The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 178 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Who played?
Laviano, Allen, Oden and Rescigno. Rettig was 2nd string in 2015 and started the first game that year due to the starter being injured. He didn't play at all in 2016.

Kid must be a masochist.
That or he figures that with all the others leaving, he will see the field. I just hope he realizes that it will be an up close and personal view of the field with some really close B1G friends from the opposing DLs. Perhaps some nice views of the sky, too.

It doesn't look like SU's ex-LB commit Carter got any play this year. IIRC he switched to RU because they were letting him play RB and SU wanted him as a LB. Then RU ended up switching him to LB after he was passed over on the depth chart.

It doesn't look like SU's ex-LB commit Carter got any play this year. IIRC he switched to RU because they were letting him play RB and SU wanted him as a LB. Then RU ended up switching him to LB after he was passed over on the depth chart.
He would have surely started for SU at LB for the last couple of years. Or RB this year for that matter.

What a shame.

I may be wrong but I think they switched him to LB immediately just like everyone knew they would.

Wow, when Laviano announced, I thought for sure that would be it. With Dare leaving they are pinning their hopes on Rescigno, a RS freshman who they didn't trust to throw the ball when he was in, Zack Allen and an incoming freshman.
I could be wrong, but Zach Allen is out of eligibility, isn't he?

I could be wrong, but Zach Allen is out of eligibility, isn't he?
I don't think so. Believe I read that Zach redshirted one year and played 2 years at TCU. But he graduated in that 3 year period, so he became the rare grad transfer eligible to play immediately and be eligible for 2 seasons...

Laviano, Allen, Oden and Rescigno. Rettig was 2nd string in 2015 and started the first game that year due to the starter being injured. He didn't play at all in 2016.
They have really been terrible with QBs historically, showing absolutely no patience with these guys. I think they've gone through as many QBs as the Browns over the last 10 years.

I don't think so. Believe I read that Zach redshirted one year and played 2 years at TCU. But he graduated in that 3 year period, so he became the rare grad transfer eligible to play immediately and be eligible for 2 seasons...
Ah, ok.

Correct, I believe Zach redshirted in 2013 at TCU, then played in 2014 and 2015.

If Zach stays at SUNJ any longer, he'll end up with a Doctorate ... or he'll end up running for Governor.

The only other example that comes to mind is Greyson Lambert who transferred from UVA to UGA.
Must've had some AP credits and maximized their summer sessions. Impressive.

quote-the-only-bowl-rutgers-is-going-to-is-the-one-i-just-got-off-of-glenn-foley-58-19-68.jpg

So if you are a grad transfer /Zach Allen with 2 years of eligibility and you transfer and " play " at Rutgers for 1 are you free again to transfer and play immediately ?

I hope not so we don't have to waste any more time thinking about him coming to SU lol