that st johns loss is gonna haunt us | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

that st johns loss is gonna haunt us

Amazing to me that we are beating this dead horse to death. We will win some games we shouldn't and lose some games we should have won. We need to shoot well to win because we are not a good overall team.

In case you forgot what the situation is, check the early comments from JB.

LGO

Guys... We aren't good.

You know what happens to teams that aren't good? You lose to bad teams. We won games in Atlantis shooting ungodly from three. Fool's gold.

This isn't shocking stuff. We will win some random games for sure, but right now, we are simply average, like many teams.

That's why we should continue doing what we do!

Amazing to me that we are beating this dead horse to death. We will win some games we shouldn't and lose some games we should have won. We need to shoot well to win because we are not a good overall team.

In case you forgot what the situation is, check the early comments from JB.

LGO

Here's the problem... There will
Be some that we claim we should have won but in reality, we just lost a game to an equal or maybe slightly better team. Losing to Rutgers in 03 is a game we should have won :)

There was an article on it, saying it could happen. And I believe that was before Hop put the exclamation point on it with the debacle in MSG.

I guess they rather leave the door open... just in my experience its not something they really consider.

But it is interesting to see it is out there on the record. Thanks.

. Richardson should probably stop shooting. Gbinije should take 20+ shots a game.

Gbinije is a pick your spot kind of guy. He rarely pulls up off the dribble and ever rarer will shoot over his guy one on one from a standstill. I get the feeling hes just to comfortable in that role to take another 6-7 a game.
Its strange not to have a go to jr/senior but thats the way it is.

Richardson is the only isolation/one on one/post up guy we got. Occasionally Lydon and Coleman get one off. Lydon plays taller then Coleman posting up because hes got a outstretched hook.

Malachi has great moves though. I think that jabstep blowby is the closest thing we have had since carmelo. He missed one in the second half but he plays that fake pass and side fake blowby jabstep so well, you can tell he could be nba allstar potential if he ever gets it down. If he developed another gear he could be a well known lottery pick, and the kind you know will make big waves in the nba. He just needs time to round that shot off. Your seeing maybe the best freshmen raw materials in the country with Malachi.
imo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom