The Official Loyola Game Thread LGO | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Loyola Game Thread LGO

I'll beat a dead horse one more time.

Staff was totally caught off guard with Ennis and Grant leaving early, and this is the result.

only 3 greyhounds scored and one of those was just a deuce. is our D that good or were they that horrible.

Based on his playing time, JB disagrees on your second point. I'm very close to getting on board with how you feel. I will say this: Cooney is NOT a great shooter.
Dont ever argue with Bees or the coaches

only 3 greyhounds scored and one of those was just a deuce. is our D that good or were they that horrible.
Well they were horrible except for Hubbard. Carleton would beat them by at least 25. Can't say I remember a game where only three guys scored for the other team. It's a strange looking box score.

If one read this thread and didn't watch the game or look at the boxscore or anything, they'd get the impression that SU just lost to Loyola.
Because, obviously, there wasn't a single good thing that happened in that game. Not a single impressive basket, defensive stop, blocked shot or pass.
Apparently if our team isn't ranked top 10 with a protected tourney seed giftwrapped for them they are garbage deserving of nothing but scorn.
Oh Lord

pearl31 said:
If one read this thread and didn't watch the game or look at the boxscore or anything, they'd get the impression that SU just lost to Loyola.
Because, obviously, there wasn't a single good thing that happened in that game. Not a single impressive basket, defensive stop, blocked shot or pass.
Apparently if our team isn't ranked top 10 with a protected tourney seed giftwrapped for them they are garbage deserving of nothing but scorn.
Oh Lord

I was at a work dinner and got to check this thread from time to time and got exactly that impression

Oh Lord

I have no scorn for this team, it is just reality settling in. They are not close to being good right now. I hope they can get there, but this performance was on par with what we saw against Cal. The lack of improvement isn't encouraging, but its only been a few days plus Roberson was injured.

I was at a work dinner and got to check this thread from time to time and got exactly that impression
This Loyola team is truly horrid... Not a lot of positives to take away from this game, hard to see anything we did that would translate into a win vs any sort of competent team... Rak overwhelmed inferior athletes...

I'd have to agree, I think some of the griping will be understood when you watch the game. Loyola could compete for worst team we've ever played. Last year's Syracuse team could have held them to single digits in the half and under 20 for the game. It's the fundamental fumbling, stumbling, bumbling that is going on with regularity that has me down on them right now. I refuse to believe this is not a good collection of players, but in the first half they looked like walk-ons, there is just no way to sugar coat that.

I'd have to agree, I think some of the griping will be understood when you watch the game. Loyola could compete for worst team we've ever played. Last year's Syracuse team could have held them to single digits in the half and under 20 for the game. It's the fundamental fumbling, stumbling, bumbling that is going on with regularity that has me down on them right now. I refuse to believe this is not a good collection of players, but in the first half they looked like walk-ons, there is just no way to sugar coat that.
This Loyola team is truly horrid... Not a lot of positives to take away from this game, hard to see anything we did that would translate into a win vs any sort of competent team... Rak overwhelmed inferior athletes...

Appreciate both replies. Turning the game on.

I'm not too down on the team yet, but it sucks not having the basketball team be a legitimate contender after such a bad football season.

Appreciate both replies. Turning the game on.

I'm not too down on the team yet, but it sucks not having the basketball team be a legitimate contender after such a bad football season.
No worries... Start @ 11 minute mark to avoid reaching for the Maalox...

So if they're so terrible, and you knew they were terrible going into the game, wouldn't your expectations be such to allow yourself to compliment any of the good things that transpired--in the game thread?

So if they're so terrible, and you knew they were terrible going into the game, wouldn't your expectations be such to allow yourself to compliment any of the good things that transpired--in the game thread?

I was cheering when they did good stuff, not typing!

I don't know, I've just never thought that coaching offense was JB's strongpoint. When you recruit a lot of good players, chances are you're going to score a fair amount of points. I've never liked our ball movement or passing under JB. We're successful when we have great talent on offense or a very good player at the 4 like Coleman, Wallace or Melo. We feed off our defense to create a lot of our points.

He was known for over half his career as an offensive coach. We had a number of teams averaging over 80 points a game. It's really this century that he has become infamous for his teams' defense. The middle to late 90's really started the transition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom