The Mob Podcast | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The Mob Podcast

Hah!

Marlowe took a little offense to Zaire picking his LB crew over our current.

Also, sounds like that Miami loss in ‘17 may (predictably) had hurt much for the players than it did us.

Always look forward to these. They continue to do an awesome job on this podcast. something fresh for every one. It seems to be the best show I watch every week.

And forgot a little bit just how good Paris Bennett was those 2 years. Pretty dominant his senior year..
1666229712112.png

Also found it interesting that Zaire made it sound like the Louisville loss was due to scheme.
Our d cord was terrible in first years. He had no clue. I just couldn’t u derstand the calls he made back then. Also our secondary back then wasn’t good at all and that partly had to do with scheme. It wasn’t like we didn’t have nfl guys. Slayton, zaire, Paris woulda been one, and Robinson. Also the other end was a stud to and I can’t remember his name. It wasn’t like ward didn’t have anything to work with. Lol.

Our d cord was terrible in first years. He had no clue. I just couldn’t u derstand the calls he made back then. Also our secondary back then wasn’t good at all and that partly had to do with scheme. It wasn’t like we didn’t have nfl guys. Slayton, zaire, Paris woulda been one, and Robinson. Also the other end was a stud to and I can’t remember his name. It wasn’t like ward didn’t have anything to work with. Lol.
Coleman was the other end I believe.

Robinson wasnt with us just yet

Coleman was the other end I believe.

Robinson wasnt with us just yet
Actually Alton Robinson was there and our best DE and Coleman played half the year with a young Kigsley Jonathan stepping in some when Coleman got injured i believe. Also had Bear, Ruff and Black. Slayton was the main man at DT.

Last edited:
Zaire and Bennet were really good and Thomas was fairly solid but I actually like this LB group better. Especially if Thompson were playing. But Mikel and Wax are killing it so far with tackles, TFL's and sacks. And McDonald, Anwar and Lowery have been solid when each has played. By seasons end they are going to have some killer stats. Considering they all have eligibility left, and some quite a bit, that is pretty amazing. I'm sure Mikel will go pro but still looks great for the future.

And as a whole this current LB unit has a size advantage over the 2017 squad.

I wonder who is doing the planning of each show every week, the players or other Newhouse students? They are doing a great job.

They also do a wonderful job of getting inside information or information that is normally not shared. Both McPherson and Zaire said some things that normally wouldn't be stated in the media. Its like all the guests just feel like their having a conversation with some Cuse players and not the media.

Also props to them doing a great job of being prepared and getting some stats and background info on their interviewees.

Last edited:
Recommendations for future guests?

Mine would be…

Drummond
Darius
Trill
McNabb
Freeney
Either Jones
Dungey
Jon Bol Ajak
Slayton

A few guys from the early 2010's teams were at nc state game. I think Wayne Morgan and Ron Thompson for sure. Both those guys could be good guests.

My favorite part is when they mention other players on the defense and we get to see their perspective of them. Makes me feel very confident of all the two deep on defense and beyond

Zaire and Bennet were really good and Thomas was fairly solid but I actually like this LB group better. Especially if Thompson were playing. But Mikel and Wax are killing it so far with tackles, TFL's and sacks. And McDonald, Anwar and Lowery have been solid when each has played. By seasons end they are going to have some killer stats. Considering they all have eligibility left, and some quite a bit, that is pretty amazing. I'm sure Mikel will go pro but still looks great for the future.

And as a whole this current LB unit has a size advantage over the 2017 squad.
We are quick and we hit hard.

I really like the Mob.

It was a small defense with little depth and an offense going at a 100 play a game tempo. It didn’t matter what scheme they played.

‘Now you have a team playing complimentary football. Efficient offense that shortens games and allows the defense to expend maximum effort for four quarters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom