Thamel gives some names | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Bronco Mendenhall please

Or Cignetti

Or Coen

Or Austin

Some great names in this list, which is why you fire now, as opposed to later.
Always respect your opinion so give me a reason why Austin could work.

with the current environment, feels like you need a coach who understands the ins and outs the college game. I have no doubt he can coach, but he’s been in pro game for so long, afraid he would take the job and have to deal with the bs for a year and check out

the only thing I know about Coen was that he was a dumpster for the Rams

Always respect your opinion so give me a reason why Austin could work.

with the current environment, feels like you need a coach who understands the ins and outs the college game. I have no doubt he can coach, but he’s been in pro game for so long, afraid he would take the job and have to deal with the bs for a year and check out
Yeah, maybe. I like the other guys more.

I want an offensive minded guy.

I might be blinded by the NFL experience, Ala Greggers. So, maybe not the best choice.

Just excited for a change.

Yeah, maybe. I like the other guys more.

I want an offensive minded guy.

I might be blinded by the NFL experience, Ala Greggers. So, maybe not the best choice.

Just excited for a change.
For sure….I’m not even opposed to defensive coach as long as they bring in an good OC

Yeah, and more than half his team is a stone's throw from JMU. This is a way different gig.
Uh no. Keen use of portal. I live here. These kids aren’t local. We have a better gig. Better league. Unique home environment We r the only game in town. perfect weather for 7 games. light up the dome make them defend the whole field.

You have to match the program with a coach who can succeed within the limits of that program. SU's identity is a smallish private school, located in a not so attractive NE location, playing in a league that is not a major football power, with a fan base that has been challenged over the years to keep its interest level up. Success is all in the eyes of the beholder, but in my mind a .600 record with a minor bowl is a good result. A coach that can do that year in and year out is getting the job done. I don't expect miracles at this point.

Very unlikely but it's not as farfetched as it seems at. first glance

Maybe Thamel is just throwing darts at the board, who knows.

But him putting Marrone on the list and keeping Mullen off, tells me that he probably knows Marrone has kept the door somewhat open, and Mullen has closed it to stick with his TV gig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom