Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now, most likely scenario, should he choose Cuse, is that he could play in next year's bowl game. To play before then would be the best case scenario, because he would have received a waiver from the NCAA alliwing him to not sit out a full year (good luck with that). If he's as good as advertised, it's possible he only play one full season for us before declaring for the draft, since it would be three years in college for him. He could play in the spring game, be a heck of a good talent on the sc- out team for the fall, and finally eligible for the bowl game (much like Dontrez Ford when he transferred to Pitt after he became homesick).
assuming he'd enroll for the spring semester, then you are correct. However, should be play in said bowl game, he'd throw another whole season of eligibility down the drain. Since he played a game at UCLA this year, this counts as a season of eligibility. Next season, as he sits out, would be a redshirt year. He'd then have 3 years to play 3 seasons going forward. If he played in a bowl game, he'd have 3 years to play 2 seasons. I acknowledge the NFL aspirations/possibilities, but I highly doubt Syracuse would be willing to toss a season of eligibility for a bowl game.

assuming he'd enroll for the spring semester, then you are correct. However, should be play in said bowl game, he'd throw another whole season of eligibility down the drain. Since he played a game at UCLA this year, this counts as a season of eligibility. Next season, as he sits out, would be a redshirt year. He'd then have 3 years to play 3 seasons going forward. If he played in a bowl game, he'd have 3 years to play 2 seasons. I acknowledge the NFL aspirations/possibilities, but I highly doubt Syracuse would be willing to toss a season of eligibility for a bowl game.
IDK. If he is as good as advertised (which would be evident by practice) and given his age - I would be pretty surprised to see him sit and then play 3 years here. He'd be pissing money away and would be roughly the same age as Blutarski.

IDK. If he is as good as advertised (which would be evident by practice) and given his age - I would be pretty surprised to see him sit and then play 3 years here. He'd be pissing money away and would be roughly the same age as Blutarski.
Seriously, if he played all three years, he'd be 24 (TWENTY-FREAKING-FOUR) by the time he got drafted.

Not a chance in hell that happens.

I don't necessarily disagree. But stuff happens - injuries, ineffectiveness, etc. The utility of burning an entire year of eligibility for one bowl game (and that game being the first live game action in nearly 2 years), based only on the assumption that everything will work out and he'll be a high draft pick, seems low. It seems more prudent to retain flexibility and options and maximize his potential contributions to the program, and if he blows up and leaves early, you congratulate him and move on. (and yes, this is allllllll ridiculously premature)

It appears we are a clear cut favorite here.
Have you heard rumblings, Jake, or just a gut feeling?

I ask because I have recently heard someone else saying the same, but without adding where the rumblings were coming from.

It appears we are a clear cut favorite here.

That is great news. Look, I know that this kid has a dented fender after the UNC / Michigan / UCLA stuff. But he sounds like a worthwhile gamble, and the type of gamble we need to be prepared to take a risk on.

It appears that our coaching staff did an outstanding job laying the groundwork when we recruited this kid out of high school. Even though we didn't make the cut then, those relationships seem to be what are carrying us now. Would love to land our first five-star recruit in forever. This offense would be really formidable with a TE with Clark's size / receiving prowess involved.

That is great news. Look, I know that this kid has a dented fender after the UNC / Michigan / UCLA stuff. But he sounds like a worthwhile gamble, and the type of gamble we need to be prepared to take a risk on.

It appears that our coaching staff did an outstanding job laying the groundwork when we recruited this kid out of high school. Even though we didn't make the cut then, those relationships seem to be what are carrying us now. Would love to land our first five-star recruit in forever. This offense would be really formidable with a TE with Clark's size / receiving prowess involved.
"Worthwhile gamble" is exactly right.

What do we have to lose here?

Answer: absolutely nothing.

If he's on the sidelines for the Pitt game, are there any other recruits/commits who could be there with him whispering in his ear?

I'm just curious...who cares what Pitt fans are tweeting at him?

There's no offense intended here, but...why do we care? And yes, I realize Clark retweeted this. But it's some random dude, with 281 followers, who happens to be a Pitt fan. It feels like a strange tweet to put here.

Last edited:
jekelish said:
Have you heard rumblings, Jake, or just a gut feeling? I ask because I have recently heard someone else saying the same, but without adding where the rumblings were coming from.

Just gut feeling. Read that article and the quotes. That's a kid who feels comfortable here and sounds excited. The money quote is that he doesn't think he'll have a hard time making a choice.

How could he have that feeling if we're not the leader?

Would think the return visit is the chance to seal the deal and tell coaches in person.

Just gut feeling. Read that article and the quotes. That's a kid who feels comfortable here and sounds excited. The money quote is that he doesn't think he'll have a hard time making a choice.

How could he have that feeling if we're not the leader?

Would think the return visit is the chance to seal the deal and tell coaches in person.
your lips to...

jekelish said:
I'm just curious...who cares what Pitt fans are tweeting at him? There's no offense intended here, but...why do we care? And yes, I realize Clark retweeted this. But it's some random dude, with 281 followers, who happens to be a Pitt fan. It feels like a strange tweet to put here.

Pittisit man ;)

Unless he completely blows up his first year eligible (which would not be completely out of the question but would be a little shocking), I would fully expect him to play at least two seasons at Syracuse.

Unless he completely blows up his first year eligible (which would not be completely out of the question but would be a little shocking), I would fully expect him to play at least two seasons at Syracuse.
If he leaves after one year in Orange, it would mean he had a highly productive year. And, it would be very good for recruiting to have a high draft pick at TE.

Great post at half time of the team's first road game. Some things never change.
If you were a TE would what you saw in the 1st half excite you?

If you were a TE would what you saw in the 1st half excite you?

Honestly based on his history of decision making who knows what he will decide is important in making this next decision.

Free Article

http://www.. . . . . . . . . /colle...y/1598168-te-chris-clark-back-from-pittsburgh
UCLA tight end transfer Chris Clark visited Pittsburgh, and he has Syracuse also on his list.

Former UCLA tight end Chris Clark made his second official visit in a week, and the vision of Pittsburgh’s tight end-friendly offense stuck with him.

Clark, who visited Syracuse last week, is hoping to decide on a new school soon, but other schools can still get in the mix.

However, his immediate focus is on Pittsburgh and Syracuse, and in watching the Panthers beat Virginia 26-19, tight ends Scott Orndoff and J.P Holtz combined for four catches for 99 yards and a score.

“They use the tight ends really well,” Clark said. “They have (Jim) Chaney from Arkansas. He’s a pro-style guy so the tight ends caught about nine balls in the game, and had a touchdown. They do a really good job with the tight ends.

“I love (coach Pat) Narduzzi. The scheme is unbelievable. I really like Narduzzi, and coach Chaney is a great offensive coordinator. “

Clark was hosted by freshman quarterback Ben DiNucci, and the two hit it off well. Clark also enjoyed hanging out with the players, and getting to know a few them.

“They put a lot of money into the facilities,” Clark said. “I think they are going to become a top 25 team pretty soon. He coaches the defensive so well. I can definitely see them doing really well and they are in the Coastal, and I think they can make their footprint on that side and win a lot of games. It would be cool to be something like that, something that is fresh.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom