The BT play that really irked me | Syracusefan.com

The BT play that really irked me

upperdeck

Living Legend
CJ throws a bad inbounds pass way too long. I can live with that but BT needs to learn the rules. he couldnt save it but he could go get and touch it which moves the inbounds to the other baseline and probably saves is 3-5 secs

CJ throws a bad inbounds pass way too long. I can live with that but BT needs to learn the rules. he couldnt save it but he could go get and touch it which moves the inbounds to the other baseline and probably saves is 3-5 secs

I'm not sure he could have gotten to it, but I understand what you're saying. You'd rather he risk injury jumping into the crowd at full speed (only way it possibly could have happened like you were suggesting) to save those 3-5 seconds. In a game we won.

I'm not sure he could have gotten to it, but I understand what you're saying. You'd rather he risk injury jumping into the crowd at full speed (only way it possibly could have happened like you were suggesting) to save those 3-5 seconds. In a game we won.
This is why I hesitate to look at this board these days.

This is why I hesitate to look at this board these days.

I feel like I'm defending Judas Iscariot on here today. Why am I not seeing the evil Brandon Triche the way the others are? Of course I'm disappointed he's not shooting better, but I don't think he's a nutjob because he misses a 17 foot jumper.

I've got to get some work done. Will you take over for me?

When I saw it in real time I thought he could have made a greater effort to get to the ball. When I saw the replays it looked like the home run ball that sails over the outfielders head. Sure he could turn and run back to the wall, but he is still going to watch it sail over the wall well out of his reach. I didn't think he had any chance to catch up to it.

When I saw it in real time I thought he could have made a greater effort to get to the ball. When I saw the replays it looked like the home run ball that sails over the outfielders head. Sure he could turn and run back to the wall, but he is still going to watch it sail over the wall well out of his reach. I didn't think he had any chance to catch up to it.

Agreed. I saw the replay and saw him try to turn on the jets to get there and immediately come to the realization that there was no way he was going to get there even if he dove.

I thought the same thing, but on the replay it appeared the only way BT gets to the ball is if we ends up jumping into a sea of kneeling people with heavy, hard camera equipment. As said above, I'm not sure it's worth a bruised knee. If it's a one possession game with under 5 seconds, I'd hope BT would be man enough to sacrifice his body then. Jeter style.
AAGM209~Derek-Jeter-04-Head-First-Dive-Posters.jpg

SU used that play quite effectively in the past. DC to Stevie Thompson. Otherwise shelve it and work on something else that doesn't involve inbounding to Southerland on the sideline.

he doesn't have to save it. he only needs to touch it.. and he doesn't need to jump. that's the point. he can take 10 steps out of bounds and just touch it before it hits out.. the ball landed 10 ft out of bounds after the big bounce, he realized he couldn't catch it and gave up.

This play didnt bother me and I dont care if hes not on fire shooting but off the dribble, pull-up 17 foot jumpers with a dude in your grill is something he could maybe slow down with.

I feel like I'm defending Judas Iscariot on here today. Why am I not seeing the evil Brandon Triche the way the others are? Of course I'm disappointed he's not shooting better, but I don't think he's a nutjob because he misses a 17 foot jumper.

I've got to get some work done. Will you take over for me?

Apparently, you're not allowed to miss shots anymore. It was unfortunate that Triche passed up some open looks early, but for the most part he took good shots and drove the ball aggressively, and was able to get to the line.

If only we had someone like Scoop or Dion this season instead of Triche; those guys never had bad shooting nights and did it all on both ends of the court every night.

And I refuse to take over for you. This task will crush any mortal.

This play didnt bother me and I dont care if hes not on fire shooting but off the dribble, pull-up 17 foot jumpers with a dude in your grill is something he could maybe slow down with.

Yeah, one he took in the first half against their zone bugged me as well. If he had just dribbled once more he's past the guards and all alone just inside the free throw line.

Apparently, you're not allowed to miss shots anymore. It was unfortunate that Triche passed up some open looks early, but for the most part took good shots and drove the ball aggressively, and was able to get to the line.

If only we had someone like Scoop or Dion this season instead of Triche; those guys never had bad shooting nights and did it all on both ends of the court every night.

And I refuse to take over for you. This task will crush any mortal.

The ironic thing is I was probably just as bad last year beating up on Scoop. He bugged me just as much as Triche clearly bugs a bunch of these guys. C'est la vie.

This thread alone is emblematic of BT's treatment on this board. CJ throws a terrible pass that he easily could not have thrown, and somehow, Brandon is the bad guy because he didn't run faster than Usain Bolt, jump higher than Michael Jordan, and sacrifice his body like Derrick Jeter (who gets paid 20M plus per year to do that).

Damn you Brandon!

This thread alone is emblematic of BT's treatment on this board. CJ throws a terrible pass that he easily could not have thrown, and somehow, Brandon is the bad guy because he didn't run faster than Usain Bolt, jump higher than Michael Jordan, and sacrifice his body like Derrick Jeter (who gets paid 20M plus per year to do that).

Damn you Brandon!
Im pretty hard on Brandon because he basically played worse than a 5th grader for a decent stretch of time but this was funny and if we're going to win it all we need Brandon. I love that hes looking more to get into the lane. He's got the quickness and build to be a wrecking ball in there.

You know how many of those there were last night?

Im pretty hard on Brandon because he basically played worse than a 5th grader for a decent stretch of time but this was funny and if we're going to win it all we need Brandon. I love that hes looking more to get into the lane. He's got the quickness and build to be a wrecking ball in there.

How was he worse than a 5th grader? Becuse good open looks didn't fall?

When he's good, he's very good. Most people would agree that it was bizarre how bad he played. Open looks didn't fall, passing the ball to nowhere, slow motion turnovers. It was bad. Now he looks quicker and more aggressive. I think he has a great opportunity to dominate whoever guards him in the Indiana game. This is his chance to take over a game. Hull or Yogi should not be able to check him.

Damn you Brandon!

Someone expressing an extreme opinion that hardly anyone agrees with, thereby adding fuel to the BT apologists' fire is not emblematic of his treatment. That's usually how political arguments work.

Yah, our best player is going to get more of a pass than the Senior who has pretty much been a disappointment since the Cincy game (in which he was brilliant in the closing minutes). That's life.

I think it has more to do with the increasingly frequent needless shot fakes, which serves no purpose for a 28% 3baller when he has a wide open look. Maybe he's been listening to Bobby Knight too much.

Damn you Brandon!

You should see the chat transcript. People complaining mid 2nd half that Triche had to stop jacking off balance 3's. People make stuff up just to embellish their opinion.

You should see the chat transcript. People complaining mid 2nd half that Triche had to stop jacking off balance 3's. People make stuff up just to embellish their opinion.

Oh, I can imagine. Actually, I can remember that specific post. I believe I immediately corrected the offender since at that point BT had only taken one 3, which he made of course.

I have no people giving objective opinions, but when they just make stuff up, come on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom