The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Penn State and Rutgers: Natural rivalry or forced TV matchup? (CBS)

Rutgers has issued more than 400 credentials for its big game Saturday.

The Big Ten Network pregame show will be live outside of High Point Solutions Stadium all day.

Bowl reps from the Rose, Orange, Capital One and TaxSlayer Bowls will attend. Commissioner Jim Delany will be in the house.

All of this is suitable for the Scarlet Knights' debut in conference play as a member of the Big Ten.

But Rutgers is trying to squeeze more out of this night. The Scarlet Knights want a rivalry -- and they want it with Penn State, three days from now...

All this for an unranked Penn st team that barely got by ucf and looked like crap against akron lol.

I am so very torn on who I want to win this game ! On one hand there's the burning passion of hate I have for rutgers. Butttttttttttttt on the other hand penn state is prolly the best hope of a college football playoff birth for the big ten at this point in time! I say let rutgers have their program defining game of David vs Goliath cuz id much rather watch the big ten as a whole burn as the dumpster that it is

Penn State and Rutgers: Natural rivalry or forced TV matchup? (CBS)

Rutgers has issued more than 400 credentials for its big game Saturday.

The Big Ten Network pregame show will be live outside of High Point Solutions Stadium all day.

Bowl reps from the Rose, Orange, Capital One and TaxSlayer Bowls will attend. Commissioner Jim Delany will be in the house.

All of this is suitable for the Scarlet Knights' debut in conference play as a member of the Big Ten.

But Rutgers is trying to squeeze more out of this night. The Scarlet Knights want a rivalry -- and they want it with Penn State, three days from now...

...and after they beat Penn State, Kyle Flood gets a lifetime extension...

But let us not forget that the two of the three power teams in the B1G Eastern Division are playing for almost all the marbles. The loser will have to beat Maryland and pray for a Maryland victory over the winner of this game if they want a chance at the Division Title.

According to one RU poster, this matchup with unranked PSU is "their biggest game ever". I guess that's easy when you have zero history or tradition.

How soon they forget that they once had the ESB lit up in red. Obviously, that was a much bigger game.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 18m
If any of my college football writer friends know of a contract extension in the second week of September, kindly share.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 14m
Because it's Rutgers ... I've been told Julie Hermann will not answer questions directly from the media about Flood's new contract.

Steve Politi @StevePoliti · 12m
We've been told she's "in meetings with the President." Well, maybe bring him?

NOTE: Politi writes for The Star-Ledger

Translations:
1) Huh? How do I get this gig?

2) Not even the University can place a good spin on this one.

3) The University President is reaming her a new one and the meeting is with lawyers to see if they can fire her without an ensuing wrongful termination lawsuit. Most parties believe that the evidence speaks for itself, but there are a couple hold outs that think she would give Rutgers Athletics a black eye if they canned here.

A 2-0 Rutgers victory would be epic.

If, by 'rivalry' they mean 'the first of many ugly blowouts to conference-mates', I believe they just might have a rivalry.

Exactly. Why change history, that is what the "rivalry" has been to date?

Yeah - but the kicker is that Penn St hasn't even looked that good. ESPN was touting them as the B1G's only legit playoff contender... A week after a mediocre performance vs Akron.

How is that even possible?

A - They are already unranked
B - Even if they run the table, they will have played nobody of significance that doesn't already have a bad OOC loss
1- Given that B is true they will still be unranked and not anywhere near the top of the polls

Michigan State is still the B1G's best chance at the playoffs.

As "bad" as Penn State may be, they are still light years ahead of Rutgers and should curb stomp them.

CuseOnly said:
How is that even possible? A - They are already unranked B - Even if they run the table, they will have played nobody of significance that doesn't already have a bad OOC loss 1- Given that B is true they will still be unranked and not anywhere near the top of the polls Michigan State is still the B1G's best chance at the playoffs. As "bad" as Penn State may be, they are still light years ahead of Rutgers and should curb stomp them.

Agree on all fronts. I was watching CFB Daily on ESPNU and the host (not the SU grad) was suggesting that. I think it was:

1. Due to the bowl ban being lifted
2. Trying to be "fair" to the B1G after dumping on the conference (rightly) after their horrible, very bad, no good weekend.

Delaneys got to be out in full force trying to salvage the leagues rep. Too bad Rutgers will be an anchor tied to their feet.

meanwhile down in Piscataway

Yup, Rutgers is ready for #B1G

BxbHa39IAAEpipG.jpg

"Enemies of the state" or "Too wise to be sucked into attending NJSU"?

"Enemies of the state" or "Too wise to be sucked into attending NJSU"?

It is sad that anyone would begrudge a kid for going to a school where he thought he would get the best overall bargain for his own personal benefit. Thus, you point is doubly made.