TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

Morris enrolled early for the Spring 2021 Semester, and he took part in Spring Ball.

He entered the portal after two weeks of August practice.
Wow, if he sits out, he'll have seen no action in 2021, 2022 and 2023. He'll be in his 4th year of school in 2024 with only being eligible for 2024 and 2025. Is it worth it to transfer again?

If he doesn’t think he’s likely to get much time on the field this year for a Utah team that probably has a lot of talent at the TE position then it probably makes sense to go CC route. He can get on the field and put his skills on display. Then if he does well, transfer back to a P5 school and play 2 years there.

I really think if he had stayed at Syracuse that would have been a much better option for him and worked out pretty well.

Last edited:
I really believe the portal is a very useful tool for players and schools but one of the downsides is when you have players who can't really commit to a school, their mind or the like wonders, and they are basically a rolling stone. Hopefully Landon commits to a school and figures out what he really wants to do as a football player and student.

I really believe the portal is a very useful tool for players and schools but one of the downsides is when you have players who can't really commit to a school, their mind or the like wonders, and they are basically a rolling stone. Hopefully Landon commits to a school and figures out what he really wants to do as a football player and student.

Now this is a pattern. when a kid leaves Syracuse as quickly as he did I often wonder what happened but clearly behavior like this he will most likely not find what he is looking for. Get closer to home and find a place to stick and get your degree. It ain't easy and if you aren't getting on the field, you either aren't doing what it takes or you simply aren't good enough!

Maybe what he was hearing from their staff wasn't what played out...

and the syracuse staff as well? I highly doubt it.

You have to earn it or be that much better than everyone else and clearly it's not working right now

and the syracuse staff as well? I highly doubt it.

You have to earn it or be that much better than everyone else and clearly it's not working right now

Hence the maybe. Makes more sense this is just about him than anything.

Hence the maybe. Makes more sense this is just about him than anything.

yeah the kids who just start flopping around from school to school really need to ask themselves what am I doing wrong? Maybe someone should be asking him that question. Maybe he doesn't really like football all that much too, it's a hell of a commitment if your heart isn't in it

So...why did he transfer to a school that has a lot of TE depth?
That is a really good question. I'm betting he really liked their offense and how they used their TE's and thought hey i'm good enough to win a roll. But when getting there he realized how many players and how much talent they already have that mostly had more experience than he did.

When he left Syracuse our offensive scheme was not what it is now so I can't completely blame him. When he left he stated he didn't really foresee himself being used in a receiving roll. Who knows, maybe Syracuse will be his landing spot in 2024. I think he could be a great fit for the Gadsden "TE" roll. Not really too much blocking needed from that position and is mostly a receiving roll. Although he is 6'-5" and 231 lbs so he actually has 15 lbs on Gadsden already.

That is a really good question. I'm betting he really liked their offense and how they used their TE's and thought hey i'm good enough to win a roll. But when getting there he realized how many players and how much talent they already have that mostly had more experience than he did.

When he left Syracuse our offensive scheme was not what it is now so I can't completely blame him. When he left he stated he didn't really foresee himself being used in a receiving roll. Who knows, maybe Syracuse will be his landing spot in 2024. I think he could be a great fit for the Gadsden "TE" roll. Not really too much blocking needed from that position and is mostly a receiving roll. Although he is 6'-5" and 231 lbs so he actually has 15 lbs on Gadsden already.

* role

* role
I know these things but when I'm typing I really don't think about it. if you were to ask me which is the correct spelling, I'd know the answer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom