Thamel gives some names | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Thamel gives some names

Why?
Rees was run out of ND he isn’t all that good. Offenses and specifically the QBs were poorly coached, play calling was awful and he isn’t considered by hold overs at ND to be a good recruiter. Other than that what’s not to love?

Bronco would be very interesting but im not sure we should try to make what didnt work at UVA work here
Bronco was turning the uva program around when he left and the leadership begged him to stay. He left football for personal reasons not because “it didn’t work”.

Not saying he would be ready to come back to football or even if Syracuse would make sense. But he’s an excellent coach and also a very well-liked person in Charlottesville. Everyone here was totally shocked when he resigned.

My guess is Wildhack has his top three and they have been contacted before today. Probably been setting this up since at least the BC game.
Already mentioned somewhere but the demotion of Sean Lewis at Colorado now becomes more interesting in light of Dino's departure.

Rees was run out of ND he isn’t all that good. Offenses and specifically the QBs were poorly coached, play calling was awful and he isn’t considered by hold overs at ND to be a good recruiter. Other than that what’s not to love?
He’s the defensive coordinator, right? So, I don’t think he’s calling offensive plays or mentoring QBs. Do you mean his time at Miami? He did build Temple into a winner, so there’s something to be said for that. I don’t know anything about his recruiting.

Just saying, at 4-7, Coach PRiME is looking more, and more available

With AD Wildhack ESPN connections should we not think Herm Edwards would not be considered ?
Herm isn’t coaching again. I think the NCAA investigation is still open too.

No Doug M please or Tony White please!! Please for once will Cuse do something right and freaking spend some damn money and get a NAMED COACH!!! 20 years SU 20 FREAKING YEARS!!!
Don’t care about the name, I would like to see a successful coach. Name means little.

He’s the defensive coordinator, right? So, I don’t think he’s calling offensive plays or mentoring QBs. Do you mean his time at Miami? He did build Temple into a winner, so there’s something to be said for that. I don’t know anything about his recruiting.
No I was talking about Rees being a disaster. I’m not a fan of Golden either but he is in the process of negotiating a new contract with ND to be paid $2-3 million a year so I don’t think he would come unless Cuse offered him $5 mil.

Edit: I see the confusion I was talking about Rees and Golden at two different points.

Why are some fans so obsessed with the thought of hiring a previous coach that was on SU staff? It would be insane for JW to even consider that option. It's almost like the phrase "I refuse to think outside the box".
Damn. That means Nick Saban is out.

Why is Chesney in this list? Why would we put the fate of SU football into a Holy Cross coach?
I mean he’s done some pretty nice work there, why would you put your faith in anyone? I mean would you rather put your faith in Jim Knowles who is the DC at Ohio St? I certainly wouldn’t. Taking a big risk regardless. You were looking for coach prime?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom