Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Article

http://www.At their request, this n...99838-five-star-te-chris-clark-picks-syracuse

The top tight end from the 2015 class, Chris Clark, will transfer to Syracuse
6:45 PM

Five star tight end Chris Clark comes full circle, deciding to transferr to the school that first extended a scholarship opportunity, the Syracuse Orange.

Five-star tight end Chris Clark has picked Syracuse as his transfer destination from UCLA, he tells CuseNation.com. Clark was the top rated tight end in the 2016 class.

"Just because of how comfortable I feel there," Clark said. "All the guys on the team I felt really comfortable with. It's really close to home and I like the closeness of the school. It's just a good fit.

"I feel like they have all this young talent and they're getting a lot of production from it. I think I'm a couple of years, they're going to be really good and I can be a part of that."

Clark added that being a big face and name for Syracuse was intriguing to him as well.

But that wasn't the only reason the Orange stood out. As the first school to extend a scholarship offer during his high school recruitment, Clark had a relationship with head coach Scott Shafer.

Clark said that he could tell how much Shafer generally cared about his players, a rare quality among current college coaches. He said during his original recruitment, he got a big head and lost what was the most important thing, relationships.

The relationships he has with the Syracuse coaches and their players ultimately made the Orange the best option.

Now that Clark has picked his destination, he is focused on what he can accomplish once on campus. He may see the field in 2016 or 2017, depending on the results of a waiver Syracuse will likely file win the NCAA to forego the mandatory year of sitting out due to transfer. Either way, he has lofty goals once he does step foot on the Carrier Dome turf.

"To win the Mackey Award (for college football's best tight end," Clark said. "I want to bring the Mackey Award back to Syracuse."

Clark noting his appreciation for the award being named after a former Orange great. He is a big get for Syracuse and the highest rated prospect in the program's history in the Scout era.

clark.png

TBT the very first visit.

I know we've landed a handful of 4 star players, and the talent was at a higher level in 80's and 90's than what we have now, but have we ever landed a 5 star "talent" before? I know Harrison was highly recruited, as well as McNabb, and Conrad etc, but would any of those talented guys from the past been a 5 star recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom