The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 169 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I would agree with that, it isn't exactly clear, but I can see them having the intent to compete in the facilities arms race, but after going through the process having the plans bastardized to the point it is not a dedicated facility. Sounds like our government, good intentions get all politicked up.

RU def playing the symantics game here. The arms race is about facilities. Dedicated facilities have more splash than shared facilities, particularly when it comes to major revenue sports. If RU just called this a new multipurpose practice facility, their BASKETBALL recruits would be like hmmmmm, all the other schools have dedicated basketball building, i have to share with volleyball and rowing here?

By calling it a BASKETBALL facility, that (will house other sports) they can kinda get around the scenario i laid out above. Their basketball program has died on the vine, they are looking for any positive press, and quite frankly another tweet about former UConn players isnt going to cut it.

This is an attempt to catch up with the rest of the Conference. It's going to take a huge amount of money to do so which will eat up anything they eventually get from the B1G windfall.

And remember, they have also promised to wean the Athletic Department from the $26 Million a year they are stealing from a sports-apathetic or disinterested student body though transfer of General Funds or athletic department fees.

And regardless of the grandeur of what they build, It will still say "Rutgers" somewhere on the building. And that has always translated to "bottom feeder". This period in RU athletic history isn't some temporary down-period in fortunes. What you see now is the long term normal state ever since they decided to go "Big Time".

They are still chasing Mulcahy's dream and never understanding why they can't seem to get any closer to even mediocrity. And until they figure that out, they will build buildings and rent ad space in Yankee Stadium without any real change.

This is money down a rat-hole.

I'll preface this by saying I don't know anything about the facility. However, if you're going to be fair, if basketball is the only team that will have practice facilities in the building and it's going to house the lacrosse and/or field hockey, etc. locker rooms, it's still a bball practice facility in my mind. {Gosh, I feel dirty defending them.}

YOU ARE FILTHY!

Get to the decontamination facility ASAP for some brain bleach!

And bring some to the O/T board please.

18mil donation for the facility from rwj barnabas healthcare. it includes the construction of a attached sports medcine program. this is one of the advantages of being a state school in a area that has several corporation and drug companies involved with research

New lacrosse and soccer facilities on the way and not on the cheap

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria

'Every single sport will be Big Ten quality' - Rutgers alum and NJ Senator Ray Lesniak at groundbreaking of new Athletic Performance Center

9:26 AM - 1 Nov 2016 · Piscataway, NJ, United States

Bringing down the whole conference to Rutgers' level is quite a goal!

108105-The-Bug-The-Windshield.jpg

Except Rutgers is the bug every day, and the Big Ten is the windshield.

Meanwhile Zach Allen would've had the opportunity of a lifetime to run his HS offense vs Clemson in Death Valley today but instead he's watching miserable Rutgers lose another miserable game.

Meanwhile Zach Allen would've had the opportunity of a lifetime to run his HS offense vs Clemson in Death Valley today but instead he's watching miserable Rutgers lose another miserable game.

Indiana turned it over 5 times,missed like 2 pat's and 2 fg's and still beat them.

Who?

Let it go. He's a college kid. Harping on kids ~4 years after they went to another school is creepy. It's time to move on.

ZA cant see the field on a team that converted 1 3rd down yesterday vs Indiana. Lets get over it guys.

Speaking of "letting it go," this is a 211-page thread on Rutgers that seemingly never gets pushed off the first page. Would like to see this one locked and slowly let go.

I feel comfortable enough with HCDB's team as is to say that Rutgers is nowhere close to our level of play right now. The table has been turned and though we are not yet back to where we should be, Rutgers has returned to its historical place in CFB life.

Yea, clearly some overreaction to the blowout loss to Clemson, but we are a 2 TDs better than Rutgers at the moment.