The alliance scheduling agreement already looks dead in football | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The alliance scheduling agreement already looks dead in football

The Big 10 will look to restrict the amount of bids a conference can get and since they have the ACC and Pac-12 in their back pocket what can the SEC do?

I look at things from a macro level.

The ACC needs to pull out the alliance ASAP.
You've lost me here. Why do they need to get out? For the moment, the interests of the ACC, B1G, and Pac-12 are in alignment, so why not have allies? Does Phillips not have the fiduciary interests of the ACC in mind? While everyone points to Swofford's son as the reason for the Raycom deal, the idea that giving Raycom a cut because they broadcast an ACC football and basketball game-of-the-week for many, many years when others wouldn't give us the time of day can't be ignored. There is a sense of loyalty at work in this and it's probably questionable whether the games that were sold to Raycom would have been broadcast at all.

The ACC wants and needs autobids, especially since any Coastal team that wins the ACC championship and didn't play Clemson, FSU, and/or ND is automatically suspect. (At 11-1, they're not getting in and if undefeated would need to fight to get ranked above 5th.) It is doubtful there will be autobids in the expanded playoff because every autobid slot is one less slot for any extra B1G or SEC teams. So why would the ACC want an expansion? The three conferences agree on this issue. Do they agree on others? Maybe, maybe not, and they will vote for whatever they feel is in their best interests.

The ACC will exist for as long as UNC wants it to exist. If FSU and Clemson leave then it might speed that decision up, but who is taking FSU and Clemson? The SEC could but then it drives Miami, GA Tech, UNC, Duke, UVA, Pitt, SU, BC, and ND to the B1G. Also do they really want to go that many? The B1G could but then they risk waiting for UNC while having 2 extreme outliers who are not academic fits. Also is it worth it to go that large of a conference? Conferences might decide to cap at 16. Which would make the ACC safe.

Wake and maybe Louisville are the only schools that have to worry. The rest will find homes.
I think you might see two or three rival competing mega leagues within 10 years. Who sez you can't have 24, 36, 40 teams under one banner.

The best thing Cuse can do over the next five to seven years is become Top 25 in football and Top 10 in basketball.

Having 8K at the lacrosse game on Sunday was also good news. If we can get back as the best program that'll help TV in the spring. College baseball is tough to program as it can go 30-60 mins over. Lax is TV friendly at a pretty consistent two hours and a demographic approaching the PGA.

Last edited:
You've lost me here. Why do they need to get out? For the moment, the interests of the ACC, B1G, and Pac-12 are in alignment, so why not have allies? Does Phillips not have the fiduciary interests of the ACC in mind? While everyone points to Swofford's son as the reason for the Raycom deal, the idea that giving Raycom a cut because they broadcast an ACC football and basketball game-of-the-week for many, many years when others wouldn't give us the time of day can't be ignored. There is a sense of loyalty at work in this and it's probably questionable whether the games that were sold to Raycom would have been broadcast at all.

The ACC wants and needs autobids, especially since any Coastal team that wins the ACC championship and didn't play Clemson, FSU, and/or ND is automatically suspect. (At 11-1, they're not getting in and if undefeated would need to fight to get ranked above 5th.) It is doubtful there will be autobids in the expanded playoff because every autobid slot is one less slot for any extra B1G or SEC teams. So why would the ACC want an expansion? The three conferences agree on this issue. Do they agree on others? Maybe, maybe not, and they will vote for whatever they feel is in their best interests.
The Big Ten wants expansion of the CFB.

They didn’t want expansion before 2026. The last year is 2025.

The Big Ten is in bed with Fox. Fox owns half of the BTN. Actually Fox owns 51%.

Fox wants part of the CFB.
ESPN owns it thru 2025.
Big Ten didn’t want expansion with ESPN controlling it all.
Big Ten wants Fox to have a chance to get it.

The expansion plan to was voted 8-3 in favor of expansion sooner than 2025.
That vote required all 11 conferences to vote yes to happen.

The 3 that voted against Big Ten, ACC and Pac-12.
The Big Ten and Pac-12 wanted to protect the Rose Bowl.

I have no flippin’ clue why the ACC opposed except it has this alliance. That alliance divides the ACC from its TV partner.

Now I am happy when ESPN gets screwed but they won’t forget what the ACC did.
They will either lose a portion of the CFB playoffs or have to pay more.
Likely the former because the Big Ten will push to add partners ie Fox.

I hope this explains stuff as it is inside baseball stuff.

The expansion to 12 before 2025 was going to give the top 5 champions regardless of conference automatic bids.

The ACC likely in most seasons is fine here. The other 7 bids there wasn’t a consensus leaked as to how they would be determined and if they would be a conference limit.

I think you might see two or three rival competing mega leagues within 10 years. Who sez you can't have 24, 36, 40 teams under one banner.

The best thing Cuse can do over the next five to seven years is become Top 25 in football and Top 10 in basketball.
Nothing is happening within the next 10 years because of the GOR. It will be too expensive for a team to leave.

As long as UNC BBall is doing well, I don't think the money gap is enough for them to go to the B1G. Even if UNC does say yes, we will most likely be going with them.

I could see the B1G going against their values and adding FSU, Clemson, Miami in 2034 but I think the ACC will be around until at least 2040.

The Big 10 will look to restrict the amount of bids a conference can get and since they have the ACC and Pac-12 in their back pocket what can the SEC do?

I look at things from a macro level.

The ACC needs to pull out the alliance ASAP.
You keep saying the ACC is getting screwed. But a cap on playoff teams per conference is GREAT for the ACC. So would conference affiliation being a prerequisite (forcing ND to join).

{snip}

Having 8K at the lacrosse game on Sunday was also good news. If we can get back as the best program that'll help TV in the spring. College baseball is tough to program as it can go 30-60 mins over. Lax is TV friendly at a pretty consistent two hours and a demographic approaching the PGA.
But baseball and softball appeal to groups over a wider geographic area than lacrosse does. The entire SEC region would watch a baseball or softball game, especially since a goodly number of SEC teams are always in the Top 10 of each sport. And while UVa starts a goalie, long stick midfielder and close defenseman from Texas; a close defenseman from Minnesota; and a close defenseman from California, I daresay, even as a lacrosse fan, a baseball or softball game would outdraw a lacrosse game on TV in any of those places.

One of the reasons why the lacrosse season has to start so early is so it's over on Memorial Day and ESPN can start broadcasting baseball and softball conference and NCAA playoffs.

You keep saying the ACC is getting screwed. But a cap on playoff teams per conference is GREAT for the ACC. So would conference affiliation being a prerequisite (forcing ND to join).

With top 6 conf champs and a 3 team cap the 7 non covid years would yield:

B1G 20 bids
SEC 17 bids
B12 13 bids
P12 13 bids
ACC 11 bids
AAC 5 bids
Notre Dame 3 bids
MAC 1 bids
MWC 1 bids

Both the B1G and SEC lost 1 bid, while both the B12 ands P12 gained a bid due to the cap.

Edit

IMO the biggest winners of a 12 team playoff are the B1G and P12. The biggest loser is the ACC, as we have been very top heavy.

Last edited:
I'm not saying college baseball isn't bigger...it is bigger and gets better ratings, but lacrosse is making in roads. 10-15 years...might be a lot closer to baseball. With schools making tons of money, no excuse not to add lacrosse

The ACC will exist for as long as UNC wants it to exist. If FSU and Clemson leave then it might speed that decision up, but who is taking FSU and Clemson? The SEC could but then it drives Miami, GA Tech, UNC, Duke, UVA, Pitt, SU, BC, and ND to the B1G. Also do they really want to go that many? The B1G could but then they risk waiting for UNC while having 2 extreme outliers who are not academic fits. Also is it worth it to go that large of a conference? Conferences might decide to cap at 16. Which would make the ACC safe.

Wake and maybe Louisville are the only schools that have to worry. The rest will find homes.
thank you thats all i was a point i was trying to get across but he only hears his own factual opinions

is it bad that i think its more achievable in football than basketball?

I think the conferences will band together and form one TV deal, like the pros. However, 2-3 giant conferences works, too; possibly as a stepping-stone to one negotiated deal. One giant deal allows for historical regional competition.

Lacrosse is a growing sport and is country wide. It has a long way to go but the growth potential is monstrous compared to college baseball. Average sized kids can play, no need to be exceedingly tall or bulky like a football player.

With top 6 conf champs and a 3 team cap the 7 non covid years would yield:

B1G 20 bids
SEC 17 bids
B12 13 bids
P12 13 bids
ACC 11 bids
AAC 5 bids
Notre Dame 3 bids
MAC 1 bids
MWC 1 bids

Both the B1G and SEC lost 1 bid, while both the B12 ands P12 gained a bid due to the cap.

Edit

IMO the biggest winners of a 12 team playoff are the B1G and P12. The biggest loser is the ACC, as we have been very top heavy.
Being too top heavy is a football product problem that can and probably will change … what wouldn’t work is if we get hosed because of the perception you just laid out when we had a few teams capable. The goal of a cap would be to limit the influence of perception and “conference bias”

I didn't answer because I thought it was not a real question but an snark attempt to just bash ND.

ND's other sports are not ND football and do not have the history of overcoming the Michigan/Big Ten attempt to boycott/quash the program, having to barnstorm across the country and acquiring fans all over the USA.

ND people care a whole hell of a lot less for the other sports than for football. Basketball at ND comes in a very distant second place, miles behind ND football.

Basketball to some ND fans is just something between the end of football season and beginning of football season.

Lots (not all, but some) of non-alumni ND football fans are fans of Indiana, Purdue, BC, etc. basketball, historically. Irritated Hoosier and Boilermaker fans call such local ND football only fans as "reversible jacket" fans.

ND basketball was an independent from the 1896 until 1995, when it was no longer feasible and was no longer in ND's best interests for basketball to remain an independent.

I miss those days. My favorite days of ND basketball were the 1970's when it was independent and played national games on NBC (Dick Enberg, Al McGuire and Billy Packer) against UCLA, Marquette, DePaul, Kentucky and Louisville, among others.

More is the pity basketball is no longer independent. I wish it were so.

In conclusion, football matters much more. It has the clout. Basketball doesn't.

Football has different history and has built up fans all over the country.

Apples and oranges.

ND believes that an independent football platform is the best vehicle to recruit athletes and the general student body and the best way to promote the program and the school nationally.

Football generates lots of money.

Football is independent because it can.

What "sanctity"?

Conference realignment is nothing but a gigantic money grab by, well, everyone.

Staying independent makes business sense to ND. I have said that often.

Its in ND's best interests, it believes, to remain that way.

Football independence is ND's brand and the "front porch" to enhance that brand, publicize the school, recruit players, recruit general students and prosper overall.

Amen and Amen. Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto.

You guys want ND to throw away that brand so that Syracuse and other ACC schools can get a pay raise due to ND joining.

That is no strong morality play by the ACC, just business.

(The bad ACC payout is not ND's doing, but is wholly self inflicted by the ACC.)

ND doesn't want to so here we are.

I appreciate your reply.

I find it interesting, and somewhat remarkable that the specific Michigan/Big Ten occurrence dating back to the turn of the 20th century can still carry any true significance today. Two World Wars occurred after such a time. I mean, if the United States and Japan can today be allies after what transpired in their history, etc., it’s really quite foolish that something so trivial as being blackballed in playing a game against each other by UM/the Western Conference/B1G isn’t water under the bridge at this point. If the weight of those hurt ‘feelings’ from over a century ago were still honestly relevant today, ND would simply choose not to play Michigan, or any of those other B1G teams that “wronged” them so back in the day, at least not during the regular season where they control the scheduling.

Pride is the original of the seven deadly sins, and also labelled the ‘father’ of all sins.

As you mentioned, ND was independent in basketball dating back to 1896, similar to the same time frame of its football independence. There were many independent schools at one time, it wasn’t a unique thing at all, and either was ND in that regard. However, as the football landscape began to change, where conferences started to expand, etc., it became rather apparent that one needed a seat at the table to maintain their status quo level. As phases of expansion continued, and these television contracts became far more lucrative, it became even more critical of inclusion, or risk falling into the abyss. Especially, if you are a relatively small private school (such as SU) that plays the college game at the highest level. However, even with the good fortune of inclusion, reaping the benefits of those TV contracts, etc., small P5 privates (which have much smaller alumni bases, revenue streams, etc.) more than ever have significant disadvantages in comparison to its member affiliated state flagship school types.

Notre Dame is the exception to that standard. Why, especially as a small private Catholic school? What separates Notre Dame from its other P5 level playing privates? Follow the money back to 1991 and prior to the expansion/realignment conference craze. That’s when ND inked its first exclusive deal with NBC; 38 million for 5 years. It’s this exclusive TV rights deal that separates ND from their other P5 level privates. That is the sole luxury that today affords their football “independence” moniker, enabling them to pitch, publicize, recruit players, etc. Call it ND’s brand, “front porch” or whatever you wish, but make no mistake, independence is only because of its exclusive TV deal. If that exclusive TV football deal didn’t exist, or ceases to exist in the future, ND the institution, wouldn’t care a wink about that denomination it claims is so important. It’s merely a masquerade, proven by the fact that all of its other sports teams with the university’s same name written across it is in conferences.

As you mentioned, “football generates lots of money” and “football is independent because it can.” Those words are unequivocally true. And, because of same, ND can play the game it does, that being, a halfway, one foot in one foot out partner of any enabling conference that bites, fueled by the aforementioned NBC exclusive contract. If not for that, ND undoubtedly would be in a conference as a full time member, again, just as its other sports teams.

That’s where the apples to oranges true difference is. The sole/dedicated lucrative revenue stream that fronts the alleged importance of football independence. And, with same, enabling ND to keep its status quo, which provides them relative noteworthiness in the football landscape, an illusion and mystique of being more significant than what they truly are today. Which is (if a full time football conference member) a good/very good member, but nothing exceptional, and one that hasn’t really challenged, let alone won a national championship in decades.

Ultimately, as long as Notre Dame is granted the luxury that an exclusive television contract provides, I completely agree with you that ‘independence’ makes good business sense relative to ND’s own self interests. Notre Dame doesn’t need the “money grab” that full conference affiliation affords because they can keep their own money grab 100% to themselves. That’s what I am referring to in regards to sanctity. It’s not independence in and of itself that is of true importance/value that ND portrays, but rather, moreover, the fact that there’s an enabling entity that provides them with all that exclusive coin, without having to share a dime with anyone. else.

Honestly, it’s not about ND joining the ACC so that Syracuse and the like can get more money. I couldn’t care less about Notre Dame, or whatever its fans, alumni of, etc. believe that their brand allegedly portrays. It’s a small private religious/Catholic niche type school in our present day culture. I simply despise the fact that they’re able to rather incredulously latch on and find a very convenient and comfortable conference home for all of its other sports teams, and not sacrifice a thing in return, actually benefit. The best of both worlds is what irks me most and our conference enabling leadership licensing them to get away with it.

I appreciate your reply.

I find it interesting, and somewhat remarkable that the specific Michigan/Big Ten occurrence dating back to the turn of the 20th century can still carry any true significance today. Two World Wars occurred after such a time. I mean, if the United States and Japan can today be allies after what transpired in their history, etc., it’s really quite foolish that something so trivial as being blackballed in playing a game against each other by UM/the Western Conference/B1G isn’t water under the bridge at this point. If the weight of those hurt ‘feelings’ from over a century ago were still honestly relevant today, ND would simply choose not to play Michigan, or any of those other B1G teams that “wronged” them so back in the day, at least not during the regular season where they control the scheduling.

Pride is the original of the seven deadly sins, and also labelled the ‘father’ of all sins.

As you mentioned, ND was independent in basketball dating back to 1896, similar to the same time frame of its football independence. There were many independent schools at one time, it wasn’t a unique thing at all, and either was ND in that regard. However, as the football landscape began to change, where conferences started to expand, etc., it became rather apparent that one needed a seat at the table to maintain their status quo level. As phases of expansion continued, and these television contracts became far more lucrative, it became even more critical of inclusion, or risk falling into the abyss. Especially, if you are a relatively small private school (such as SU) that plays the college game at the highest level. However, even with the good fortune of inclusion, reaping the benefits of those TV contracts, etc., small P5 privates (which have much smaller alumni bases, revenue streams, etc.) more than ever have significant disadvantages in comparison to its member affiliated state flagship school types.

Notre Dame is the exception to that standard. Why, especially as a small private Catholic school? What separates Notre Dame from its other P5 level playing privates? Follow the money back to 1991 and prior to the expansion/realignment conference craze. That’s when ND inked its first exclusive deal with NBC; 38 million for 5 years. It’s this exclusive TV rights deal that separates ND from their other P5 level privates. That is the sole luxury that today affords their football “independence” moniker, enabling them to pitch, publicize, recruit players, etc. Call it ND’s brand, “front porch” or whatever you wish, but make no mistake, independence is only because of its exclusive TV deal. If that exclusive TV football deal didn’t exist, or ceases to exist in the future, ND the institution, wouldn’t care a wink about that denomination it claims is so important. It’s merely a masquerade, proven by the fact that all of its other sports teams with the university’s same name written across it is in conferences.

As you mentioned, “football generates lots of money” and “football is independent because it can.” Those words are unequivocally true. And, because of same, ND can play the game it does, that being, a halfway, one foot in one foot out partner of any enabling conference that bites, fueled by the aforementioned NBC exclusive contract. If not for that, ND undoubtedly would be in a conference as a full time member, again, just as its other sports teams.

That’s where the apples to oranges true difference is. The sole/dedicated lucrative revenue stream that fronts the alleged importance of football independence. And, with same, enabling ND to keep its status quo, which provides them relative noteworthiness in the football landscape, an illusion and mystique of being more significant than what they truly are today. Which is (if a full time football conference member) a good/very good member, but nothing exceptional, and one that hasn’t really challenged, let alone won a national championship in decades.

Ultimately, as long as Notre Dame is granted the luxury that an exclusive television contract provides, I completely agree with you that ‘independence’ makes good business sense relative to ND’s own self interests. Notre Dame doesn’t need the “money grab” that full conference affiliation affords because they can keep their own money grab 100% to themselves. That’s what I am referring to in regards to sanctity. It’s not independence in and of itself that is of true importance/value that ND portrays, but rather, moreover, the fact that there’s an enabling entity that provides them with all that exclusive coin, without having to share a dime with anyone. else.

Honestly, it’s not about ND joining the ACC so that Syracuse and the like can get more money. I couldn’t care less about Notre Dame, or whatever its fans, alumni of, etc. believe that their brand allegedly portrays. It’s a small private religious/Catholic niche type school in our present day culture. I simply despise the fact that they’re able to rather incredulously latch on and find a very convenient and comfortable conference home for all of its other sports teams, and not sacrifice a thing in return, actually benefit. The best of both worlds is what irks me most and our conference enabling leadership licensing them to get away with it.
Great post.

I’d add that the haughtiness in which ND fans (and AD) behave is off putting to put it nicely. Their independence exists not because of their greatness, but because the other schools allow it. Their actual leverage is “not much.” But the attitude the fan base projects is high levels of self-delusion and arrogance.

I’m stunned that after the olive branch that the ACC extended during the Covid season, that the AD would turn around and try to bully the ACC into playoff expansion after a round under the sheets with the SEC. Arrogance.

Great post.

I’d add that the haughtiness in which ND fans (and AD) behave is off putting to put it nicely. Their independence exists not because of their greatness, but because the other schools allow it. Their actual leverage is “not much.” But the attitude the fan base projects is high levels of self-delusion and arrogance.

I’m stunned that after the olive branch that the ACC extended during the Covid season, that the AD would turn around and try to bully the ACC into playoff expansion after a round under the sheets with the SEC. Arrogance.
Again, it is so very easy to dislike that team. If they joined the ACC we would finally have our long awaited #1 rival, no matter how lopsided that rivalry would be at first.

You are going 110% on opinion. The polls (facts) disagree with you.

Edit

5 of the 7 non Covid college football playoffs the B1G East has had 2 Top 10 teams. Those other two seasons they had THREE Top 10 teams. Why would we expect that to change? And this is just the East, which leaves out the West. The 7 non Covid seasons the B1G would have had more bids than the SEC.
I disagree. Almost every year, Michigan will lose to at least one of Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa, Purdue. Plus OSU has had their number for 10 years. Which means 10-2, or worse. MSU and Ped St. are in various states of mediocrity. The B1G West teams generally lose their crossover games with the top of the East.

Which leaves OSU. I expect 3 out of every 4 years the invitation will read "OSU plus Guest". That's hardly 3 locks.

Last edited:
I'm not saying college baseball isn't bigger...it is bigger and gets better ratings, but lacrosse is making in roads. 10-15 years...might be a lot closer to baseball. With schools making tons of money, no excuse not to add lacrosse

I think the conferences will band together and form one TV deal, like the pros. However, 2-3 giant conferences works, too; possibly as a stepping-stone to one negotiated deal. One giant deal allows for historical regional competition.

Lacrosse is a growing sport and is country wide. It has a long way to go but the growth potential is monstrous compared to college baseball. Average sized kids can play, no need to be exceedingly tall or bulky like a football player.
The biggest problem that men's lacrosse faces in expanding is Title IX. The 85-scholarship hole that football creates is difficult to overcome. There are a number of FBS schools, notably BC, VA Tech, Louisville, NWern, Vandy, Florida, USC-w, Stanford, Cal Berkeley, Oregon, and (starting next year) Clemson, that have women's teams, but no men's team, to get better Title IX numbers. Another factor that spreads lacrosse and is extremely appealing to athletic departments is the Men's Club Lacrosse Association (MCLA) which gets the school's name out into the lacrosse world (GA Tech and BYU are top teams) but doesn't count against their Title IX numbers because they are not part of the athletic department.

Another factor that spreads lacrosse and is extremely appealing to athletic departments is the Men's Club Lacrosse Association (MCLA) which gets the school's name out into the lacrosse world (GA Tech and BYU are top teams) but doesn't count against their Title IX numbers because they are not part of the athletic department.
The level of play between MCLA and D-1 is quite different. The SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (part of the MCLA) holds its championship where I live (Northern suburb of Atlanta).

I attended the event one year (‘16 or ‘17) and walked out of a GA Tech game at halftime. It was much closer to a high school game than what we’re used to seeing in Syracuse or the rest of the ACC.

The level of play between MCLA and D-1 is quite different. The SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (part of the MCLA) holds its championship where I live (Northern suburb of Atlanta).

I attended the event one year (‘16 or ‘17) and walked out of a GA Tech game at halftime. It was much closer to a high school game than what we’re used to seeing in Syracuse or the rest of the ACC.
Oh definitely. It was a big lesson Michigan and Utah learned when they moved up to varsity. The ADs are OK with the MCLA's not being ready for primetime because they're not paying for it, it doesn't adversely affect their Title IX numbers, and they might even be making money on field rentals and licensing fees on logos. Conversely, by moving up to varsity status, Michigan and Utah are now attracting better players than their clubs had.

Oh definitely. It was a big lesson Michigan and Utah learned when they moved up to varsity. The ADs are OK with the MCLA's not being ready for primetime because they're not paying for it, it doesn't adversely affect their Title IX numbers, and they might even be making money on field rentals and licensing fees on logos. Conversely, by moving up to varsity status, Michigan and Utah are now attracting better players than their clubs had.
I terribly offended a young lady at a riding stable here in TN a few years ago. She was wearing a shirt that read: Auburn Lacrosse. I told her that Auburn does not a lacrosse team. She said she knows it does, because her boyfriend plays on the team. I said, oh, Auburn now have a club team. She asked what that was, and I told here that club teams are intramural all stars that play other schools' club teams. Everybody is a walk on, and nobody is good enough to be play on a decent D1 team - and I added, like UNC and Dook and Virginia. I had on a Carolina blue cap with interlocking NC.

She looked at me and said, that's sounds kind of snobby, don't you think? And I said, well, maybe, but it's true. Top level lacrosse is like top level D1 football or basketball. D2 and club level teams simply are not in the same category.

One thing I wonder now is will the SEC encourage some of its numerous club lacrosse teams (Tenn, Vandy, UF, Awbarn, Bama, UGA, SoCar, Ole Miss, LSU, Ark, TAMU, Mizzou, and before long OU and Texas) to move up to D1 once the league gets even richer.

And I bemoan the fact that the ACC has no money to try to help Clemson, FSU, VT, GT, NCSU, Pitt, BC move up.

The biggest problem that men's lacrosse faces in expanding is Title IX. The 85-scholarship hole that football creates is difficult to overcome. There are a number of FBS schools, notably BC, VA Tech, Louisville, NWern, Vandy, Florida, USC-w, Stanford, Cal Berkeley, Oregon, and (starting next year) Clemson, that have women's teams, but no men's team, to get better Title IX numbers. Another factor that spreads lacrosse and is extremely appealing to athletic departments is the Men's Club Lacrosse Association (MCLA) which gets the school's name out into the lacrosse world (GA Tech and BYU are top teams) but doesn't count against their Title IX numbers because they are not part of the athletic department.
Titler IX causes all kinds of trouble.

Great post.

Swarbrick is a lawyer of the typical type. He sees the world very much as does the average used car salesman or career politician.