be considering Syracuse and Seton Hall along with the Spartans.

All three schools begin summer league sessions July 5.

Thompson doesn't have social media and hasn't issued any comments since I spoke with him.

Asked then if he would just sign scholarship papers since the late signing period ended, he said: "I don't know how all that works, but I just know once I make my decision it's going to be in June. Right after the visit, I don't really have a [date]."

He added: "I want to commit. I want to start college now."

Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson Still on the Clock, Kostas Antetokounmpo to Dayton

So he wants to commit, yet its june 24 and he still hasn't, doesn't make any sense.

Izzo serious now says he's 99% sure MSU should know it's 2016-17 roster in next week or so.

Depends on the meaning of 'so'.

And depending on what MSU stands for. He could be referring to other clubs he knows something about such as Missouri State University, Mississippi State University or Montana State University.

I thought he had a 3.0 gpa, why would one class mean that much for him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom