The Upside - UNC III | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - UNC III

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It’s too bad we lost and worse that we played far from our best game but that’s how our season usually ends. In this case, it ended far after we expected it to do end and this team brought honor to themselves, their community and their school and we’ll always have fond memories of them.

- After all the controversy about the quality of his play and the minutes he plays, (with some deserved criticism), Trevor Cooney went out with a bang, scoring 22 points, 18 in the second half, with 5 rebound and 3 steals. If he’d had more games like this, he’d have bene an big hero in Syracuse. I think the key is that he was never a true gunner: he was a good all-around player who could hit a three occasionally. 5 of hi 9 baskets came inside the arc. He’s a scorer, not just a shooter. If he’s played in his current mode from the beginning he and SU would have bene much better off.

- Tyler Roberson collected another 9 nuts. They said he’s the #1 rebounder in the NCAA tournament, although I don’t know if that will hold through Monday night. Still, he was “turned on” for the tournament.

- I think the late season run, the development of our young stars and an influx of talent could put us back in national championship contention with a team more likely to win it next year. Seer you then.

23-14 and that’s it until next year.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I always hate for the season to end. We played through March. That is upside enough for me.

Yep November is one month closer compared to the end of last season.

I'm not a baseball fan, and the offseason/preseason of the NFL doesn't grab my attention. So last year really sucked when Cuse Basketball was over the first week of March.

The olympics will fill the void. And we aren't done yet.

Still a FF game to go tomorrow.

Go Cuse!!

- I think the late season run, the development of our young stars and an influx of talent could put us back in national championship contention with a team more likely to win it next year. Seer you then.

23-14 and that’s it until next year.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Thanks again for posting these. truly appreciated and enjoyed.

I'll miss them till next year :(
Shark, do you know something I don't know?

There will be no more SU men's games till the fall, hence no upside/downside posts till then
Ah yes. I PM'd shark and he gently explained it to me.

Am I in denial? :eek:

Lol I have no doubt. Even if the women don't pull off the upset for the ages Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom