The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I love the TV schedule for Rutgers... even playing Michigan can't get them above BTN.
Are you sure Michigan is pulling their weight? We know that Rutgers carries NYC and, if I am correct, once had the Empire State Building lit up in red. Who wouldn't want to have Rutgers on their network? Net result: must be the Wolverines are not pulling their weight.

(Try typing that with a straight face.)

Are you sure Michigan is pulling their weight? We know that Rutgers carries NYC and, if I am correct, once had the Empire State Building lit up in red. Who wouldn't want to have Rutgers on their network? Net result: must be the Wolverines are not pulling their weight.

(Try typing that with a straight face.)

I can't even look at them on the schedule and take it seriously that Michigan is actually going to play at Rutgers.

I can't even look at them on the schedule and take it seriously that Michigan is actually going to play at Rutgers.
The fact that Michigan, tOSU, MSU and PSU get a built in bye week with a scrimmage is what I can't believe. I bet the respective stadiums have below average attendance when they play Rutgers.

Dome to HPSS can be done in less than 4 hours. Now assuming you're not sleeping at the Dome, adjust time accordingly.

Maybe Rutgers will let him borrow their helicopter.
That's one option. Recall that SU2NASA is a rocket scientist, is it possible he has "arranged" an experiment requiring JATO rockets and a sports car?

* JATO = Jet Assisted Take Off

Nah, can't. I'll be in Syracuse for the Louisville game.
Probably not worth it any way. The fiasco in NJ will be over in the 1st quarter. It would be priceless to see the fan reaction, however.

I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to Rutgers opener vs. Washington St. on Thursday for 2 reasons.

1) It's the first major college football game of the year.

2) I have a hunch that Leach and Wash. St. are really going to pour it on Rutgers. A relatively young Secondary with a lot of early experience will not be enough to stop who I think is really an offensive X's and O's genius. With all fall camp to prepare nonetheless. Rutgers offense will not be able to enter into a shootout with this squad. Leach has proven time and time again his brilliance on the offensive side of the ball. He's shattered records wherever he's went, school, conference or NCAA. Furthermore, it appears he's got Washington State building it's program. Recruiting there cannot be the easiest task, and he's put together impressive classes within context of where they were.

Regardless of his personal transgressions or controversial coaching methods, the man knows how to teach throwing the pigskin all over the yard.

Rutgers says defense is their strength, here's your opportunity to show it.

PS - 5th year Sr. Gareef Glashen makes a start at corner as well as Quentin Gause at SAM, I'm interested in watching Gause bc I always liked him. Not only that but he's from Rochester. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Glashen's all-world speed has been put to good use.

I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to Rutgers opener vs. Washington St. on Thursday for 2 reasons.

2) I have a hunch that Leach and Wash. St. are really going to pour it on Rutgers. A relatively young Secondary with a lot of early experience will not be enough to stop who I think is really an offensive X's and O's genius. With all fall camp to prepare nonetheless. Rutgers offense will not be able to enter into a shootout with this squad. Leach has proven time and time again his brilliance on the offensive side of the ball. He's shattered records wherever he's went, school, conference or NCAA. Furthermore, it appears he's got Washington State building it's program. Recruiting there cannot be the easiest task, and he's put together impressive classes within context of where they were.

Regardless of his personal transgressions or controversial coaching methods, the man knows how to teach throwing the pigskin all over the yard.

I too have Thursday circled many times on my calendar. The Lions play preseason against the Bills and while I realize it's mainly 2nd and 3rd stringers at this point fighting for roster spots, it's still my Lions.It's the kickoff to the college season for the FBS teams and I'll also be prepping for Friday night. Can't wait.

PS - 5th year Sr. Gareef Glashen makes a start at corner as well as Quentin Gause at SAM, I'm interested in watching Gause bc I always liked him. Not only that but he's from Rochester. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Glashen's all-world speed has been put to good use.

Glashen has never started (5th year SR) and there other starting Corner was their 2nd leading rusher last year who was converted to DB two weeks ago :\. Leach and co might put up 50+

Glashen has never started (5th year SR) and there other starting Corner was their 2nd leading rusher last year who was converted to DB two weeks ago :\. Leach and co might put up 50+

I didn't really follow Rutgers all that passionately last season, but here is the only thing I knew about their secondary last year:

I agree with your take on the RU game. If you think the college game is about coaching, this is one of the great mismatches of all time.

Isn't South Carolina vs. Texas A&M on Thursday before this game?