the crane the crane | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Wow, this is kind of shocking and hard to process. Like Dolly Parton with no makeup. Looks like almost all of the benches are gone now, except some rows on the first level. Looks like it was a big priority to protect the ribbon scoreboards and the private boxes. I think they are replacing the scoreboards in the end zones, which probably explains why the one is not covered.

What are the frame looking things on the bottom rows of the first level?

Maybe after the benches are detached from the mounting screws on the floor, they slide them down to the bottom on them? No idea.

It looks like they have been very busy since the weekend,
The white ribbon covering...
Makes me recall someone saying “waterproofing” a while back. Anyone else wonder if we’ll see the current roof being deconstructed before truss is done?

The white ribbon covering...
Makes me recall someone saying “waterproofing” a while back. Anyone else wonder if we’ll see the current roof being deconstructed before truss is done?

I would hope so. The old roof has to come out of the way before the new roof panels can be installed.

That way, the minute the truss is done, there won't be any delays.

They might be laying out the roof cables so they're building framing to hold those until the roof is done, and then they'll use hydraulics to lift and meet the cables with the crown truss. They can't really just attach cables on one side, as that would mean one side of the truss was holding all the weight.

I would hope so. The old roof has to come out of the way before the new roof panels can be installed.

That way, the minute the truss is done, there won't be any delays.
Right. I only asked because the original story was new roof built over old, then old removed.

Inside today

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1583343061454.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583343061454.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 262
Crane parts arriving
They just put a spiral up. I assume the box girder sitting there with the hand railings is going up next. They have to secure the cables and position the spiral first.

Good to see some progress outside today.

The bags of rubber pellets are leaving for storage in turf city.

They just put a spiral up. I assume the box girder sitting there with the hand railings is going up next. They have to secure the cables and position the spiral first.

Good to see some progress outside today.
We'll know when the next girder is going up when Whitey begins to max out Walt's tray with counterweights.

They might be laying out the roof cables so they're building framing to hold those until the roof is done, and then they'll use hydraulics to lift and meet the cables with the crown truss. They can't really just attach cables on one side, as that would mean one side of the truss was holding all the weight.

"It's all ball bearings nowadays"

Update:

Shift working overnights (Burns Brothers) doing interior prep work
Getting ready for when the Dome roof is taken down. The night shift guys are Union and they receive a 20% pay bump to work overnight.

The roof is planned right now to deflate O/A March 16th
Obviously Truss work will still continue
Construction crews will be able to work in the interior while Truss work is ongoing
(Normal precautions to stay out of the danger zone)

Pumps will be set up to work the expected pooling water on the floor. Complication is the surface is flat.

Apparently the roof will be totally (hard) solid translucent
The diagram floating around on the media is incorrect
Cranes will be inside the Dome and outside for the roof install. Only cranes inside should be the ones that can enter through the Sally-Port near the SW corner.

Finally: Murphy's Law. Apparently when they (Construction Firm) thought the Truss could be done by the end of January it was under the impression no games would be played through March 1st. Quite a screw-up IMHO. No update on when the Truss is completed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom