The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Every morning Jim Delaney wakes up... looks at his iPad... reads the latest disastrous Rutgers headline... let's out a long sigh... and wonders if a couple million New Jersey TV households are worth it.

;)

The incompetence is breathtaking...how anyone could do a "bait n switch" on Eric. Beyond reprehensible. There is something systemically wrong in that university. Rutgers the Enron of American Education.

I'm sorry this happened to him...the Governor better make this right.

Julie Hermann - ""She told me, 'I was pushing for you, but President Barchi decided to go in another direction for political reasons."
Way to throw in your boss. She is dangerous every time she opens her mouth. Need more popcorn.

At the bottom of that article, there is a link to a story that another football player announced he is leaving the RU program yesterday. That makes 5 that have escaped this calendar year. Congrats to him.
"I've been here a year," Marini said. "I've seen the ropes, I've seen it for what it is, and I've got a rule that a zebra doesn't change its stripes...It became clear to me throughout the course of events that took place and unfolded this past year that this isn’t going to be a place where I can spend my four or five years."

Dear God! The first response in the comments section following the article was enough to make me almost puke:

LeGrand got a bad break in life and decides to make the best of it. We get it already. It's not uncommon or unique. Ask a Wounded Warrior. Does E.L. have the media on his speed dial for when he gets his feelings "hurt"? Enough already from this clueless self-entitled crybaby. He was given a free college education. Unfortunately he got paralyzed. Dozens do every year. It takes more than that to be considered a hero in my book. RU has treated him very well financially. LeGrand is upset because dropping him from graduation is one less opportunity for him to sit there and bathe in the applause that he craves. Don't go away mad Eric. Just go away

Dear God! The first response in the comments section following the article was enough to make me almost puke:

LeGrand got a bad break in life and decides to make the best of it. We get it already. It's not uncommon or unique. Ask a Wounded Warrior. Does E.L. have the media on his speed dial for when he gets his feelings "hurt"? Enough already from this clueless self-entitled crybaby. He was given a free college education. Unfortunately he got paralyzed. Dozens do every year. It takes more than that to be considered a hero in my book. RU has treated him very well financially. LeGrand is upset because dropping him from graduation is one less opportunity for him to sit there and bathe in the applause that he craves. Don't go away mad Eric. Just go away

What a scumbag

Rutgers just released a statement from president Barchi:

"Eric LeGrand will speak at our Commencement and personally receive his degree from me as a representative of the Class of 2014.

It was never our intention that Eric would be the only speaker. We have resolved that miscommunication and are delighted to have him participate.

Eric holds a special place in the hearts of the Class of 2014 and the entire university community. We are thrilled that he will be joining us on stage to make this special occasion ever more memorable."

someone should do a FOIA request to get to the bottom of this "miscommunication"

"Eric LeGrand will speak at our Commencement and personally receive his degree from me as a representative of the Class of 2014.

It was never our intention that Eric would be the only speaker. We have resolved that miscommunication and are delighted to have him participate.

Eric holds a special place in the hearts of the Class of 2014 and the entire university community. We are thrilled that he will be joining us on stage to make this special occasion ever more memorable."

Barchi with a quick about face... Kind of makes your AD, who shouldn't even have been speaking about the issue in the first place, look ignorant to the happenings.

If the cost of an education is paralysis, I do not see how anyone can call it free.

Rutgers statement translation: "We F'ed up...we REALLY F'ed up. I will personally give Eric his degree as a way to try and placate him and save face over pissing off everybody by the way I handled this and disrespected the most popular student to ever come out of Rutgers.

It was our intention to go back on having Eric speak, but because of the bad press we have to backpedal and try and make it look like this was just "miscommunication" and not a major screwup on my part.

I hope by this small gesture that people will forget about the way this was mishandled and we can continue to use Eric going forward whenever we need a positive PR boost the next time we screw up."

When every new Rutgers story comes out, I continue to shake my head at the Big 10's desire to add them. I just don't understand it and never will. The television market concern is bogus considering nearly every other team in the B1G is more appealing in the NYC area. A few above average football seasons and they are rewarded with a bailout. Unreal.

I do love watching them burn.

It seems fitting that you did that while having 666 "likes" (as of right now).
Ha. I saw that as well (before I saw your response) and liked the post to get him off that number. ;)

From the Pat Forde article:

Emperor Delany has to already be tiring of the brush
dumpster fires on his chaotic Northeast frontier. Fixed!

Last edited: