Thamel gives some names | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

On the subject of Bronco:

I listen to his podcast and he is all about horses. He invites recruits to ride horses on their official visits to get a handle on their personalities and if they are able to take directions. Does CNY have a big horse scene?
Yeah. At Orange crate around 1:25Am

I wouldn’t have thought Marrone would be interested either but if Thamel included his name, then the door must be open.
That’s what I thought too, I still don’t see it but seeing him on the list made it at least a bit possible

I want Chesney if we can't get Cignetti (which we almost definitely can't)

Marrone ain't coming back.
There’s super high praise for him from some NFL and college guys I know. I don’t know enough about him but all those guys say he would be home run hire…

Id be all in on Marrone.

People have short memories. String together several winning, solid seasons and rebuild out national perception
When he took over from Grob, the roster was a complete mess and he got them playing in year 1 for what he had to work with. With the current roster plus the portal, year 1 would be a good bowl.

Bronco Mendenhall please

Or Cignetti

Or Coen

Or Austin

Some great names in this list, which is why you fire now, as opposed to later.
Austin is a great name?

How so?

Id be all in on Marrone.

People have short memories. String together several winning, solid seasons and rebuild out national perception
Yup. We won 10 games in four years before Doug.

He went 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, and left enough pieces for Shafer to go 7-6 year one of ACC play.

He also had the following guys drafted:
Delone Carter, Doug Hogue, Chan Jones, Andrew Tiller, Justin Pugh, Ryan Nassib, Jay Bromley, Shamarko Thomas, Marquis Spruill, Riley Dixon

he had more guys drafted than Shafer and Babers did combined.

I’m not really understanding Bronco either.

Mullen is my guy by a mile if he wanted it, but I am intrigued by Chesney if he had experienced P5 coordinators.
Bronco career record is 135-81. He resigned from UVA if I remember because they wanted him to fire staff & he didnt want to. I'd sign up for 135-81

Id be all in on Marrone.

Name one time when a HC left a job, returned to same job and it turned out better the 2nd time around? I’ll shut up if you can provide an example.

Yup. We won 10 games in four years before Doug.

He went 4-8, 8-5, 5-7, 8-5, and left enough pieces for Shafer to go 7-6 year one of ACC play.

He also had the following guys drafted:
Delone Carter, Doug Hogue, Chan Jones, Andrew Tiller, Justin Pugh, Ryan Nassib, Jay Bromley, Shamarko Thomas, Marquis Spruill, Riley Dixon

he had more guys drafted than Shafer and Babers did combined.
And that was in the Big East. He’d have an easier sell to recruits today.

Schiano!!!! (Joke)
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Austin is a great name?

How so?
4th on my list. I am tempted by the SU connection, the NFL experience, & I like the Steelers. Like Babers 9 years ago, it probably was not a wise choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom