The One Thing We Can ALL Agree On... | Syracusefan.com

The One Thing We Can ALL Agree On...

TBCuse11

Starter
At least i would imagine so, is that Rak has been absolutely snubbed by the Wooden stuff.

How on earth is he not on that list? I dont think any case could be made for leaving him off the list. He is the best player in the best conference, and he is not on the list. But 7 other guys from the conference are?

What? Rak is such a good story. Such a joke...

Who are the others from ACC?

Okafor, Harrell, Grant..

Paige? Rozier? Brogden?

At least i would imagine so, is that Rak has been absolutely snubbed by the Wooden stuff.

How on earth is he not on that list? I dont think any case could be made for leaving him off the list. He is the best player in the best conference, and he is not on the list. But 7 other guys from the conference are?

I think there are 6 other guys on the list, not 7. But your main point is right on. Rak has to be on that list. The list actually reminds me of the favortism that goes on with the Mickey Dees team.

I think there are 6 other guys on the list, not 7. But your main point is right on. Rak has to be on that list. The list actually reminds me of the favortism that goes on with the Mickey Dees team.

yes, its 6. Im too lazy to edit my post. Even though this reply takes longer LOL

Sorry but Rak has had a WAY better year than Harrell. I don't get it how these lists omit Christmas. I mean its a two horse race to win it between Kamisky and Okafor but Rak deserves more respect.

I'm just waiting for some zinger from JB on the topic. After his "I don't give a " tirade, he has toned it down some in pressers. But as the injustice grows, such as Rak not making the 1st ACC team which looks to be happening, I expect a couple of good rants from Jimmy. Something along the lines of Not 10 games!

Don't forget, players can be added on later in the season. I agree that it's a complete JOKE that he isn't on this list. He's easily been a top 20 player all year.

Most of these teams are all having success which gives Rak a disadvantage. But you cannot ignore his stats at all considering he's better than a decent portion of that list.

Boeheim has already said that Rak isn't going to get the respect he deserves because we arent in the top 25. He said they are always short-sighted with awards and only give props to ranked teams players. Rak is THE EPITOME of what the ncaa is trying to pretend they care about. Amazing student- graduated in 3 years, class act off the court, and he has progressed every single year of his career. I can guarantee 90% of the people on the list are freshman or guys with awful GPAs. This is why i don't pay attention to the Heisman, or most of all college sports awards.

Justin Anderson, Terry Rozier, and Tyus Jones, unless I'm missing one.
Rak must be getting hurt cause we aren't very good, because the guy has been a monster this year.
Justin Anderson is the real deal, but is out for 6 weeks (season?). And Tyus Jones is a good player (Duke) but pretty pedestrian numbers (5 A's, 11.3 ppg) compared to Rak, who is Top 5 in the conference in every major category for his position -- shooting percentage (.582, fourth), blocks (2.4, second), rebounds (9.3, third) and scoring (18.0 pg, second). Rozier is slightly ahead of Rak in scoring, and second in assists. That's it. To leave Rak out of the conversation is not just insulting, it ignores arguably the best player in the best conference depending on how the regular season numbers finish up.

Last edited:
Kaminsky
31 mpg
17.3 ppg
54% fg%
8.3 rpg
1.7 bpg

Christmas
34 mpg
18 ppg
58% fg%
9.3 rpg
2.4 bpg

What am I missing here?
Kaminsky is white, and people love Wisconsin for some reason...Syracuse is always treated as a ghetto program and hated amongst many. I kind of like it for what its worth. Syracuse and Georgetown were always treated this way.

Kaminsky is white, and people love Wisconsin for some reason...Syracuse is always treated as a ghetto program and hated amongst many. I kind of like it for what its worth. Syracuse and Georgetown were always treated this way.
Not sure this is true (about our perception). Maybe if we were thugged out every year like Pitt or Seton Hall (Louisville is not an academic bunch either). I think ppl just gravitate towards successful teams .. they get noticed because they're in the national spotlight. We've been in that spotlight quite a bit the last few years .. and have gotten a bunch of kids in the NBA. You can certainly make the case that going 25-0 helped Ennis and Grant last year.

Not sure this is true (about our perception). Maybe if we were thugged out every year like Pitt or Seton Hall (Louisville is not an academic bunch either). I think ppl just gravitate towards successful teams .. they get noticed because they're in the national spotlight. We've been in that spotlight quite a bit the last few years .. and have gotten a bunch of kids in the NBA. You can certainly make the case that going 25-0 helped Ennis and Grant last year.

I made that point earlier in the thread. If we were top 25 he would be 1st team all american.

If they can still add guys, I'd think a big game against Okafor this weekend could go a long way.

If they can still add guys, I'd think a big game against Okafor this weekend could go a long way.

star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

Kaminsky
31 mpg
17.3 ppg
54% fg%
8.3 rpg
1.7 bpg

Christmas
34 mpg
18 ppg
58% fg%
9.3 rpg
2.4 bpg

What am I missing here?

Kaminsky can also shoot the 3. I'm not saying that necessarily makes him a better player than Rak, but that is 1 area his game has that Rak's doesn't.

Kaminsky can also shoot the 3. I'm not saying that necessarily makes him a better player than Rak, but that is 1 area his game has that Rak's doesn't.
That's required of everyone that attends Wisconsin ... students, faculty, even the ball boys, parking lot attendants and concession workers all have to shoot at least 35% from deep.

Let's not sell Kaminsky short. He is very good at 3s. Syracuse is not ranked and not a good team so hence Rak not making the cut. Sucks for him and not fair but that's how it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom