The BT play that really irked me | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The BT play that really irked me

You should see the chat transcript. People complaining mid 2nd half that Triche had to stop jacking off balance 3's. People make stuff up just to embellish their opinion.

Triche took at least THREE contested long twos early in the shot clock. They were bad decisions for anyone but particularly for him. I have no problem with him taking open shots..or even somewhat contested threes...but taking contested long two's early in the shot clock is stupid and he is the only guy on the team that consistently does this.

Triche took at least THREE contested long twos early in the shot clock. They were bad decisions for anyone but particularly for him.

You made that up.

Other than the made 3, he only took 1 shot outside the lane and that was a short jumper. Maybe 13 ft.

Sent using my Commodore 64

You should see the chat transcript. People complaining mid 2nd half that Triche had to stop jacking off balance 3's. People make stuff up just to embellish their opinion.

Did we even shoot a 3 in the final 15 mins of the 2nd half? I mustve missed it because all I saw was drive, foul, free throws, repeat, repeat, repeat... game ends.

Triche took at least THREE contested long twos early in the shot clock. They were bad decisions for anyone but particularly for him. I have no problem with him taking open shots..or even somewhat contested threes...but taking contested long two's early in the shot clock is stupid and he is the only guy on the team that consistently does this.
You made that up.

Other than the made 3, he only took 1 shot outside the lane and that was a short jumper. Maybe 13 ft.

OK guys - these are the facts on BT's missed shots where he was not fouled:

Time: 11:59 Shot Clock: 22 Location: Outside the lane approx 13 ft to the left of the basket. Defender on hip no attempt to block
Time: 8:38 Shot Clock: 15 Location: Shot launched from FT line. Defender behind him attempted to block shot
Time: 4:53 Shot Clock: 24 Location: Outside of the lane approx 15-16 ft to right of the basket. Weakly contested by defender
Time: 0:40 Shot Clock: 17 Location: Shot from FT line. Defender on hip with no attempt to block, weak attempt by 5 to cover
Time: 13:22 Shot Clock: 21 Location: In the lane approx 8 Ft. Heavily contested

In my opinion anything 20+ is early in the shot clock. Before this string of ineptitude, BT had made a long three so his confidence was up. Given that, I had no problem with the first two attempts since they were not "long" twos with little if any effective attempt to defend. The one I said What to during the game was the third one with 24 secs left on the clock which seemed rushed given his previous misses. Had no problem with the shot just before the end of the half. 17 secs on shot clock, from the FT line is not a "long" two & was against weak defense and IMO not a bad shot. Perhaps a tad "rushed" but was very makeable. The last shot attempt in the 2nd half with over 20 secs left on the shot clock (heavily defended), even though it was the closest to the basket of all his attempts was not the best choice for sure. Draw your own conclusions.

It's the ebb and flow of the game. As it turns out, IIRC, Cal threw away ensuing inbounds pass from under their basket. Had they been inbounding from under our basket (had BT touched it), they would have passed it in dribbled it up and had a possession. In the end it worked out for us that BT didn't touch it and IMO he could not had touched it which is why he didn't dive to so so.

OK guys - these are the facts on BT's missed shots where he was not fouled:

Time: 11:59 Shot Clock: 22 Location: Outside the lane approx 13 ft to the left of the basket. Defender on hip no attempt to block
Time: 8:38 Shot Clock: 15 Location: Shot launched from FT line. Defender behind him attempted to block shot
Time: 4:53 Shot Clock: 24 Location: Outside of the lane approx 15-16 ft to right of the basket. Weakly contested by defender
Time: 0:40 Shot Clock: 17 Location: Shot from FT line. Defender on hip with no attempt to block, weak attempt by 5 to cover
Time: 13:22 Shot Clock: 21 Location: In the lane approx 8 Ft. Heavily contested

In my opinion anything 20+ is early in the shot clock. Before this string of ineptitude, BT had made a long three so his confidence was up. Given that, I had no problem with the first two attempts since they were not "long" twos with little if any effective attempt to defend. The one I said What to during the game was the third one with 24 secs left on the clock which seemed rushed given his previous misses. Had no problem with the shot just before the end of the half. 17 secs on shot clock, from the FT line is not a "long" two & was against weak defense and IMO not a bad shot. Perhaps a tad "rushed" but was very makeable. The last shot attempt in the 2nd half with over 20 secs left on the shot clock (heavily defended), even though it was the closest to the basket of all his attempts was not the best choice for sure. Draw your own conclusions.

That's only 5 misses. He had 7. Anyone can go to cbssports and see the shot chart for every player. Point was he didn't have 3 long contested 2's as was claimed.

So you're Irked that he didn't make effort to track down the long distance bomb, and not irked that CJ threw it there in the first place?

I guess it depends on your definition of contested. None of the shots you listed were open looks.

I guess it depends on your definition of contested. None of the shots you listed were open looks.

I guess it depends on whether you consider 10-13 feet a long two also. Nobody else does. 3 long contested 2's is what you said. None were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom