The Recruiting Problem... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Recruiting Problem...

Understandable to get frusturated as I do too. I want Quade and Brissett to commit sooner rather than later, unfortunately recruiting is constantly changing and kids are always changing their mind and saying different things. Tucker is a situation that was not foreseen until somewhat recently, still believe Quade and Brissett sign with us early. Randolph we were the favorite for awhile. But understandable to get frusturated as I do too, I'm pretty sure Jake had the same info I did with Quade a few weeks back where we both thought this wouldn't go past Orange Madness
Preston is deciding early too, apparently. Looks like we may be on the outside with him however. A lot can change for us in the next few weeks, is my point.

Again, fan perception / perspective is different from there being a recruiting "problem."

National signing day is on November 9th -- 16 days from now. I wouldn't be surprised to see us have 3 commitments by then, possibly 4.
Actually? Or are you just speculating? That seems a bit ridiculous considering that is a little less than 3 weeks away.

Why I think it is a problem that there are no commits:

1) There will likely be only 5 scholarship players returning last year. It is going to be really scary in two or three year too, they need to get 5 or 6 in this class.
2) It is easy to say that you can find 5th year grad transfers and such but those guys leave the program after just one season. You cannot sustain success off of that. Now if we want to go the transfer route, I'd much rather prefer that they try and bring in JUCO guys or guys with like 2 or 3 years of eligibility, but then the problem with that is that they won't be able to contribute right away in 2018.

I'm not panicking but there is reason for concern due to the stress that is going to be put on this class and the importance. They need some good players to transfer into the Hopkins era.

Do we know that Wildhack will still allow the Hopkins coach in waiting scenario?

Why I think it is a problem that there are no commits:

1) There will likely be only 5 scholarship players returning last year. It is going to be really scary in two or three year too, they need to get 5 or 6 in this class.
2) It is easy to say that you can find 5th year grad transfers and such but those guys leave the program after just one season. You cannot sustain success off of that. Now if we want to go the transfer route, I'd much rather prefer that they try and bring in JUCO guys or guys with like 2 or 3 years of eligibility, but then the problem with that is that they won't be able to contribute right away in 2018.

I'm not panicking but there is reason for concern due to the stress that is going to be put on this class and the importance. They need some good players to transfer into the Hopkins era.
The way things are playing out, we may be reconstituting the roster more years than not, at least in the short term. It's a new paradigm, and a bit nerve-wracking, but, as fans, we need to deal with it.

All we can say is that he hasn't decided on anything yet. The rest is just talk as far as I'm concerned and I'm goddamn sick of hearing it.

derrick-coleman-waaah.jpg

Green, Walker, Bamba & Reddish

That would be great, but two X's.

Point being [in response to that earlier post above], it isn't ridiculous at all, if you've been paying attention.

Green, Brisset, Sidibe bonus Walker

This would be a pretty good group, but to be honest, I would be a bit underwhelmed. It doesn't scream about all the players that want to play with the elite PG that we were expecting to queue up, does it?

That would be great, but two X's.

Point being [in response to that earlier post above], it isn't ridiculous at all, if you've been paying attention.

So looking at the post from Jordoo and Shark58 and your response to both it looks like you are suggesting Green, Brissett, Sidibe and Bamba or Reddish. You said "X" on Walker to Jordoo and "X" on two of Shark's picks. I would take Reddish for 2018 or Bamba for 2017.

Last I checked we still play in the largest on campus venue for college basketball, just went to the final four, have a prominent NBA players name on a state of the art practice facility, a HoF coach, play in a talent rich portion of the country, and in the best basketball conference... and in the running for the top guys on our board.

We're fine.

Dino would trade these recruiting problems for cash.

Last I checked we still play in the largest on campus venue for college basketball, just went to the final four, have a prominent NBA players name on a state of the art practice facility, a HoF coach, play in a talent rich portion of the country, and in the best basketball conference... and in the running for the top guys on our board.

We're fine.

I agree but JB's retirement has come up in several recruiting situations recently...

Orangeman who we getting what's your prediction I trust your predictions?

Orangeman13 said:
I agree but JB's retirement has come up in several recruiting situations recently...

If it isn't coming up in EVERY kid's recruitment, I would be worried.

Don't see the Kentucky Attraction for these kids

Complete List of Calipari players in the NBA who were ranked outside of the RSCI top 12 in high school:

#18 Tyler Ulis (second round 2016 draft pick by Phoenix Suns)

#23 Devin Booker (13.8 points per game)

#26 Doron Lamb (3.5 points per game)

#38 Willie Cauley (7 points per game)

#52 Eric Bledsoe (20.4 points per game)

List of players who transferred from Kentucky under Calipari

#18 Marcus Lee (Cal)

#19 Kyle Wiltjer (Gonzaga)

#26 Ryan Harrow (Georgia State)

#50 Charles Matthews (Michigan)

#50 Stacey Poole (Georgia Tech)

Darnell Dodson (Unranked due to JUCO, but RSCI said he would have been top 100; Southern Miss)

And don't forget players like:

#5 Andrew Harrison (D-league)

#6 Aaron Harrison (Undrafted, now makes .9 points a game for the Hornets)

#7 Marquis Teague (Israeli league),

#8 Alex Poythress (undrafted, then waived from Pacers after two preseason games)

#9.5 Dakari Johnson (D-league)

#19 Daniel Orton (Chinese NBL)

We're fine.

I'd like to add a state of the art athlete's dorm to that list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom