The official "i got Boeheim's book fir Christmas" thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The official "i got Boeheim's book fir Christmas" thread...

Got mine and starting reading it Christmas night, when all the visitors (and food freeloaders) left the house.

I got mine when it came out. I didn't want to make him mad.
ncb_g_boeheim_b1_1296x729.jpg
Look at Hop! I never really looked at his reaction before.

I will start it later, did anyone else find the Pitino quote on the back of the book hilarious?

Count me in. But not signed......yet.

I got it and its been perfect while I spend my Christmas week off sick in bed.

Fast read...I'm about half way so far. Fun read for Cuse fans. It would hold the interest of hard core College BB fans. As Stevenson said...Jim didn't peep back too many layers of the onion though.

Last edited:
Just finished it! Loved it!

Fast read...I'm about half way so far. Fun read for Cuse fans. It would hold the interest of hard core College BB fans. As Stevenson said...Jim didn't peep too many layers of the onion though.

peep too many layers of the onion? Just to make sure - what are you meaning by that Mark?

I got it too. Along with a pair of Syracuse shorts and two shirts. I also got How to Raise an Orange from my wife. We have a 9 month old.

Absolutely, along with my annual Hess truck! Can't wait to dive in and remind myself of how many times Jimmy's gone from bad coach to good coach to bad coach and back again … and now I guess he's again forgotten how to coach? Certainly is a strange thing how one man can "catch" amnesia so many times!

Just finished it. It's an easy read. Nothing earth shattering. Takes a nice shot at Digger. Alludes to the gmac / melo rift mid season of the NC year and Edelins off court issues.

A few funny anecdotes including Coleman and Wallace.

It really confirms stuff we as fans have suspected about his philosophy. He likes a 7.5 man rotation. Wants to control every possession inside of six minutes in close games, admits he's not a big fan of player suspensions or rules outside the court he can't enforce.

Lots of interesting tidbits here and there.

I got mine when it came out. I didn't want to make him mad.
ncb_g_boeheim_b1_1296x729.jpg
me to. Don't forget Color Him Orange. It covers his upbringing. Essential for understanding coach. Coleman was a Mama's Boy - Who knew?

Last edited:
me to. Don't forget Color Him Orange. It covers his upbringing. Essential for understanding coach. Coleman was a Mama's Boy - Who knew?

I got that when it came out, too. Scott Pitoniak is Accurater's nephew.

I received two copies, only read the intro so far as we got a puppy and that is taking up the free time..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom