The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Isn't South Carolina vs. Texas A&M on Thursday before this game?

YES!

6:00 PMNo. 21 Texas A&M at No. 9 South Carolina

7:00 PMWake Forest at Louisiana-Monroe

7:00 PMEastern Illinois at Minnesota

7:00 PMHoward at Akron

7:00 PMPresbyterian at Northern Illinois

7:00 PMChattanooga at Central Michigan

7:30 PMIdaho State at Utah

8:00 PMBoise State vs. No. 18 Ole Miss*

8:00 PMCal Poly at New Mexico State

8:00 PMTulane at Tulsa

9:15 PMTemple at Vanderbilt

10:00 PMRutgers at Washington State

10:00 PMNorth Dakota at San Jose Stat

10:30 PMWeber State at No. 19 Arizona State

I didn't really follow Rutgers all that passionately last season, but here is the only thing I knew about their secondary last year:

Just terrible technique, that looked like a high schooler.

I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to Rutgers opener vs. Washington St. on Thursday for 2 reasons.

1) It's the first major college football game of the year.

2) I have a hunch that Leach and Wash. St. are really going to pour it on Rutgers. A relatively young Secondary with a lot of early experience will not be enough to stop who I think is really an offensive X's and O's genius. With all fall camp to prepare nonetheless. Rutgers offense will not be able to enter into a shootout with this squad. Leach has proven time and time again his brilliance on the offensive side of the ball. He's shattered records wherever he's went, school, conference or NCAA. Furthermore, it appears he's got Washington State building it's program. Recruiting there cannot be the easiest task, and he's put together impressive classes within context of where they were.

Regardless of his personal transgressions or controversial coaching methods, the man knows how to teach throwing the pigskin all over the yard.

Rutgers says defense is their strength, here's your opportunity to show it.

PS - 5th year Sr. Gareef Glashen makes a start at corner as well as Quentin Gause at SAM, I'm interested in watching Gause bc I always liked him. Not only that but he's from Rochester. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Glashen's all-world speed has been put to good use.

Believe it our not, Buttgers fans have conceded they will have a hard time corralling WSU's receivers, BUT they think their offense will keep up based on WSU's poor defense. They are gearing for a shoot-out.

Believe it our not, Buttgers fans have conceded they will have a hard time corralling WSU's receivers, BUT they think their offense will keep up based on WSU's poor defense. They are gearing for a shoot-out.
Gun2.JPG

Rutgers' new $120,000 commercial

That's so awesome. You have a great chance to showcase your academic institution and your biggest accomplishments to point out are:

1 - We got founded a long time ago
2 - We were one of the first two schools to play a game that we've been irrelevant in for the 145 years since.

That's really the only thing they tell you about their institution, if you watch the entire commercial the only other thing you can figure out about the school is that it is in New Jersey...

After that they just thrown in some academic buzzwords, moving stock photos, and cheap computer animation before giving a really original tagline at the end.

Put that all together and I guess you've got a commercial fit for 'Gers.

I'll be honest, I'm really looking forward to Rutgers opener vs. Washington St. on Thursday for 2 reasons.

1) It's the first major college football game of the year.

2) I have a hunch that Leach and Wash. St. are really going to pour it on Rutgers. A relatively young Secondary with a lot of early experience will not be enough to stop who I think is really an offensive X's and O's genius. With all fall camp to prepare nonetheless. Rutgers offense will not be able to enter into a shootout with this squad. Leach has proven time and time again his brilliance on the offensive side of the ball. He's shattered records wherever he's went, school, conference or NCAA. Furthermore, it appears he's got Washington State building it's program. Recruiting there cannot be the easiest task, and he's put together impressive classes within context of where they were.

Regardless of his personal transgressions or controversial coaching methods, the man knows how to teach throwing the pigskin all over the yard.

Rutgers says defense is their strength, here's your opportunity to show it.

PS - 5th year Sr. Gareef Glashen makes a start at corner as well as Quentin Gause at SAM, I'm interested in watching Gause bc I always liked him. Not only that but he's from Rochester. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Glashen's all-world speed has been put to good use.

Um, really? In looking at their schedule I can't see any way that they win more than 4 games.

That's so awesome. You have a great chance to showcase your academic institution and your biggest accomplishments to point out are:

2 - We were one of the first two schools to play a game that we've been irrelevant in for the 145 years since.

That's really the only thing they tell you about their institution, if you watch the entire commercial the only other thing you can figure out about the school is that it is in New Jersey...

After that they just thrown in some academic buzzwords, moving stock photos, and cheap computer animation before giving a really original tagline at the end.

What I got from that vid was, "Hey, we're Rutgers. We're smack in between Philly and NYC, thus we're great."

What I got from that vid was, "Hey, we're Rutgers. We're smack in between Philly and NYC, thus we're great."

Like the old saying goes, the only reason New Jersey exists is to make the drive from NYC to Philly longer.

Um, really? In looking at their schedule I can't see any way that they win more than 4 games.
Who Wash. St.? And I don't recall saying anything about win totals.

Who Wash. St.? And I don't recall saying anything about win totals.
I was referring to you calling a Rutgers game "major college football". The 4 wins was also in reference to RU.

I've taken an inordinate amount of pleasure in listening to all of the pot shots taken at Schiano this summer as people have discussed Lovie Smith and the Bucs.

Inordinate.

They could have saved a crap ton of money. One graphic, red background with white letters and a big R

"Rutgers....We are old"

3 - We beat Louisville on Thursday night!!!!

Frozen said:
This is the worst college video of all time.

I couldn't stop watching! That is unreal. My grandfather played football there in the late 20's. It was like a car crash... I wanted to stop looking but I just couldn't stop. Seriously that is to promote your school?? Wow

They have a thread about London Broil being on sale at ShopRite on their rivals board. Good grief.

it's the only time they will sink their teeth into meat all season...reality is finally setting in.