The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive 2022-2023 Recruiting thread

I just don’t see LB as a need at all really. Not for this team, maybe down the line. Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Lowery, Bailey, Sparrow. Still tons of guys who have played well in significant playing time.

I’d like to see a viable RB2, OT, and WR. If we have 4 open another body on the DL wouldn’t hurt.
There are already four RBs on the roster...Price, Allen, Parkman and Daniels.

why is RB not considered a higher priority? Does Dino expect to run Allen for 30 snaps a game and pray he doesn’t get banged up? We have no RB depth.

The kid from New Mexico is not that bad. He's viable.

There are already four RBs on the roster...Price, Allen, Parkman and Daniels.
Maybe just me, but these are two frosh and a low D1 transfer. I said “viable” which none of these guys appear to be. Hell, one of the walkons appeared to be getting a lot of snaps at RB. I’d say a solid backup is needed

Maybe just me, but these are two frosh and a low D1 transfer. I said “viable” which none of these guys appear to be. Hell, one of the walkons appeared to be getting a lot of snaps at RB. I’d say a solid backup is needed
I was wondering if su was going to get a power back but at this point I think they are going to go with the four scholarship rbs. Allen and Price will get most of the carriers. I expect between 12 to 15 each and that includes passes out of the back field. One of the other rbs may get some run.
I’m interested if su is done with the class or are they looking to add a couple more players.
Maybe one additional OL, WR or DT.
I really like the pick ups yesterday. All in areas of need. I was really concerned having Wilson as the other starting cb. I figured they may move Clark to cb and have one of the other DBs move to safety. Both the new db commits have great size and can play cb or safety.

Freshman rbs play all the time. What makes them not viable. Allen was a freshman, he was ready last year. Tucker made a big splash as a freshman. Freshmen have been more than viable throughout the history of this program

Freshman rbs play all the time. What makes them not viable. Allen was a freshman, he was ready last year. Tucker made a big splash as a freshman. Freshmen have been more than viable throughout the history of this program
Daniels might be. Parkman is not a guy who can be relied on to stay healthy in the ACC at that size. I think he can be real good but he has to add weight

Daniels might be. Parkman is not a guy who can be relied on to stay healthy in the ACC at that size. I think he can be real good but he has to add weight
No one is saying we can't catch lightning in a bottle with either/both of the freshman rbs. But, with how light they are, can't rely on it for next season. Both are probably slower than Jawhar Jordan, and definitely lighter. Took Jordan gaining weight to become effective. Price could be a solid #2, but he showed nothing last season; all of a sudden, he will play like a solid P5 rb now? Could happen, I guess.
Anyone who thinks our rb room is fine; probably is the type to count on those weekly scratchers for their retirement.

Also - Our starter in proven because he flashed in a meaningless bowl game in December; on a field that was unfit for play, no less?

No one is saying we can't catch lightning in a bottle with either/both of the freshman rbs. But, with how light they are, can't rely on it for next season. Both are probably slower than Jawhar Jordan, and definitely lighter. Took Jordan gaining weight to become effective. Price could be a solid #2, but he showed nothing last season; all of a sudden, he will play like a solid P5 rb now? Could happen, I guess.
Anyone who thinks our rb room is fine; probably is the type to count on those weekly scratchers for their retirement.

Also - Our starter in proven because he flashed in a meaningless bowl game in December; on a field that was unfit for play, no less?

How many carries or snaps did Price get last year? seems a bit premature to write him off as a guy that get some snaps. Maybe just me

Still can’t get over the fact that they agreed to play Pitt this season in that dump again.

Scheme is very important for the RBs you take. People are screaming for a power back but we haven’t even recruited one since Hough. We are looking for pass catchers out of the backfield that have vision and burst enough to run counter, off tackle, and split zone. Like do some of you not understand the offense we run?

Scheme is very important for the RBs you take. People are screaming for a power back but we haven’t even recruited one since Hough. We are looking for pass catchers out of the backfield that have vision and burst enough to run counter, off tackle, and split zone. Like do some of you not understand the offense we run?
Is that Price? Our supposed number 2 back wasn't recruited for this system either.

Is that Price? Our supposed number 2 back wasn't recruited for this system either.
Price was recruited by Anae for this system. He’s a one cut back in the mold of Tucker. Intent of the scheme is for a receiving back with home run ability and a one cut back with a little more size. I would not expect us to be pulling any 220 lbs or larger RBs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom