The NBA is growing in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The NBA is growing in

They were TERRIBLE doing a game on Christmas. SHUT UP!!! God that was rough.

They are good in studio. But also, the game is totally passing them by. They were turning me off so much with hating on 3's.

If OU or Georgia wins it this year that will be 5 years with 5 different champions.

College football would have put Villanova a forgotten BCS bowl the year they won the title because they weren’t in a P5 league.

College football would have put Villanova a forgotten BCS bowl the year they won the title because they weren’t in a P5 league.

Nova had a strong SOS that year with lots of Top 50 wins. If they had a similar resume as a mid major in football, they would make the playoff. The problem is most undefeated mid major teams (like UCF this year) play garbage schedules.

NBA has a great business plan. Pay the best players from your competition a couple million to quit and try their luck in the NBA. Its brilliant because they can never go back once they quit.

The NBA grows in popularity at College BB's expense. Its comical how well they are playing the game.

I like van gundy, although I think it's funny/odd that a commentator and former coach seems to not understand the rules so often.
Don't care for the pontificating mark Jackson so much.
Neither of them have any affect on how much I watch the NBA. Thats always about the matchups and/or what else is on tv.

The season could be a bit shorter. No back-to-backs would be a good start. Make it a 70 game season and keep the playoffs as they are. Playoff basketball is awesome.

popularity according to ESPN. There are many reasons for that obviously. Among the reasons, I think Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson are factors.

They bring knowledge, insight and fun entertainment to the way they call games, and they take the NBA officiating to task when appropriate. I think the NBA officiating has improved over the recent years (it is by no means great but it is better), and I think people sense that. It used to be that the NBA officiating was subpar especially compared to NCAA basketball. Not anymore, and it's not even close.

I watch the NBA but IMO it lacks the excitement of any college game. I also find it hard to cheer for any particular team. I watch players like Carmelo. I get more excited to see him play than any team out there no matter what team he is on. Same with Wes Johnson and any other SU player. The NBA as a whole is to bland.

I lost interest in the NBA when the Knicks went south and there seemed to be a noticeable lack of “who gives a damn” in the players. The little I’ve seen in the past couple of years has shown me that the effort is there now though. Still they are almost too skilled- everyone makes an uncontested shot- takes the uncertainty out of it.

I lost interest in the NBA when the Knicks went south and there seemed to be a noticeable lack of “who gives a damn” in the players. The little I’ve seen in the past couple of years has shown me that the effort is there now though. Still they are almost too skilled- everyone makes an uncontested shot- takes the uncertainty out of it.
There's a lot of truth to the last sentiment. Watching Boston vs Houston right now. So much talent. But these teams both want this win like it's a playoff game. Playing hard.

I have been catching some Knick games this year. It would really be nice if they could be a factor in the east.

I hate the moaning and groaning about calls...it’s such a turnoff to see grown men crying and whining about refs...no excuses...just play through it.

And could we please hold these guys to the highest standards of play via the rules? Call a travel a frickin travel.

And I agree with Eric...fewer games please! It wouldn’t exactly hurt society if we had a period of the year with no sports being played.

For those that are down on NCAA basketball, and now only watch Syracuse basketball, try to make an effort to watch Trae Young of Oklahoma tomorrow vs undefeated TCU. He is a treat to watch even, so dynamic even though he is not an athletic freak. (now he is going to have a dud of a game)

CFB and the NBA, I can and will, watch random games not involving my team.

CBB and the NFL, I only watch games involving my team and the postseason.

CBB has no juice until March and the NFL has been ruined by officiating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom