Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

Yup. Most people would be thrilled to have one edge rusher who can consistently disrupt the backfield. We had two. God, that was a fun pair to watch. We had some solid DTs then, too. One of the best front fours I've ever seen at SU. And hell, throw in Bulluck, Greenwood, Clifton Smith...guys like that...what a great front seven we got to see.

I'm bullish on our future because of the front seven we're currently assembling. If we can land a DE that can even give us half of what Freeney did... opposing qb's literally couldn't even.

Maybe Chris Clark will commit to Michigan after his UCLA trip and help us out!

That would help! Westwood is a great place to be, hopefully Clark prefers his winters cold!

Jake Pickard ‏@JakePickard2015 4m4 minutes ago Ann Arbor, MI
What y'all think? pic.twitter.com/VA9eC2K37e
B8ItVmdIQAAG9Xv.jpg

B8ItVmdIIAA_OjS.jpg

It all depends on whether he wants to play offense or defense more. If he wants defense he will not go Michigan.

It all depends on whether he wants to play offense or defense more. If he wants defense he will not go Michigan.
If Chris Clark doesn't commit to UCLA there might not be room for Pickard at Michigan.

Michigan has six commits two weeks from signing day. They aren't going to turn this kid away if he says DE or bust.

I would imagine that's their vision for him, not an ultimatum.

Michigan has six commits two weeks from signing day. They aren't going to turn this kid away if he says DE or bust.

I would imagine that's their vision for him, not an ultimatum.

If they don't think he can play DE at a high level, they won't want him. I also imagine Harbs is a pretty stubborn guy, I can't imagine he is about to cave to what some kid wants. Either that kid gets with the program or goes elsewhere.

Statesman1 said:
We made the road trip for that game- oh the sad faces in Ann Arbor that day! What an absolute beat down, I wish P didn't take his foot off the gas but that wasn't his nature-

The only thing I think of that day is Southern Comfort. I have never touched the stuff since. Missed a great 2nd half.

The other recruit in this picture, Reuben Jones, just committed to Michigan, 24 hours after decommitting from Nebraska and being considered a Louisville lean. He's a DE/LB hybrid out of Florida.

I don't think "deader" is a real word but we are deader than I thought we were

Amazing they only had 7 kids committed prior to this weekend. And Florida only had 8.

I'll be honest, I expected Pickard to already be committed to Michigan by now. If we can make it to tomorrow without a commit (since Shafer is going to see him tomorrow) I'll take that as a very good thing. I still don't think we get him...but...