Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

B8DSD-qIIAMSIb-.jpg:large

Well it got a retweet from him.

Too bad it wasn't Brady.
I know. But hey, at the time, Henson was the hotshot, splitting time with Brady. I remember that play vividely...Poles just shot through the line on a safety blitz and absolutely annihilated Henson.

I know. But hey, at the time, Henson was the hotshot, splitting time with Brady. I remember that play vividely...Poles just shot through the line on a safety blitz and absolutely annihilated Henson.
Yeah, great hit.

Yup, made a start against Rutgers as a true FR. I think he had a club on his hand later that year.

Actually that's right - I remember by my freshman year (his sophomore year), our bookends were Freeney and Duke Pettijohn. Man, I'd kill for that combo again...
Amen!
I don't think you can understate the advantage to the defense of being able to pressure the opposing QB using your front 4.

Amen!
I don't think you can understate the advantage to the defense of being able to pressure the opposing QB using your front 4.
Yup. Most people would be thrilled to have one edge rusher who can consistently disrupt the backfield. We had two. God, that was a fun pair to watch. We had some solid DTs then, too. One of the best front fours I've ever seen at SU. And hell, throw in Bulluck, Greenwood, Clifton Smith...guys like that...what a great front seven we got to see.

We made the road trip for that game- oh the sad faces in Ann Arbor
that day! What an absolute beat down, I wish P didn't take his foot off the gas but that wasn't his nature-

We made the road trip for that game- oh the sad faces in Ann Arbor
that day! What an absolute beat down, I wish P didn't take his foot off the gas but that wasn't his nature-
The disappointing thing was that the final score (38-28) didn't come close to telling just how much of a domination it was. We absolutely destroyed them, and then as you said, we took our foot off the gas and put in our third stringers.

Likely roughing the pansy, I mean passer.

Isn't the point of sacking the QB to rough him up?

I've never seen them call "Roughing the RB" when they get lit up by a defensive lineman or linebacker pursuing the play.

Isn't the point of sacking the QB to rough him up?

I've never seen them call "Roughing the RB" when they get lit up by a defensive lineman or linebacker pursuing the play.
Mo Wilkerson was called for Unnecessary Roughness for a hit on a San Diego RB this year when he came in unblocked and leveled the guy. One of the best plays for the Jets all season, and synonymous with the disaster our season was. I know this seems like I'm nitpicking your post, but I'm honestly still just shocked about that call.