the crane the crane | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

So that hoops floor is rubber not wood?!?
That’s correct. It was the original floor installed in the Dome. It was quickly replaced by a removable wooden floor because it’s much better for players knees and legs. The rubber floor doesn’t give, where wood does.

That’s correct. It was the original floor installed in the Dome. It was quickly replaced by a removable wooden floor because it’s much better for players knees and legs. The rubber floor doesn’t give, where wood does.

Did Pearl play on that court? I thought the wooden court was installed after only 1-2 seasons on the tartan(sp?) court for the reasons hoopsupstate cited.

Also, there is the indoor track that Jake Crouthamel was loathe to lose even though the result was a better and safer surface for football.

Can we propose to retire Walt's number in the new Dome? Maybe we can have a banner with his picture on it. Of course in SU Athletics Department style they'd put a picture of the wrong type of crane, I'm sure.

Screenshot from 2020-03-12 12-39-11.png

Another girder is up on the East side. :)

The girder just added to the east side has a lightning rod, just like the middle one on the west side.

I think they are attaching the scaffolding to the girder on the west side. It takes a couple of hours to do. I think they will get it up this afternoon.

One more comment... I believe they'll wait to deflate the current roof until after the truss has been completed.

Has any one kept count of how many girders have been delivered but not installed yet?

Walt's hoist straps are attached to the large girder with railings at the Crouse end of the yard and another girder has arrived on Irving. there is enough tension that the Girder is tilted upwards so they may be working on something on the bottom of the girder.

Last edited:
Including the one ready to go in Walt's yard, just the three in view I believe.

The telescopic boom crane with two crew is up near the end point of the back stay just behind Walt. The crane in the drive has extended its boom near that area as well. That's 120' up - you have to not mind height on this job.

Walt's hoist straps are attached to the large girder with railings at the Crouse end of the yard and another girder has arrived on Irving. there is enough tension that the Girder is tilted upwards so they may be working on something on the bottom of the girder.
The last thing they do before installing a girder is lift it a couple of feet in the air and keep it there until the scaffolding on the bottom can be installed. That is surely what is happening now.

Same telescopic boom same crew back up to the point of the backstay or near it - due to the lack of a zoom function I cannot tell what they are working on or doing.

And Walt has lifted the girder with handrails off the yard and they are moving something that looks like a small spiral away from under the girder. Walt has had that girder under tension for a couple of hours.

And the Portalet truck has arrived and departed and the driver has freshened each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom