The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The comments in the Forde article reminded me that the initial commencement speaker --who they chased off in a publically and embarrassing way -- is also on the new NCAA football playoff selection committee. Will obviously never come back to bite RU, but could some payback be delivered through the conference?

Kenny Britt is a Rutgers alum, right? He just posted a video of himself having sex on instagram. I won't link...

Last edited:
Whitey23 said:
Kenny Britt is a Rutgers alum, right? He just posted a video of himself having sex on instagram. I won't link...

The gift that keeps on giving.

The Fairy tale that Delaney created to explain adding 2 useless programs, after being upstaged by the ACC which had already added, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Notre Dame. Thats where the bogus idea they were added because of all the television sets they would bring. Maryland, and Rutgers are irrelevant in their own areas, and have been for years. The NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL dominate their markets, and always will.

Mizzou got a lot of crap here in the Kansas City area during the Quin Snyder/Ricky Clemons/Paige Laurie era. But that looks like a well oiled machine, even if you add Frank Haith to the list, compared to Rutgers. It's truly unreal

Are the things reported in this thread all legit? Seriously. Really?

How can an Institution of Higher Education continue to display incompetency like this?

The Rutger's fanbase has been terribly annoying and delusional, and Shiano was just plain ol' unlikable, so I am completely guilty of having enjoyed the defections and apparent collapse of that institution. However, at some point I lost my fervor for reading this thread and enjoying the fall from disgrace into complete disaster: it is becoming incomprehensible to me how a program can continue to be this dysfunctional. Its beyond anything I've witnessed, how can the Heads of Rutgers continue to allow this to occur? How can the Governor continue to allow this? I have no love for Rutger's sports programs but this has become incredibly pathetic and I can no longer gloat at the demise of the Rutger's program.

Ok, fine. I still do gloat and enjoy it a little bit, but let's face it - this is becoming really incredibly pathetic and I feel sorry for the Professors, students and graduates at Rutgers.

Unbelievable.

And now Minny transfer QB, Phillip Nelson, has been arrested.

Rutgers is a cursed program right now. This attack had nothing to do with their culture or New Jersey (Minnesota culture?), yet the school is part of this headline and being put on blast all across sports media once again. You almost have to feel bad for them at this point.

The old guard of the B1G must be proud of their new partners, ego driven over reach at its' worst. Well, not as bad as the current faction in DC.

Rutgers is a cursed program right now. This attack had nothing to do with their culture or New Jersey (Minnesota culture?), yet the school is part of this headline and being put on blast all across sports media once again. You almost have to feel bad for them at this point.

Nope, don't feel bad at all.

That being said...you can't fix stupid.

Also, no Rutgers players drafted.
Nor Texas. Nor Tennessee*.

Funny thing is, both Texas (by way of SMU) and Rutgers (by way of Arizona & Pitt) saw one of their former QBs get drafted while they themselves had none of their current players drafted.

I'm sure Rutgers will make up for this in the upcoming NBA draft. :)

* Correction: Tennessee did have players drafted this year. A local radio station mentioned that they didn't, and I ran with it. Silly me.

For completeness, here is the list of major football programs which did not have one of its players drafted this year: Illinois, Kansas, Northwestern and Texas.

Last edited:
How do you link a sex video to your Instagram lol, for real.. How does that happen!? I upload pics to Instagram all the time. It's not like you can just accidentally link something. You have to click through like 3 screens. Haha. What a mess.