Thamel gives some names | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Has to be Bob Casullo
Three Stooges GIF by Alissandra

On the subject of Bronco:

I listen to his podcast and he is all about horses. He invites recruits to ride horses on their official visits to get a handle on their personalities and if they are able to take directions. Does CNY have a big horse scene?
The guy's name is Bronco, after all.

I haven't said he was a good defensive coach. There are a number of them that haven't showed that they deserve a Head Coaching job.
He connects really well with kids, is young and energetic and has ties to the area. I would much rather have an experienced head coach but I think Tony is an excellent candidate in general

Heard a rumor that would make the Chris Ash thread look like a blip on the screen. Won’t post it to save my source, but good God it would be horrible.
I mean we are probably due for a 500 page thread at this point

Former Rutgers coach Kyle Flood

I don't hold that against him or anyone else. That is the least of my reservations about Doug. If we hire someone and they turn out great and leave, so be it. Kelly left ND. That's life.
Agree. 99.999% of the people constantly throwing the dream job quote in his face would quit for a much higher paying job, especially when your current bosses are two dunces like Cantor and Gross

Last edited:
He has 46 or so in state kids. I'm boring enough that I counted it up. Then tack on some Maryland recruits.

We can pay him a lot more, that's for sure.
Lots from DMV. I think those kids would love to play in the ACC. They liked dreamed it in HS. He’s been huge in the portal for the key guys. That’s what we need to do. We complain about our recruit imprint. The portal cures that

If Bob Chesney is available, you hire him. If you don't know him, look him up. Successful at 3 schools. 14 years of HC experience and 82-19 conference record. Team has been ranked 8 times in his division. Has the Northeast recruiting contacts that Syracuse needs. 46 years old so he could stay a while.

Very unlikely but it's not as farfetched as it seems at. first glance
You hear anything different as you were pretty spot on about Dino's future last night in the Gameday thread? If not who are your choices?

If Bob Chesney is available, you hire him. If you don't know him, look him up. Successful at 3 schools. 14 years of HC experience and 82-19 conference record. Team has been ranked 8 times in his division. Has the Northeast recruiting contacts that Syracuse needs. 46 years old so he could stay a while.
I’d be all in on Chesney and I think the fans would love him once they got to know him.

Maybe Thamel is just throwing darts at the board, who knows.

But him putting Marrone on the list and keeping Mullen off, tells me that he probably knows Marrone has kept the door somewhat open, and Mullen has closed it to stick with his TV gig.
Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up back at Miss State if he gets the itch though.

My optimal hire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom