Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Sorry guys, didnt know I was on the clock.

The kind of hungover Naked Nancies select- Chris Doleman, DE, Vikings.

edit to last night post. I was told this morning that just because we have 70 pounds of crab, doesnt mean I get to try to eat 70 pounds of grab... Apparently we are only pulling 30 out for tonight. 8 people. I'm gonna want more.

lets try this again.

Nancies take Jeff Cross, DE, Miami. Also, the nancies take 3 advil.
You know. I played with Miami a lot of course to be Marino and the Mark brothers, but I do not remember playing with anyone on defense. I just looked at the roster and I don't know who I played with. So, I'm sure it was a great pick, I just can't remember any Dolphin defensive players. :crazy:

You know. I played with Miami a lot of course to be Marino and the Mark brothers, but I do not remember playing with anyone on defense. I just looked at the roster and I don't know who I played with. So, I'm sure it was a great pick, I just can't remember any Dolphin defensive players. :crazy:

I'm honestly just grasping at straws here lol

Someone good on Dolphins. But I aint saying, cause I aint one to gossip. ;)

With their 10th round pick, and although they won't get a Giant or Orange, they will get a familiar name....
Tee's Goobers select Michael Carter "Don't call me Williams", NT, San Fran

It isn't s x x y, but since I have speed on both ends and LB, I needed a guy that can stomp his blocker and make a hole causing some nasty penetration. If that's not s x x u a l, I don't know what is.

But I digress. This kid was very strong, and probably one of the best hitting powers in the game. I needed that for my speedy defense to cause havoc. Oh, word?

Marino can't remember any of his dolphin defensive players either

Tee have you tried Tecmo 2013 yet? If so what did you think? I have simmed 2 seasons and the consensus best teams are New England Patriots and the New York Giants which makes sense since they were the previous year's Super Bowl teams.

My picks to this point:

QB -W. Moon/HOU (Rd #3)
HB - B. Jackson/RAI (Rd #1, Pick #2)
HB -
WR - E. Givins/HOU (Rd #4)
WR - A. Carter/MIN (Rd #5)
WR/TE flex - A. Reed/BUF (Rd# 7)
DL - G. Townsend/RAI (Rd #6)
DL - J. Green/SEA (Rd# 9)
LB - L. O'Neal/SD (Rd# 8)
LB -
DB/S - D. Fulcher/CIN (Rd #2)
DT/DL - Michael Carter "Don't call me Williams", NT, San Fran

With their 10th round pick, and although they won't get a Giant or Orange, they will get a familiar name....
Tee's Goobers select Michael Carter "Don't call me Williams", NT, San Fran

It isn't sixy, but since I have speed on both ends and LB, I needed a guy that can stomp his blocker and make a hole causing some nasty penetration. If that's not sixual, I don't know what is.

But I digress. This kid was very strong, and probably one of the best hitting powers in the game. I needed that for my speedy defense to cause havoc. Oh, word?
DAMN YOU, he was the top player on my board good pick.

Tee have you tried Tecmo 2013 yet? If so what did you think? I have simmed 2 seasons and the consensus best teams are New England Patriots and the New York Giants which makes sense since they were the previous year's Super Bowl teams.
Not yet, but almost definitely this weekend. I've got some heavy research for something else over the weekend, but hope to try.
Speaking of which, thanks! I will play a preseason battle between the two to start, me taking the Giants.

Carter is a good pick ... I will be elated if my two final guys make it to me.

lets try this again.

Nancies take Jeff Cross, DE, Miami. Also, the nancies take 3 advil.

Cross is a good pick actually decent end to add to your squad. Maybe he just happens to be Chris Doleman's unknown twin separated at birth - can't blame you for mixing a set of twins up...

but I prefer the Michael Scott method of marking look alikes to be sure..

Round 1 #1 pick, Orangepace selects Lawrence Taylor/LB Giants
Round 1 #2 pick, tee1222 selects Bo Jackson/RB Raiders, Auburn
Round 1 #3 pick, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select The Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye RB/KC
Round 1 #4 pick, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects QB Eagles/QB Eagles
Round 1 #5 pick, Alsacs selects Jerry Rice WR/San Fransisco 49ers
Round 1 #6 pick, Digable selects Thurman Thomas RB/Bills
Round 1 #7 pick, The Derrick Thomas Corpses (yes I'm pluralizing this, R.I.P.) select Derrick Thomas LB/KC
Round 1 #8 pick, The Wall of Orange select Rod Woodson DB/Pit

Round 2 #9 pick, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Barry Sanders RB/Det
Round 2 #10 pick, General20 selects Joe Montana (hopefully this will counteract some of Jerry Rice's supernatural magic)
Round 2 #11 pick, DigaBills selects Bruce Smith DE/Bills
Round 2 #12 pick, Alsacs selects Neal Anderson RB/Bears
Round 2 #13 pick, Imperial selects Wayne Haddix DB/TB
Round 2 #14 pick, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Dan Marino QB
Round 2 #15 pick, Tee's Goobers select David Fulcher, SS, Cincy
Round 2 #16 pick, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Mike Singletary / LB Chi

Round 3 #17 pick, Orangepace selects Ronnie Lott DB/49ers
Round 3 #18 pick, Tee's Goobers select Warren Moon QB./Oilers
Round 3 #19 pick, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select William the Fridge Perry
Round 3 #20 pick, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Greg "Avoid" Lloyd LB/PIT
Round 3 #21 pick, Alsacs selects QB Bills, QB/ Bills
Round 3 #22 pick, DigaBills select Reggie White DE/Eagles
Round 3 #23 pick, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Drew Hill (the football player) with their 3rd round pick
Round 3 #24 pick, The Wall of Orange select QB Boomer Esiason/ Cin

Round 4 #25 pick, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Andre Rison WR/ ATL
Round 4#26 pick, General20 selects Marion Butts RB/SD
Round 4 #27 pick, DigaBills selects QB Browns/ Browns
Round 4 #28 pick, Alsacs selects Henry Ellard WR/STL
Round 4 #29 pick, Imperial selects Bobby Humphrey RB/DEN
Round 4 #30 pick, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Deion Sanders. DB, Falcons
Round 4 #31 pick, Tee's Goobers select Ernest Givins, WR, HOU
Round 4 #32 pick, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Otis Anderson RB/NYG

Round 5, Orangepace selects Tom Rathman / RB SF
Round 5, tee1222 selects Anthony Carter, WR, Minny
Round 5, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select Mark Clayton WR/ Dolphins
Round 5, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Willie " Flipper" Anderson WR/Rams
Round 5, Alsacs selects ( and steals the WOO's next pick) Chris Doleman DE/MIN
Round 5, Digable selects Mark Carrier DB/Bears
Round 5, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Joey Browner DB/MIN
Round 5, The Wall of Orange select Bob Nelson DL/GB

Round 6, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Keith Millard LB/MIN
Round 6, General20 selects Willie Gault, WR, Raiders
Round 6, DigaBills selects Gary Clark WR/Redskins
Round 6, Alsacs selects Stephen Baker the Touchdown maker. WR/NYG
Round 6, Imperial selects Howie "I can't believe I've stayed on the board this" Long DL/RAI
Round 6, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Bill Romanowski, LB, 49ers
Round 6, Tee's Goobers select Greg Townsend, DE, RAI
Round 6, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Sterling Sharpe WR/GB

Round 7, Orangepace selects Haywood Jeffries WR/HOU
Round 7, Tee's Goobers select Andre Reed WR/BUF
Round 7, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select Rodney Hampton RB/NYG
Round 7, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Dave Meggett RB/NYG
Round 7, Alsacs selects Jerome Brown LB/PHI
Round 7, DigaBills select Cornelius Bennett LB/ BUF
Round 7, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Stephone Paige WR/KC
Round 7, The Wall of Orange select John Taylor WR/SF

Round 8, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Earnest Byner RB/WAS
Round 8, General20 selects Mel Gray RB/DET
Round 8, DigaBills selects Pepper Johnson LB/Giants
Round 8, Alsacs selects Dennis Byrd LB/Jets
Round 8, Imperial selects Kevin Greene LB/Rams
Round 8, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Junior Seau LB/SD
Round 8, Tee's Goobers select Leslie O'Neal LB/SD
Round 8, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects Richard Dent, DL/CHI

Round 9, Orangepace selects Charles Haley, LB SF
Round 9, tee1222 selects Jacob Green, DE, SEA
Round 9, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select Art Monk, WR, WAS
Round 9, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects Jerry "Wrecking" Ball DT/DET
Round 9, Alsacs selects Johnny Johnson, RB/PHO
Round 9, Digable selects Jay Novacek TE/Cowboys
Round 9, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select Pierce Holt, DE San Fran
Round 9, The Wall of Orange select Seth Joyner LB/PHI

Round 10, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select Keith Jackson TE/PHI
Round 10, General20 selects Gerald Williams, NT, Pitt
Round 10, DigaBills selects Ray Agnew DE/Patriots
Round 10, Alsacs selects Richard Johnson CB/HOU
Round 10, Imperial selects Neil "Baby Bruce" Smith DE/KC
Round 10, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects Jeff Cross, DE/MIA
Round 10, Tee's Goobers select Michael Carter NT/SF
Round 10, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

Round 11, Orangepace selects
Round 11, Tee's Goobers select
Round 11, the Cusetroop Naked Nancies select
Round 11, ImperialOrange's War Otto's selects
Round 11, Alsacs selects
Round 11, DigaBills select
Round 11, The Derrick Thomas Corpses select
Round 11, The Wall of Orange select

Round 12, Orangezoo's The Wall of Orange select
Round 12, General20 selects
Round 12, DigaBills selects
Round 12, Alsacs selects
Round 12, Imperial selects
Round 12, CuseTroop Naked Nancies selects
Round 12, Tee's Goobers select
Round 12, OrangePace and the Shutout crew selects

OrangePace on the clock, which will then send us into the last leg. Make sure you know what two slots are left, three for Pace.
Don't you guys wish we can play these teams against each other?

Not sure if my hacking skills are there or willing to try, but people who create those rom hacks could hook it up pretty quick.

OrangePace on the clock, which will then send us into the last leg. Make sure you know what two slots are left, three for Pace.
Don't you guys wish we can play these teams against each other?

Not sure if my hacking skills are there or willing to try, but people who create those rom hacks could hook it up pretty quick.

I am guessing they are using like a hex editor? Not sure what language they are editing it in though...

On a side note while waiting for Pace... I have been thinking how we could run the next draft. Couple of thoughts

1 - Everyone picks a team and gets a foundation to start with from that team - 6-8 positions of their choice ( maybe even do this out of a hat). After that we decide on a pool of players to choose from outside of that foundation for all remaining positions. We could use original tecmo super bowl players or pick a year from the hacked ones to add players from that year to fill the missing positions. Finally every team gets 3 trades. At the end - same thing bragging rights...

2- Salary Cap style - now that we have a good knowledge of player ratings - we pull the rosters and assign a value to each player based upon their ratings. Would take a while but with some excel and a summer until football/basketball season it would be fun. This would allow for the sleepers to still play a role( better than their ratings) while also making it tougher to simply stack your team at certain positions. Maybe we do a whole team or closer to a whole team at least...

thats all I got so far..

I am a .net guy for the past 10 years, but I would have to guess native C or C++

That was my guess... if they are working with the original game .. probably C right?

lol I haven't programmed since HS/College using pascal, html with some javascript to do very simple things. These days its just SAS and SQL for the occassionally database project.

On a side note while waiting for Pace... I have been thinking how we could run the next draft. Couple of thoughts

1 - Everyone picks a team and gets a foundation to start with from that team - 6-8 positions of their choice ( maybe even do this out of a hat). After that we decide on a pool of players to choose from outside of that foundation for all remaining positions. We could use original tecmo super bowl players or pick a year from the hacked ones to add players from that year to fill the missing positions. Finally every team gets 3 trades. At the end - same thing bragging rights...

2- Salary Cap style - now that we have a good knowledge of player ratings - we pull the rosters and assign a value to each player based upon their ratings. Would take a while but with some excel and a summer until football/basketball season it would be fun. This would allow for the sleepers to still play a role( better than their ratings) while also making it tougher to simply stack your team at certain positions. Maybe we do a whole team or closer to a whole team at least...

thats all I got so far..
I like most of your thinking but not a huge salary cap fan. Sorry but I will go with the flow no matter what.

I like most of your thinking but not a huge salary cap fan. Sorry but I will go with the flow no matter what.

Yeah at this point just trying to think of different ways to do it... salary cap being one.. I have little preference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom