The Tez Walker Saga... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Tez Walker Saga...

we would be losing our chit if this happened to Cuse...
You mean if we were in Kent State’s shoes or we were UNC?

It's pretty sad that violence and death threats are glazed over in this discussion no matter what you feel about the NCAA. It's a new normal I guess no one cares about anymore. Hell, as someone whose dealt with them in my profession because social media is a lunatic haven- even law enforcement shrugs when you report it.

The NCAA changed their criteria in March of this year on 2-time transfers...

The new criteria are designed to curtail 2-time transfers, so transfers they were approving last year are now being denied.

Common sense in this kid's situation would dictate that he should be eligible to play for UNC (and I am certainly no UNC apologist), but the new cirteria do not take common sense into consideration.

The criteria should cover this kid's specific sort use case situation and allow for it.

It just goes to show how poorly rationalized and inadequate the new NCAA criteria are.

UNC's statement basically calls out the NCAA for behaving poorly as the sports governing body of their member institutions and inadequately applying proper governance to the student athlete and member institution in this situation.

This is not a new theme and can be reasonably argued that they are correct.
Walker had been taking classes at UNC when the new rule was announced by the NCAA. He was already enrolled at UNC when they made a new rule. Too enforce it is to enforce ex post facto, which plays is unfair, and usually worse than unfair. I think Walker could sue the NCAA on civil rights violations per ex post facto violation and win a nice fat settlement. The Constitution only directly declares export facto laws unconstitutional when created applied by states or the Federal Government, but courts before have ruled in the favor of those who claim harm from ex post facto laws created by other agencies/organizations.

It's pretty sad that violence and death threats are glazed over in this discussion no matter what you feel about the NCAA. It's a new normal I guess no one cares about anymore. Hell, as someone whose dealt with them in my profession because social media is a lunatic haven- even law enforcement shrugs when you report it.
How do you know the NCAA is telling the truth? If it is, neither you nor the NCAA know who made any such threats or how seriously any of them were made. I am certain that it always is very convenient for those who make stupid decisions that re going to get a reaction to whine they they have been verbally abused, so all of those opposed to our decision need to shut up and just accept whatever we say.

Crocodile tears by a very corrupt organization.

It's pretty sad that violence and death threats are glazed over in this discussion. It's a new normal I guess no one cares about anymore. Hell, as someone whose dealt with them in my profession because social media is a lunatic haven- even law enforcement shrugs when you report it.
Crazy world for sure. We want what we want or else - type world now. No accountability.

How do you know the NCAA is telling the truth? If it is, neither you nor the NCAA know who made any such threats or how seriously any of them were made. I am certain that it always is very convenient for those who make stupid decisions that re going to get a reaction to whine they they have been verbally abused, so all of those opposed to our decision need to shut up and just accept whatever we say.

I didn't say I knew they are telling the truthhowever I've seen it all the time and dealt with it myself over far smaller matters because people are lunatics in this day and age.

Odd you would claim they are lying about something like this. Ever dealt with it personally? No? How do you know they are lying?

Usually what happens is someone's information/name is shared online and they get threats. That is escalated individually to no avail so they seek their employer to make a bigger statement about it in hope its addressed. In most cases its become impossible to address it because it's so much more frequent and easy to hide behind pseudo online identities.

FIFY: Walker had been taking "classes" at UNC

Walker had been taking classes at UNC when the new rule was announced by the NCAA. He was already enrolled at UNC when they made a new rule. Too enforce it is to enforce ex post facto, which plays is unfair, and usually worse than unfair. I think Walker could sue the NCAA on civil rights violations per ex post facto violation and win a nice fat settlement. The Constitution only directly declares export facto laws unconstitutional when created applied by states or the Federal Government, but courts before have ruled in the favor of those who claim harm from ex post facto laws created by other agencies/organizations.

Yeah, he got absolutely screwed.

This is not new. It's always been like this but with an easier way to view it in social media. But the actual behavior has always been around.

There are literally billions of people in this world, if you want to find something to showcase as being an affront to you, you can. Out of that many people, you will always find some that will be on the extremes. It's always been like that.

You can literally say "i hope everyone has a good day" and you would be able to find people that vigorously opposed it.

Ya, no one should be threatening the NCAA, of course. But are we talking one time? Are we talking 100 times? Are we talking physically intimidating already occurring?

I'm not justifying the threats, I'm saying this has always been the case. It is not a new behavior.

Yeah, he got absolutely screwed.

He most certainly did the way it sounds. Maybe I'm being too harsh but personally it is what it is. We could find a very long list of kids who have been screwed over by the NCAA over its long history. At some point the NCAA will cease to exist and whatever fills that void may or may not be better. College sports are in a weird place right now.

He most certainly did the way it sounds. Maybe I'm being too harsh but personally it is what it is. We could find a very long list of kids who have been screwed over by the NCAA over its long history. At some point the NCAA will cease to exist and whatever fills that void may or may not be better. College sports are in a weird place right now.

Oh, for sure, he isn't the first and won't be the last.

Selfishly, something like this can easily happen to Syracuse and with teams like Syracuse one transformational player being denied means much, much more than it does with a football factory that can have the next man up just step in and do well because they have a number of four and five stars on the roster.

But back to the point, Tez got really screwed. He's an NFL draft prospect, def would have gotten NIL if he isn't still. So I would guess that his NIL money, if it's existent at all, is lower than what it could have been and if he drops in the draft, that's a loss of money at least on his first contract.

This is not new. It's always been like this but with an easier way to view it in social media. But the actual behavior has always been around.

There are literally billions of people in this world, if you want to find something to showcase as being an affront to you, you can. Out of that many people, you will always find some that will be on the extremes. It's always been like that.

You can literally say "i hope everyone has a good day" and you would be able to find people that vigorously opposed it.

Ya, no one should be threatening the NCAA, of course. But are we talking one time? Are we talking 100 times? Are we talking physically intimidating already occurring?

I'm not justifying the threats, I'm saying this has always been the case. It is not a new behavior.

It's old behavior with a new vehicle allowing it to be a much more common as well as difficult to manage. That said the bar for what people are willing to take such actions is much lower.

Not arguing here as I am tracking with you but given what I dealt with and see with I'm gonna push back on it a little bit. I'm not pitying the NCAA but if it's someone who doesn't have a ton of resources support to deal with it- it's still a person and their family not the organization as a whole. It's become glazed over and excused too much today.

Luckily it wasn't something where I had to go as far as moving or some crazy like that but I know others that have and hopefully it's just some idiot on social media doing it a couple times and then moving on.

The NCAA is a joke of an organization and continues to prove that every day. I was simply pointing out that it's sad we are numb to what is an awful thing that happens far more often today even if it's always been around.

I’m fairly confident that we beat them in Chapel Hill. Maye’s weapons are meh, both of their lines are going to stink and Shrader will throw for 400 yards if he needs to because their pass defense will be terrible.
I predict we win. I go to one or two away games each year hosted by TexanMark. So far SU has only lost one of those games. Maryland in Tommy D's first start. Book it!!!

I predict we win. I go to one or two away games each year hosted by TexanMark. So far SU has only lost one of those games. Maryland in Tommy D's first start. Book it!!!

Want to see us take care of business against Purdue before having any confidence in having success in that buzz saw section of the schedule.

Now I know it’s true. This is such ridiculous post I can’t imagine UNC didn’t threaten the NCAA. Who cares. UNC acting like it’s some big league school that actually has educational classes. Tons of colleges have faced the same issue before there was a rule. Now there is a rule and they’re following it. Stop being babies about it. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Wow If all of this is true just cry me a river. Pretty complicated but see no reason why the NCAA should have granted him an exemption. Quit friggin' whining UNC.
I will say my comments were responding to only that post and going by the stated transfers he did already and when they occurred. I didn't remember that there were mental health issues stated and both of his previous schools believed he should get a waiver. That should mean something. I'm sure the NCAA is worried well then just any player will basically claim mental health issues to transfer whenever they want so that is a bit tricky. But maybe if they are transferring basically within a certain radius of their hometown you allow it? its a somewhat difficult decision on their part I guess. But he is already back near his hometown and still has a redshirt available and then two additional years to play. So he isn't really being screwed all that much in this situation. He just has to wait to begin his play again. He can further improve his skills and concentrate on school. Could turn out the best for him.

I didn't remember that there were mental health issues stated and both of his previous schools believed he should get a waiver. That should mean something.

It does mean something.

IMO it means he can use his time away from football to focus on his mental health issues.

His mental health should far outweigh his contributions on the football field.

Ask all the people who got hired for Virtual jobs and then were told a yr later they all have to move to in person 1000 miles away.. Its not always fair.

F7sNNbCacAAQBRU
F7sNNbDakAASDb3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom