TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

Yup, that was said. I wonder if he used that as an excuse to leave. It was probably more that he felt he wouldnt get many opportunities to catch the ball so why should he buy into blocking? I dont know just speculating

Yeah, a lotta TE’s will want the reward of catching a few passes, to incentivize them to block.

Which I totally get.

And - there was no way he could foresee the OC who banished passes to the TE getting canned at the end of the season, and replaced with a very TE pass-friendly new OC.

IF there was no portal, this kid would probably be pretty psyched to be at Cuse right now.

Yeah, a lotta TE’s will want the reward of catching a few passes, to incentivize them to block.

Which I totally get.

And - there was no way he could foresee the OC who banished passes to the TE getting canned at the end of the season, and replaced with a very TE pass-friendly new OC.

IF there was no portal, this kid would probably be pretty psyched to be at Cuse right now.
Yup, missed out on Anae but he has an opportunity to play in a good TE system out here. Still has to prove himself. Has to buy in to being a complete TE or he will wont be on the field.

Which I totally get.

Yes it’s too bad he wasn’t part of this recruiting class. Timing is everything in life.

We need athletic TE’s who can block, have decent speed and good hands! One who with good coaching will play on Sundays in the future!

Well he just went to Utah as a TE. I know its hard to swallow but as a Syracuse fan you have to admit we have pretty much abandoned the TE as a offensive option.
It’s not hard to swallow at all. We’ve gone from a system that used them some in the first few years of Dino, to a system that featured our best attributes (running) and used them very little. It made sense for him to leave and I’m rooting for him.

The new OC might have a different view on the matter and that’s ok. How would have this kid known that 6 months ago. Is what it is.

Its really hard to know how much of it was system vs play design or just QB trust though.. you look at some of the most used TEs and they are not the 1-2 option they are 3-4 checkdown guys.. But that requires the QB to get thru 1-2 reads and the oline to hold blocks long enough to get to the check downs.. I mean how often did we even dump down to a RB as a safety valve. Few systems throw to the TE as the main play design even teams like BC that use the TE its still not the main throw.

Look at the pros like KC.. Kelce is open because they have Hill and a couple other WRs and he knows if he works his route they will get it to him. Teams worry about deep throws so they zone more meaning a TE that knows how to get to his spots will be open and a QB that can buy time can find him.

Teams dont worry about our WRs so the play press man more which means more man TE coverage and ours really dont run patterns all that well so even easier to cover.

What happened to only having one free transfer? I'd go after him-He could be great in this offense.

He maybe graduated?

That’s how you can get another freebie.

And this is the fickle nature of the portal - the one kid to date (other than Duce now) that I was really upset about losing, thought he had a ton of potential. Definitely will be curious to see where he ends up.

What happened to only having one free transfer? I'd go after him-He could be great in this offense.
What’s happening is that kids on the portal for the second time are all applying for waivers and the NCAA is rubber stamping each of them because they fear litigation, as they have no leg to stand on.

This is, unfortunately, going hurt college football in the long run.

Last edited:
Doesn’t he have to sit another year if he transfers again?
I don’t think so, he left during summer camp and never attended a class so he technically was never a student. After you step inside one class you're considered enrolled. So, I think Utah counts as school #1 and not SYR.

I don’t think so, he left during summer camp and never attended a class so he technically was never a student. After you step inside one class you're considered enrolled. So, I think Utah counts as school #1 and not SYR.

Most players enroll prior to the fall semester, and participate in summer classes / off-season football activities prior to fall camp.

Presumably, Morris did that prior to his departure during the fall season. So he would have been enrolled at SU for summer session.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom