The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

He doesn't have to go to an FCS. He graduated from Syracuse so can use the graduate transfer rule - same rule that got us Andrew White and John Gillon in basketball.
Yea ... But Rutgers

Well yeah I see your point. But Trey and his family are very classy so I hope it works well for him no matter where he goes.

They re last in every single offensive statistical category. Literally, 128 of 128. If you play offense, why on earth would you want to play there? It simply doesn't compute for me.

They re last in every single offensive statistical category. Literally, 128 of 128. If you play offense, why on earth would you want to play there? It simply doesn't compute for me.
Maybe he wants to play close to home? You have Temple, Rutgers, Penn St, and Maryland that are the close by D1 schools to his hometown.

Maybe he wants to play close to home? You have Temple, Rutgers, Penn St, and Maryland that are the close by D1 schools to his hometown.
And every one of those schools are better.

Temple is a much better program that would serve that purpose.

I just read that they have more punts this year than first downs. That's just crazy.
Wow, can that be right? I just can't believe an offense can be that bad. It's as if they just moved to FBS this year.

So I just checked twitter and gram, saw he had an RU '17 credential and was with Bobby acosta. I'm confused,

- He has 1 year of eligibility? I know RU plays like an FCS, but they're not an FCS

- they have been pitched 4 shutout to the tune of like 225-0. They had less than 50 yards passing yesterday? They had 1 first down vs Michigan? They are probably going to be even worse next year? Why on earth would he leave here to go be a big10 tackling dummy? Because even if he wins a starting spot, RU has no one to throw it.
I saw Acosta at the SU game last week against NC State. Thought it was weird but knew he had resigned at Cornell in October. Maybe he was here to set up visits for SU players looking to find a place where they could lose by 78?

Hope Dunk finds a home somewhere. He and his family are good people and everyone deserves to play a little, at least by their senior season.

I saw Acosta at the SU game last week against NC State. Thought it was weird but knew he had resigned at Cornell in October. Maybe he was here to set up visits for SU players looking to find a place where they could lose by 78?

Hope Dunk finds a home somewhere. He and his family are good people and everyone deserves to play a little, at least by their senior season.
Bet Bobby was there to see McDonald? Perhaps, he is pitching for a new job at NCSU?

Last edited:
I don't know whats funnier their football program, or the fact someone voted for them in the ap bball rankings today, can we get on this and figure out who.

• Others receiving votes: California 56, Maryland 55, Miami 44, Cincinnati 39, Wichita St 36, Florida 34, Seton Hall 15, Dayton 14, Butler 14, Virginia Tech 12, Notre Dame 6, Colorado 4, Ohio State 4, Ohio 1, Rutgers 1, Tennessee State 1

I don't know whats funnier their football program, or the fact someone voted for them in the ap bball rankings today, can we get on this and figure out who.

• Others receiving votes: California 56, Maryland 55, Miami 44, Cincinnati 39, Wichita St 36, Florida 34, Seton Hall 15, Dayton 14, Butler 14, Virginia Tech 12, Notre Dame 6, Colorado 4, Ohio State 4, Ohio 1, Rutgers 1, Tennessee State 1
Someone in LA voted for them.