That was a shame | Syracusefan.com

That was a shame

Tough loss.

Pretty inexcusable that we are down Sidibe and Marek the last 5+ minutes. Be that due to the refs, their own silly plays, or a combination of both.

Lost another decent sized lead. This one bit us.

But my heart was beating fast and I had clammy hands at the end of the game. I can find comfort in the fact that I care that much again.

I’m not sure exactly where to post this, but orange79 posted an interesting response. This is the closest thing to a post game thread I can find.

In short, we either agree or disagree (my sarcastic comment aside). We agree if you believe that we never actually had tournament hopes. We disagree if you think we STILL have tournament hopes. I’m honestly interested to see what I you think.

Gave it away. Doesn't help that Dolezaj specifically doesn't know how to let a play go. Some can blame refs all they want. He has a very bad habit (for three years now) of trying to do too much. That's not hustle. That's just bad basketball. It hurt them in the Duke S16 game a few years back and it hurt them tonight. It's a frustrating loss because they have no margin for error with how bad the ACC is. You cannot lose to Clemson.

Hindsight is 20/20

Should have fouled Trapp at the end of the game. 47% FT shooter.

Personally, I think we shouldn't have allowed 2 Clemson players notch career highs...or we could have stopped the ball on Clemson's last possession ;)

I’m not sure exactly where to post this, but orange79 posted an interesting response. This is the closest thing to a post game thread I can find.

In short, we either agree or disagree (my sarcastic comment aside). We agree if you believe that we never actually had tournament hopes. We disagree if you think we STILL have tournament hopes. I’m honestly interested to see what I you think.
I still fully belive we make the tourney. Full stop.

Clemson thread shut down? Give the ball to jg to drive with 11 seconds left. Hmmm

Company policy.

ALL game threads are shut down right after the game.

Unless you'd prefer not to have anymore game threads.

Company policy.

ALL game threads are shut down right after the game.

Unless you'd prefer not to have anymore game threads.
If I recall they aren't shut down immediately after wins.

I am steamed about this one. That was a brutal way to lose a game.

Gave it away. Doesn't help that Dolezaj specifically doesn't know how to let a play go. Some can blame refs all they want. He has a very bad habit (for three years now) of trying to do too much. That's not hustle. That's just bad basketball. It hurt them in the Duke S16 game a few years back and it hurt them tonight. It's a frustrating loss because they have no margin for error with how bad the ACC is. You cannot lose to Clemson.

Except he didn’t foul the guy for his 5th. And the damn ref apologized to jb.

For a player with such a great IQ he goes after 5 rebounds a game he has no chance of getting and gets the foul on 2-3 of them.

i think the mistake was not fouling on the rebound. Worst case down one with plenty of time

I still fully belive we make the tourney. Full stop.

Power of positive thinking, I guess. I’m honestly not even trying to be mean. I could use a bit of your optimism in my life.

In short, I don’t think there’s a way in hell we make the tourney without beating two of Duke, FSU, and Louisville. That almost certainly won’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom