The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

If they get the B1G Network on high paying cable tiers in NJ then they'll deal with whatever they need to.

It's all about the Benjamins.
People in New Jersey are like the people in NYC, The Giants, and the Jets are important, college football is an after thought.

So generous of Ms Hermann to let the students at RU keep their seats and not "make bank" by selling them at high prices. Yep, lots of bank to be made when they are 1-11 every year.

It's going to be either a rape and pillage of the Jersey area by the Big 10 thus wins for all other schools in the conference or Rutgers will embarrass the conference so much Delaney will put one of his puppets in charge to keep the damage down.

3.jpg

Duck lips are so last year and yet Rutgers fans can't even get that right - girl is making platypus lips. Not so attractive...

Elbows too pointy. You're too good for her.

Congrats to NJ for winning their first ever National Championship!

Yeah, tiny Union, NJ defeated the Gophers of Minnesota!

Oh wait, someone told me Union is a college, not the city in NJ, it is actually in Upstate NY.

So Rutgirls I guess...>

ohnowesuckagain.jpg

NCAA Titles: Union 1, Rutgirls 0

Oh wait, someone told me Union is a college, not the city in NJ, it is actually in Upstate NY.

So Rutgirls I guess...>

ohnowesuckagain.jpg

Hey - let's be fair to the 'girls. They did win the Men's fencing championship in 1949.

Hey - let's be fair to the 'girls. They did win the Men's fencing championship in 1949.

I heard they used an ineligible player, Chas Fenwick (Black Sheep of the Fenwick Family) had his Butler actually do his fencing for him. :p

So Rutgirls I guess...>

ohnowesuckagain.jpg

Make that Union 2, Buttgers 1.
Apparently Union was the 1929 lacrosse national champs.
http://www.unionathletics.com/hof.aspx?hof=44&path=&kiosk=

Last edited:
Make that Union 2, Buttgers 1.
Apparently Union was the 1929 lacrosse national champs.
http://www.unionathletics.com/hof.aspx?hof=44&path=&kiosk=

Wow, someone should tell the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association that they selected Union that year because they think they selected Navy and St John's (MD). I thought only BC claimed pretend national championships...

Linkage

1c4d25b9b74475aa95f66d5a99d5ea1b33ede03f.jpg

Check out SU, who won NCs in 1920, 1922, 1924 and 1925. Not a bad run for Laurie D Cox, one of the most interesting and under appreciated figures in the history of Syracuse athletics.

Which of these applies?
  1. How big of a fence did they have to build?
  2. How much $ in stolen goods did they have to get rid of?
I ask, because it's highly unlikely that they would've won any competition even remotely related to sports.

The official Rutgers University seal looks oddly familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anywho, I have this strange urge to stop at Target on the way home and don't know why.

Rutgers%2C_The_State_University_of_New_Jersey_logo.png

January 2015: "we've let go Ms. Hermann. Here at Rutgers we are dedicated to bringing in the most compassionate, qualified people, and look forward to heading in a new direction .

April 2015: Rutgers University has hired Pol Pot as it's new Director of Athletics.

The official Rutgers University seal looks oddly familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anywho, I have this strange urge to stop at Target on the way home and don't know why.

Rutgers%2C_The_State_University_of_New_Jersey_logo.png
That's exactly what they will be in the big ten.....a hemorrhoid.

You can't make this stuff up:

On her plans to make sure Rutgers is “not going to be seen as a joke in the Big Ten:
“I have a media plan that I’m hoping to roll out in the next two, three months that will help manage some of what comes in. Keeping in mind that salacious sells, keeping in mind that we are a lot of people’s favorite topic, keeping in mind that there are people – I’ve got one guy over at the Ledger, and he has one mission, and that’s to get any AD at Rutgers fired. That’s his hobby. How soon can I get the new AD fired? Are they going to write stuff? Probably so.

Or this beauty on Rutgers place in the P5:

"Of the power five conferences, we’re on welfare. We’re so on welfare, we have a subsidy. We’re the poorest of the BCS, and then it gets poorer.”

or this throwing the students away to make more money:

On the $47 million subsidy from the university this year:

“The $47 million is a misnomer. Technically, we hustled so we were positioned to reduce the subsidy, and the student fee is there – and we can arm-wrestle with the student fee, but if we didn’t provide our students with 10,500 tickets for free and you gave them back to me, and I could put a seat donation on them that I’m putting on the rest of them, I’d be making total bank. Like, total cash. So please send the student fee back. I would love to have those 10,000 seats back, in the lower bowl, in a Big Ten stadium, and make God knows what. But, we – and I agree with this – have made a commitment to giving those tickets to our students. I’m so enamored with Rutgers because you come, and you’re loud.”

My comment: Hmmm Julie, very few visiting B1G fans are going to pay you a seat donation to buy Rutgers season tickets.

Or this beauty on Rutgers place in the P5:

"Of the power five conferences, we’re on welfare. We’re so on welfare, we have a subsidy. We’re the poorest of the BCS, and then it gets poorer.”

or this throwing the students away to make more money:

On the $47 million subsidy from the university this year:.

“The $47 million is a misnomer. Technically, we hustled so we were positioned to reduce the subsidy, and the student fee is there – and we can arm-wrestle with the student fee, but if we didn’t provide our students with 10,500 tickets for free and you gave them back to me, and I could put a seat donation on them that I’m putting on the rest of them, I’d be making total bank. Like, total cash. So please send the student fee back. I would love to have those 10,000 seats back, in the lower bowl, in a Big Ten stadium, and make God knows what. But, we – and I agree with this – have made a commitment to giving those tickets to our students. I’m so enamored with Rutgers because you come, and you’re loud.”

My comment: Hmmm Julie, very few visiting B1G fans are going to pay you a seat donation to buy Rutgers season tickets.
Hermann is out of control. In my experience, people like that have no idea they are out of control or otherwise lacking. It's a lock she will be a gift that keeps on giving.

People keep saying Rutgers adds the cable boxes, they and Maryland are both a joke. If the people in their areas cared about either school, they wouldn't both be hemorrhaging money. Delany picked both of them up, because he was blindsided by the ACC adding Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, and he had to do something, or look like he was out maneuvered, which he was. If a school really has all those viewers for cable boxes, they wouldn't have lost so much money. The people in New Jersey, Maryland care about Pro Teams, Rutgers, and Maryland on way down the list.

baggerbob said:
People keep saying Rutgers adds the cable boxes, they and Maryland are both a joke. If the people in their areas cared about either school, they wouldn't both be hemorrhaging money. Delany picked both of them up, because he was blindsided by the ACC adding Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, and he had to do something, or look like he was out maneuvered, which he was. If a school really has all those viewers for cable boxes, they wouldn't have lost so much money. The people in New Jersey, Maryland care about Pro Teams, Rutgers, and Maryland on way down the list.

They don't have to care about college sports. They just need a cable box if the BTN gets their way on how they charge.