The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

On the $47 million subsidy from the university this year:

“The $47 million is a misnomer. Technically, we hustled so we were positioned to reduce the subsidy, and the student fee is there – and we can arm-wrestle with the student fee, but if we didn’t provide our students with 10,500 tickets for free and you gave them back to me, and I could put a seat donation on them that I’m putting on the rest of them, I’d be making total bank. Like, total cash. So please send the student fee back. I would love to have those 10,000 seats back, in the lower bowl, in a Big Ten stadium, and make God knows what. But, we – and I agree with this – have made a commitment to giving those tickets to our students. I’m so enamored with Rutgers because you come, and you’re loud.”

Does she really believe she can sell those student tickets AND add a seat license fee to them?

On her plans to make sure Rutgers is “not going to be seen as a joke in the Big Ten:

“I have a media plan that I’m hoping to roll out in the next two, three months that will help manage some of what comes in. Keeping in mind that salacious sells, keeping in mind that we are a lot of people’s favorite topic, keeping in mind that there are people – I’ve got one guy over at the Ledger, and he has one mission, and that’s to get any AD at Rutgers fired. That’s his hobby. How soon can I get the new AD fired? Are they going to write stuff? Probably so. The only thing that I can promise you is that we are going to take the time to do things right, we’re going to do them ethically and I can always stand up and go, ‘Here’s what we did and why we did it.’ That’s our goal.”

No actual plan to improve football, hoops or any other sport, just media hype. Then blame a local media hack for all of her troubles. Solid plan. Should take Rutgers all the way forward into their past, just where they have been for all of college football ... and sports ... history. I think she helps to secure their cellar dweller status for years to come.

People keep saying Rutgers adds the cable boxes, they and Maryland are both a joke. If the people in their areas cared about either school, they wouldn't both be hemorrhaging money. Delany picked both of them up, because he was blindsided by the ACC adding Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, and he had to do something, or look like he was out maneuvered, which he was. If a school really has all those viewers for cable boxes, they wouldn't have lost so much money. The people in New Jersey, Maryland care about Pro Teams, Rutgers, and Maryland on way down the list.

They don't it was a foolish myth that Delaney for some reason bought into.

Or this beauty on Rutgers place in the P5:

"Of the power five conferences, we’re on welfare. We’re so on welfare, we have a subsidy. We’re the poorest of the BCS, and then it gets poorer.”

or this throwing the students away to make more money:

On the $47 million subsidy from the university this year:

“The $47 million is a misnomer. Technically, we hustled so we were positioned to reduce the subsidy, and the student fee is there – and we can arm-wrestle with the student fee, but if we didn’t provide our students with 10,500 tickets for free and you gave them back to me, and I could put a seat donation on them that I’m putting on the rest of them, I’d be making total bank. Like, total cash. So please send the student fee back. I would love to have those 10,000 seats back, in the lower bowl, in a Big Ten stadium, and make God knows what. But, we – and I agree with this – have made a commitment to giving those tickets to our students. I’m so enamored with Rutgers because you come, and you’re loud.”

My comment: Hmmm Julie, very few visiting B1G fans are going to pay you a seat donation to buy Rutgers season tickets.

Uh, if you are tying the tickets to student fees, then you aren't giving them away, are you?

Uh, if you are tying the tickets to student fees, then you aren't giving them away, are you?
Future Julie Hermann quote: "You know, I could get the athletic department to make much more money if it wasn't for all the damn students and alumni."

"Like, total cash."
She sounds like a kid when they refer to "cash money".

After 4-5 years of being cellar dwellers in all sports in the B1G (which includes a football coach replacement), someone in NJ will realize that they'll need to clean house again. Others will simply acknowledge their place in college sports.

cusefan88 said:
I love this thread. Can't wait to post their conference scores when they get clobbered around the Midwest next year.

Rutgers dumpster fire thread: the one thing all Syracuse fans can enjoy.

They don't have to care about college sports. They just need a cable box if the BTN gets their way on how they charge.

Kinda.

Obviously News Corp/BTN is going to try and get substantially increased carriage fees for BTN in MD and NJ, claiming that these states are in the B1G footprint now, and that fans will be clamoring for broader coverage (wanting to put BTN on a regional sports tier with YES, SNY, MASN, etc. vs. a lower coverage sports tier).

I've said all along... we'll see if the multichannel providers capitulate. The B1G sold their members some very rosy revenue projections. We'll see.

She sounds like a kid when they refer to "cash money".

After 4-5 years of being cellar dwellers in all sports in the B1G (which includes a football coach replacement), someone in NJ will realize that they'll need to clean house again. Others will simply acknowledge their place in college sports.

This is not going to end well for Julie. I see a very public unrecoverable gaffe within 2 years.

This is more appropriate - Dumpster Fire in Rutgers colors.

Falcon%20DX%20Dumpster.JPG

So hmmm how do old jockettes say it, "Be making total bank?"

Josh Newman‏@Joshua_Newman 25m
Rutgers OC Ralph Friedgen is not at the spring game. Addressing the media at halftime, Kyle Flood says he is passing a kidney stone