Terrel Hunt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Terrel Hunt

dasher said:
I understood that. I think it was a really foolish statement. As if anyone would object to a freshman starting?? The issue was never starting. It was wasting a year for mop up duty.

The staff isn't so dumb as to play him in late game mop up duty if he was #2 and 1 snap from playing. Some people were worried he's only see moo up duty. That was never gonna happen. If Hunt doesn't get hurt tonight, Dungey would have still seen action and not when it was 40-0 in the 4th.

CusefanATL said:
gotcha. as soon as people know, word gets out. i wouldn't say I'm 100% convinced he tore his achilles yet... but I'm hovering around 97%.

Of course we know now, but the poster that first said it is legit and his source was in the locker room. And like you said you can tell a torn Achilles very easily. You don't need MRIs and such to know. I'm sure they did one or an X-ray but they knew and I'm sure it was being talked about in the locker room.

I ruptured my Achilles, worse pain ever. Sucks for Hunt.
Same here. But oddly enough, I felt no pain at all- just numbness and my foot literally hanging from the ankle like jelly.
Had surgery and a cast up to my thigh for 4 months straight. Took about a year before I could fully put weight on it w/out worrying if it would "pop" again. I feel for the kid.

HtownOrange said:
Hunt becomes a "coach". Kid knows the game and can be a big help to the other QBs. Who knows, he could make a good grad assistant, then a position coach later on. His attitude, knowledge, leadership and personality could make him a good coach.

This would be as good for hunt as the team. When I blew out my knee in the first practice of the season, I personally coached my backup hard and he made it into the state tourney. I cant tell you how rewarding it was for him to come directly over after the deciding win and say he never would have made it there without me. It made what started like a wasted athletic year truly memorable for me. Feel terrible for Terrel I hope its a strain and if its a season ender that he gets the opportunity to coach.

Really. I feel awful if he's done for the year. I think it'll probably cost us a bowl bid. But it's the reason why the staff named Dungey #2, because he's the best backup. Which was the point I've been trying to make. But some people were ore concerned with 2019...than this year.

Thank god the staff gave him the reps necessary to have him #2 for the opener...instead of think,,,,my god he could be a great 5th year senior.

This program needs wins now. If we can get them, we will recruit more talented athletes who can play in 2019. It's not the time to hold anyone back if they can help us now.

Get healed up Terrell, come back next year with the medical redshirt. If qb is open attack, if not talk to HCSS and ask him if he can plug you into another position that gives you a chance at the league.
If not realize you've dealt with more adversity than most people deal with in three lifetimes. Take your education and blow folks out of the water.

Best wishes to Terrell Hunt for a speedy recovery. Of course football is a tough game but I don't recall hearing of an Achilles tendon rupture (if that is what it was) in a college or professional player prior to this one. However, once I took a newer antibiotic sold under the brand name Levaquin and the fine print said it could cause tendon ruptures up to 3 months following last usage! (Sometimes "the cure is worse than the disease.") One odd thing - in the videos on the ACC site you can see (?) a ripple in the turf after he has passed over it ... but maybe that was just a shadow. I know it was recently installed.

He is tough as nails for taking any steps at all. I feel so bad for him.

Express back next year?

I understood that. I think it was a really foolish statement. As if anyone would object to a freshman starting?? The issue was never starting. It was wasting a year for mop up duty.

Unless Phillips and McFarlane are out for the year a bunch of guys that played tonight aren't going to see the field except on specials and the wrong side of garbage time.

Shafer pushed his whole class in against a really, really bad FCS team.

Jake said:
Awful if true. But I bet he gets a 6th year if he applies. Great kid to have around the program for another year. It also really thins the QB ranks. AJ is now back in play. On a related note, we are screwed for 2019.
With hunts luck he'll be our weinke in '19

How would Hunt get a sixth year? In 2011 he redshirted. 2012 he sat on the bench, 2013 he replaced Allen and last year he played 5 games. To get a sixth year he has to prove the 2011 redshirt was because of injury right? You have 5 to play 4 unless you have two injuries.

Dmcnabbrules said:
How would Hunt get a sixth year? In 2011 he redshirted. 2012 he sat on the bench, 2013 he replaced Allen and last year he played 5 games. To get a sixth year he has to prove the 2011 redshirt was because of injury right? You have 5 to play 4 unless you have two injuries.

Good point...he probably can't. I didn't realize the 2011 redshirt would have to be medical.

His eligibility clock runs out after 2015. Since he wasn't forced to redshirt in 2011 due to injury, he probably won't be granted a hardship waiver.

GoSU96 said:
Unless Phillips and McFarlane are out for the year a bunch of guys that played tonight aren't going to see the field except on specials and the wrong side of garbage time. Shafer pushed his whole class in against a really, really bad FCS team.

Do you not like Shafer doing that?

It's an awful way for a career to end. Just terrible after the kid put so much time and effort to come back after last year. He was so upset on the sideline - didn't take his helmet off. Just terrible.

It's going to hurt this teams bowl chances...the one game where a really wanted him out there was for Wake. I just think this is a game we win for sure with him at QB. As much as I love Dungey, he will be so much better later in the season...next week is awfully early for a big game. That extra day will certainly come in handy.

Do you not like Shafer doing that?

I don't like or dislike it. The "burning redshirts" crowd are the ones who are going to have a problem with it.

GoSU96 said:
I don't like or dislike it. The "burning redshirts" crowd are the ones who are going to have a problem with it.

Gotcha.

Same here. But oddly enough, I felt no pain at all- just numbness and my foot literally hanging from the ankle like jelly.
Had surgery and a cast up to my thigh for 4 months straight. Took about a year before I could fully put weight on it w/out worrying if it would "pop" again. I feel for the kid.
As an aside when I run etc I get a lot of tightness there (which I've heard can be normal), but I've yet to find a really good stretch. Are there things we can do to prevent?

As an aside when I run etc I get a lot of tightness there (which I've heard can be normal), but I've yet to find a really good stretch. Are there things we can do to prevent?
That's what got me in trouble, I didn't stretch or warm-up and tried to play 2 full-court pick up games. As I made a cut it just "popped"and I knew something really bad had happened.
The best stretch for your achilles is to do the "reach" where you raise your arms to the ceiling while standing on your toes. Also, if you're outside, you might wanna put your toes on the edge of a sidewalk while pressing your heels downward. You should feel the stretch in your Achilles at that point.
Main thing as my doctor said to me, "listen to what your body's telling you". If you feel tightness, slow down to a walk, try to stretch a bit, then slowly resume running. Achilles injuries are very common for men of a certain age who try to do "too much" while working out. Its a tough way to learn that you're not 25 anymore. :(

Agree 100%.

Terrell out 6-9 months as per Bleacher Report.

terrrell was going to be an option threat on the outside. dungy did ok tuck and run up the middle but we lost a major weapon last night.

Terrell out 6-9 months as per Bleacher Report.

I assume that ends his career.

Not sure that it would even make sense for him to apply for a medical redshirt, given the young QB we have and the one we have coming in. Time to turn the page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom